Welcome Back Home! (M)

2 posters

Page 8 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next

Go down

Welcome Back Home! (M) - Page 8 Empty Re: Welcome Back Home! (M)

Post by Namey Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:06 pm

Ness curses as he gets to his feet "Sonuvabitch!" he says "I knew this shit would happen if Kitt got involved!" he says as his PK Vortex closes "That's why I told him to protect you guys. Not because you might need it, but because Kitt's primary programming is to protect human life. Even at the cost of his own." he grumbles as he climbs out of his Virtuoid.

Amanda frowns "What's the big deal?" she asks "It was just a robot. It's not like it was alive or anything." she says.

Ness jumps down from his mech, which disappears back into subspace "But you're wrong..." he keeps staring at where the portal was "Transformers, even manmade ones like Kitt. They are alive. Have a soul. Can laugh, get sad or angry. They can feel pain and even die." he says in a solemn tone.

"After we started traveling around, Kitt told me that he had never had any friends before. He tried back home, but they only ever saw him as a tool. Not like the other transformers. He said that he was happy to finally have some friends of his own." he says "The most we can do for him now...is hope he finds his way home." he mumbles.
Namey
Namey
Admin

https://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:17 pm

Amanda's comment pissed Adell but he held his tongue or he'd say something he'd regret. It dissapointed him a bit though.

He turned to Ness. "So is that's it? After that, we're just going to give on him? You can't just leave things like this after this Ness, you can't. I'm not saying we should stupidly rush into things espeically with Cedrick down but just standing hoping for the best doesn't feel right."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:39 pm

Amanda's comment didn't bother Ness. He knew well enough to know that's what most people who didn't really know Kitt would think about him. That he was just a robot and that was true, but he was a special robot. People who didn't know Kitt, wouldn't know that.

Ness turns to Adell "What can we do?" he asks "Sure I can open a PK Vortex. But what then? Sure I could calculate where Kitt went but what good will it do when my PK Vortexes take us where and when we're needed the most?" he asks.

"It's not that I want to give up on Kitt, but the fact is, we can't do anything to find him, get to him or even help him. I'm sorry to say, the facts are the facts. We can't do anything to help Kitt from where we stand." he states.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:44 pm

"I gues so." Adell sighed and let it be, he had really nothing else to say.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:47 pm

Anita was silent, thinking "So...how did you get Kitt to follow you through your PK Vortexes? Does it count Kitt as nothing more than a tool as well?" she asks.

Ness shakes his head "No. They go by my own conscious mind set about something. If I believe it's alive, they'll go somewhere else when they jump into my portals." he explains "Kitt always followed us because I tagged him with a special transmitter that locks onto my PK energy and lets him know when I open a vortex, allowing him to either follow or join me." he finishes slowly, thinking.

Anita "So if that transmitter lets him know when you open a PK Vortex and lets him follow you Join you, doesn't that mean that you if you opened a vortex, right now, he would be notified of it?" she asks.

Ness nods 'Yes..Yes it should let him know whenever I open a PK Vortex. I've seen my friend Calvine use it enough time to know they work and work very well." he holds his hand out, searching for something "Right there..." he says, finding that he was looking for.

Ness makes a sudden grabbing motion, as if pulling something towards himself and one of his PK Vortexes opens in a crack of thunder! 'Now all we need to do is wait for Kitt to activate his transmitter and he'll be pulled into subspace and deposited into the slipstream of one of my vortexes...assuming he's still alive, that is." he mumbles the last part.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:11 am

Adell didn't like waiting in a time like this, but realistically there wasn't much they do otherwise at this point in the game.

They would just have to wait. There was nothing more to it.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:15 am

Ness frowns slightly "Get ready!" he warns "Something's going to be coming through." he says as he holds his hand out to Cedrick and her Hylian beam saber goes flying to his hand, which activates upon contact. It was all very 'Jedi-like', in it's own way.

The vortex crackles for a bit as something big and black comes roaring through the PK Vortex! It was a severely damaged, but very much alive Kitt! Ness waves a hand and closes the vortex as he turns off his weapon "Kitt! Damn it's good to see you buddy!" he says as he jogs over to the Transformer.

"Than-thank y-you, Ness-ss." he says, sounding pretty bad "I-I was-s-s able-le to-to-to driv-v-ve Al-l-lduin away-y-y with the h-hel-help of some hum-mans." he explains.

Ness frowns as he inspects the damage done to his friend "Oh man, Kitt. What did that damned dragon do to you?" he says. There were deep gashes in his metal panels as well as some torn and just plain missing. A kind of liquidy blue electrical energy was dripping out of some of the wounds.

