Dance Of The White Wolves

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Dance Of The White Wolves - Page 2 Empty Re: Dance Of The White Wolves

Post by Namey Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:49 pm

When the two get down to the Alley, there was a grotesque sight awaiting them. A homeless man, dressed like Curb, was laying dead. He was still holding the gold/crystal coin Doth gave him. There were two gunshot wounds from a high powered gun, one through the heart and one through the head, almost completely obliterating it!

At the other end of the alley, walking away, was the same guy in the light brown trench coat and long black hair! He looks over his shoulder to Gadiel and Devon, a smirk on his face as his eyes were glowing an emerald green in the darkness of the alley! He takes off running around the corner!
Namey
Namey
Admin

https://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:03 am

Most people would have at least flinched at seeing the sight but Devon didn't even blink. He had seen things like this and more in his time on the field as have the others but the 'man' who did this wasn't human judging by their green eyes. Why they had done it at the moment wasn't relevant after the fact. Devon didn't react to the smirk, getting overly emotional or letting the enemy get that out of you Would get you killed. Espeically against a unknown opponent. Gadiel would beat herself up about this more then the others would after this was done with.

No time. Reflection could come a bit later they apparently had another job to do at the moment.

'Up. Keep centered. Flank them on their left from above but keep in sigh and go right.  Make sure to keep some distance for breathing room as we probe them and keep your eyes open. It says trap all over it and he thinks we're stupid. I didn't see the guns, but I'm guessing they're higher calibur rounds if they did that to a human head so be careful until confirmed. I'll call Doth. If he gets into a crowded area we'll have to back off because we'll look like the agressors and we have no proof he did anything.'

Gadiel didn't respond verbally but did as asked, both took their positions and went after their target like trained professionals rather then emotional civilians that would have been likely to choked up to make rational choices.

Nightime was a wolves natural time to hunt after all and running prey made the chase better.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:43 pm

As they went after their new target, he seemed to have disappeared in the crowd, as they feared he would. Still, some distance away from the alley, there he was!

He was wandering through the crowd, acting normal, like nothing happened at all. Every now and then, he would look around, as if trying to get his bearings, then would continue. He was heading towards the hotel where the incident had taken place...until he heard the sound of sirens approaching.

Then he turns and heads the other direction, trying to disappear into the crowd again. Most likely to avoid the cops.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:20 am

Devon frowned at this and held a hang causing Gadiel to stop and come by him on the roof top. "Fall back. There's not much we can do here. We can't reach him due to the crowds and he's going to be more alert due to cops swarming the areas around here. If anything he can use this against us. We'll look like a bunch of non humans attacking some person and that won't go well for us."

"But.."
Gadiel began protesting.

"Nothing we can do. It's out of our hands now."

Gadiel frowned. She knew he was right, but she didn't like it. Both of them headed back to the hotel; Devon through the shadows and Gadiel outright teleported back to their room. Doth and Leela were back there to take care of things on their end.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:59 pm

As the police showed up to take care of the scene, the man in the trench coat didn't flee the area. Instead, he climbed onto the top of the building across from where the White Wolves Unit was staying.

He pulls out a pair of spy glasses and looks down to the alley below, as if either looking for something he just looking at his handy work.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:13 pm

Doth and Leela actually stayed behind, just in case there was another attack of some kind. When Devon and Gadiel came back Leela was the first to greet them.

"Hey you two. Seems our luck track record is holding out with a bunch of crazy things happening that originally have nothing to do with our mission coming up. Me and Doth were brainstorming why Curb got wasted but nothing solid." Leela mumbled.

Doth nodded a bit. "Everything depends on other factors. If Curb had seen something he shouldn't have, then he probably would have brought it up. Even then it was doubtful anyone was going to believe him, so killing him was pointless. Regardless, its out of our hands since we have no real sway here and the police have taken over."

"When we ran into that man, he smirked at us. Like he was proud of what he had done. He might just be a random intelligent pychopath that that wanted to sate their thrist to kill someone and knew a homless man was a easy target. Not too different from Brax." Gadiel said.

Devon's face darkened. "..That remains to be seen. Bad yes, but Brax is something else. To call Brax a monster would be insulting to monsters."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:30 pm

The man on the building, satisfied with what he was seeing, nods and puts his spy glasses away. He looks around, to make sure no one had seen him. The police were treating it as some random street shooting, to he would have to be cautious when leaving the scene. Oh well. Back to what originally brought him here.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:49 pm

After discussing things a bit further, the group headed to bed but as usual there was rotating shifts. When dealing with unknown places a little extra caution never hurt and it was a habit they had picked up on during away missions.

______

Haniel sighed as he just finished his work in the lab after being stuck in there for the entire day. It was one of the many projects he was working on, ranging from weapons, to genetics but the later was a bigger speciality though he supposed weapons in general were his thing.

He didn't want to work for the Ioma Foundation but since they had his wife he had little choice but to work with them. For now anyway.

A manstepped into the room of the automatic doors that opened with a hiss. He walked in, looking around as if admiring the place before slapping the shorter man on the back; who wasn't so short under normal standards as much as he was tall. Brax was their name, but it wasn't their real one. Haniel hated him, but there wasn't much he could do about things.

"Haniel, my friend, you seemed to truly outdone yourself with your most recent works of art." Brax said with a bright smile. "I look forward to what else you can make but we heard great things from you, that's why you were hired."

"You mean forced.." Haniel mumbled under his breath.

Brax waved it off. "Forced, hired? Details. You're alive, so that means you're useful. Anyway, I hope the next gig is a bit more exicting, it was boring last time. I think straight up killing gets old rather quickly. It's more fun to break them down, see what makes them tick and poke you know? Like the last time I told this guy I had to relieve myself, and since I was there in the cemetary I relieved myself there. Guy was pissed. Don't know why so much, she's been dead for years."

Haniel ignored him and continued to work on minor things with his tools. Brax either didn't notice or didn't care.

"So, how's the wife doing?"

The other man tensed slightly. "You should know already. She's been avoiding eye contact and quite more then before lately during the times we're allowed to interact. I can't imagine why."

Brax laughed a bit. "See, that's why I like you. You look like the wind can knock you down but there's some bite to you. Mostly bark but its something. I think I might be able shed some light on that if you're curious. Catch." He tossed a rolled up ball to them before shoving his hands into his pokets and leaving the room.

Haniel knew he shouldn't but if there was something about it he couldn't just ignore so he unrolled it revealing a letter; it was a odd thing considering many people around here didn't write by hand anymore.

'Hey Haniel, I decided to kill some of that curiousity of yours so I hope you apperciate it. Also since we're friends and you're kept away from her so much I decided to fufill some of your wife's needs. She was reluctant to do things, but I thought being a good friend I'd test those bonds and remind her you could get awfully hurt if she didn't hold up her end. So she did, sounds like you got a keeper Haniel, she must really love you.'

This got a sinking feeling in the pit of his stomach but he never the less opened the rest and almost dropped the pictures instantly. He didn't even read the last little add on letter.

'P.S. the child isn't yours, I checked.'

Gadiel was a bit tired from last night, but she didn't show it nor did any of the others. She was waiting for Doth on what they're next plan would be but it seemed likely their target wasn't here anymore if he was Truly here in the first place.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:11 pm

There was the clinking of chains that could be heard coming closer and a pair of glowing, emerald green eyes could be seen in the dark as something armored comes walking into view. It looked like some kind of Knight, but clearly was something else.

The Knight stops and looks over all present "I have come bearing a warning." the Knight says in a strange slightly two-toned and gravely voice "Not everything here is as it appears. That homeless man was a Creature of untold power and infinite evil." he growls.

"It a shape shifting demon who takes pleasure in the pain of others and tries to manipulate others to do It's will." the Knight says "Should you encounter It, again, do Not engage it in battle. The best option is to run!" he warns "I shall be watching!" he growls as he pulls his cape around himself and disappears in a swirl of emerald energy and tormented screams!
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:39 pm

Everyone was tense and alert naturally and when the creature left no one entirely relaxed.

"I don't like how they were able to sneak on us like that." Leela frowned. "That aside, how much do we buy his story?"

"In my opinion, we were skeptical of Curb's story to begin with to the end and mostly went along with it to humor then. It was only when he was killed did we accept what he said had merit." Devon crossed his arms a bit. "Then after a 'knight' comes out of nowhere and claims its not all as it appears to be. There's truth to that, how many times have we ran into would be traps of people pretending to be something they're not? I'm willing to bet that knight was either the person who wasted Curb, or someone who has been watching since we got here pretty much."

"We don't have hard proof either way. But..its not our problem anymore. If what they said is true its not something we want to be involved in anyway." Doth said. "We still have a mission to complete. We'll search a bit longer and if we find nothing we'll head back."

Gadiel said nothing as she followed the others out, it was day time and the city was pretty lively. If it weren't for the seriousness of things, she'd want to explore earth and other places but she didn't get as much free time as she would have liked as of late.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:29 pm

As the White Wolves Unit was heading out, a small group of people start indiscreetly following them. They seemed like a group of thugs looking for someone to harass.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:34 pm

The group noticed them of course. Not only were the group of apparent thugs not sly about it, they were dealing with a group that was trained to be aware of their sorroundings.

'Potential gang members or just thugs just behind. They don't look like much. I'll do a quick scan to see if they're human.' Devon made a glance at his bracelet briefly tapping on it once to see what it came up with.

Doth said nothing to this information but none in the unit acted as if they knew they were being followed. If they were normal humans, he did question the intelligence of harassing what was apparent some odd group of non humans of unknown combat ability.

Never underestimate the stupidity of others the saying went.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:50 pm

The bracelet came up with an unknown species. All of them. Whoever they were, they weren't human and it seemed they knew something that the White Wolves didn't! Not only that, but as they ventured forth, more people were joining them.

They were trying to herd the Wolf Unit into an alley, away from the people on the streets. That was, until they all stop and start looking around, as if they sense something. One looks up and points. On the roof, was the Knight from before!

Some of the thugs were backing away while the others looked like they wanted to go up there and kick the Knight's ass! It looked like, for the moment, the Wolf Unit was forgotten.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:10 pm

Devon frowned slightly at the reading. It was never good when you didn't know anything about your opponents. They weren't stupid enough to go into the alleyway. For one, there was next to no mobility what so ever there and Doth wouldn't be able to turn into his Dragon form if needed. The later was only for a emergency since that form would definitely attract Too much attention.

On the other hand, considering what Devon was and how he was trained fighting him wouldn't be the smartest idea for most people. However they were distracted by the knight, which allowed them to continue further into the city.

Doth didn't like it. Ever since they stepped into the city, it had literally been one thing after another chained together. He was beginning to suspect this was all a elaborate trap and they were wasiting time and resources; there were too many concidences and the timming alone..

One more day he'd give it; then if they got nothing they would head back home to report.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:42 pm

As it turned out, the thugs had stopped following them all together. The presents of the Knight, it turns out, was enough to deter them from any more aggressions against the Wolf Unit.

The guy from the alley, the one with the long coat and long dark hair, comes walking out in front of the Wolf Unit "Those thugs were sent by the creature you know as 'Curb'." he says "Repayment for ruining It's plan."he says simply "He was trying to get You to fight Me. That's why he lead you to me by the bus stop." he explains

"When that failed, he took my form and killed a innocent, to give you the illusion that I was the one responsible and when That failed, he was going to kill you all." he states "Just because.".
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:21 pm

Leela crossed her arms. "So why is a supposedly uber cosmic ancient evil being doing messing with small fry like us compared to it? If its as powerful as you say, it could just go after you directly if it really wants you dead. That we didn't know what race those thugs were and we've ran into a lot of different races."

"It does seem rather round about but I've stopped pondering the thoughts of mad men..or things as the case may be.
" Doth mulled it over. "Maybe it doesn't interferre as directly as it can't. At least not yet."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:39 pm

Ross nods "That's exactly the reason." he says and looks to Leela "And you're correct. I would tell you more, but I don't think it's any of your business." he says

"It tried and failed. It's Very rare that It gets Directly involved in battle." he assures "But be warned, if It suspects that you know Anything about them, It'll stop at nothing to see you and anyone you tell, dies." he says in a low tone.

"Also, watch out for those cops..." he nods to a pair of cops in a greenish uniform "They have special technology that identifies a person's race and if you aren't on a list, they arrest you." he cautions.

Crossing his arms, Ross leans against the building "So, why exactly are you soldiers here on Earth? Are you scouting for invasion?" he asks "Because if you are, I should warn you, this planet has some pretty tough characters on it." he warns.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:14 pm

Doth shook his head. "Nothing of the sort. We're actually looking for a crimminal by the name of Zeisk. He's part of the 'Ioma Foundation' which is a organization, or rather group of inter-realm slavers but it goes much deeper then that. When we pursued them, we fled but we believe it was a trap with the ease the building was stormed. Add to that, Earth we aren't allied with or have any treaties with."

"In other words, make us go after them, if it was truly them to earth and have us run around like chickens with their heads cut off around earth and possibly get into trouble. In the mean time they leave. Fell for it in that case like a bunch of rookies straight from the academy." Devon grunted, annoyed. "If anything, Noreal, the realm we come from is thinking of making contact with earth. Bit hard to do if we make a negative impression..which may have been another reason why."

Gadiel looked around then back to Ross. "How did you know we were soldiers in the first place?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:51 pm

"I recognized several factors in the manner in which you carry and conduct yourselves." he says, thinking "Slavers, you say? As in taking people and selling them..." he says slowly "As it turns out, I'm looking for a group who's been taking those, less fortunate, then others...Those they think no one cares about." he says in a low tone "Does this sound like it could be your slavers?" he asks.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:45 am

Doth slowly frowned a bit. "..It does. It sounds very much like they usually operate from what we know of them so far. I had no idea they had operated on Earth in the past but it doesn't surprise me. How did you find out about this?"

Even if Zeisk was a bust maybe there could be something to be found before they returned home.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:01 am

Ross shrugs "As a resident of this fair planet of Earth, I have access to the general and secret goings on that, visitors, don't." he says.

"The best thing to do, when a situation such as this arises, is to get in contact with the local government and apprise them of what's going on. It might make your job easier if you had local support." Ross says.

"Also, a thing to remember, this planet already suffered alien one invasion. They don't need a secret alien military force sneaking around making them kind there's a plot for another one." Ross points out.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:26 am

Doth nodded. "Fair point. We were going to see about doing that some time today when it became apparent we wouldn't be in and out. We also weren't aware they had been 'working' in here but its a moot point."

"We don't have exact proof of our claim about slavers and some large crimminal organizatization sometimes messing with the citizens of this planet though. Not on us." Gadiel said.

Devon shook his head. "I would think we wouldn't need exact proof just enough. If someone says a person has been playing with matches around your house, they're at least going to look outside."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:47 am

Ross nods "Well said." he says "The best thing to do, is have some kind of dignitary or head of state with you when you approach a major government." he points out "Humans are greedy and paranoid. They'll try and get something from your own government in exchange for their cooperation." he says.

"The best thing to do, is send a message ahead of any ships or what not, stating that you mean no harm and wish to open a dialogue." he suggests "They'll still be suspicious, but at least they're not as likely to shoot-" he stops suddenly, as if something got his attention.

He looks around and focuses on someone, who was glaring daggers at him "I think this is where we part company." he says as the other guy starts walking towards the group "It's, perhaps, time for you all to go. Good luck hunting your slavers." he says as he starts towards the guy heading to them.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:21 am

Doth nodded to the other man and motioned for the others to go with them as they headed a bit out of sight. Once done, Gadiel and Leela did their thing and all four of them were gone, heading back to Noreal to prepare for the meeting, among other things.

(All four are out, will start something later on when I have the energy/motivation for it)
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:08 pm

((I guess Ross is out as well.))
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down