Ness sighs "Well, first thing we need to do is stop these energon leaks or you'll die." he points out as he takes off his back pack and starts rummaging through it.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:27 am

Adell frowned a bit at this, he wasn't a mechanic much less one that was qualified to do work on something like this but it felt awkward to simply stand and not do much of anything. "Is there anything I can do to help?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:37 am

Ness shakes his head as he pulls out some futuristic looking tools "Kitt's auto-repair systems will handle most of the damage, but he's leaking energon, a Transformer's life blood. Once I stop the leaks, he should be alright." he explains as he gets to work.

Anita peers closer "Are, are you sure you know what you're doing? I mean, I don't think fixing Kitt is like fixing your giant robot." she points out.

Ness doesn't look up from his work "Anita, if I can repair the matter/antimatter containment chamber on a Sovereign Class starship while it's in the middle of a core breach, fixing a few energon leaks is no problem." he states.

This only confused Anita as she had No idea what Ness was talking about. Well, at any rate, Kitt was in good hands. Now it was time to see to Cedrick. She walks over to her sister. The way she collapsed and how that dragon's soul seemed to be drawn to her gems "Ness, has...that happened to her before?" she asks "I mean, with the dragon and her gems..." she clarifies.

Ness doesn't stop working "Yes. The first time was at a place called Skyrim when we first defeated the dragon. She was unconscious for a few days." he explains.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:00 pm

"What, exactly is Soveign Class starship?"
A lot of these things flew over his head but he was curious. Literally the only thing he knew about ships were from movies and such but he had never been around a real one.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:25 pm

Ness moves to a new leak "A Sovereign Class starship is considered the pride of the Starfleet flag ships. At 685 meters, with 24 decks, going at a top speed of warp 9.7. A Sovereign Class can out fly, out power and out fight almost any other starships out there, with the exception of a Borg Cube or the Scimitar." he explains.

All this Still went over Anita's head, but from what she gathered, a Sovereign Class ship was fast, tough and powerful. Still, she had other things to worry about. Like how was she going to help Cedrick? Was there anything she could do?

Amanda walks over, her arms folded "If you're That worried about Cedrick, why don't you wake her up?" she asks, as if that should have been common knowledge.

Anita looks over to Amanda "And how, exactly, would I do that? It's not like shaking or slapping her is going to wake her." she snaps her fingers "I know! How about a bucket of cold water?" she says, being sarcastic.

Amanda sighs "Or you could, I don't know, touch her gem and give her system the boost it needs to shake this off." she says, just as sarcastically as Anita.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:03 pm

Adell sighed mentally, wondering if he should get involved but decided against it unless they went over board. It was like herding cats. In the past it was He who was more the head strong and such type. Now in the present he acted more along the lines of the voice of reason in Monica's absence.

What the hell had happened?
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:23 pm

Anita gently touches Cedrick's gem at the base of her neck, which glows slightly, as does Anita's and that was it. Anita looks from Cedrick to Amanda "That's it? What happened? Why isn't she waking up?" she asks.

Amanda sighs "You need to wait for her to recover her strength. You gave her a jumpstart, now she needs power." she says, explaining as if Cedrick was a car with a dead battery.

Anita puts her hand on Cedrick's gem and concentrates on her healing ability. If it works on her, it Should work for Cedrick, since they're basically the same person, right? Sure enough, it was working. Anita was healing Cedrick, giving her the energy she needed to snap out of it.

Cedrick's eyes slowly flutter open "Ow..." she mumbles as she sits up and looks around "What happened?" she asks as she focuses on Kitt, who was still being worked on by Ness "I assume that Alduin is responsible for that?" she asks in a cold, but even tone.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:30 pm

It could have just been his imagination but it almost sounded like Cedrick wasn't as emotionally flat as always when whe first woke up. "Yeah. He did a number on them but he and some others were able to drive them off. Luckily we were able to get to them in time."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:02 pm

Ness steps back from Kitt "Well, that about does it for the leaks I can. Now to see if there are any internal hemorrhaging." he says as he pulls out his tricorder and passes it over Kitt "It looks like there is some internal damage, but your auto repairs are taking care of it." he says as he pulls out another device and hooks it around his wrist.

"Your energon transfer device?" Cedrick asks "Is Kitt really that bad?" she asks.

If Anita didn't know any better, she could swear that Cedrick seemed concerned for Kitt's wellbeing "He was leaking, uh, energon badly when he showed up." she says.

Cedrick slowly stands "When he showed up', what do you mean by that?" she asks, dead toned again "Did Kitt go somewhere?" she asks.

Ness hooks Kitt up to the energon transfer device "After you passed out, Kitt suggested I open a PK Vortex and when it looked like we were going to lose, Kitt pushed Alduin and himself into the portal and were lost." he explains.

Cedrick nods slowly "And I assumed you used the U.S.S.R. tag to pull Kitt through subspace from where ever he was to here?" she asks.

Ness suddenly gets a blank look on his face "No...I completely forgot about the U.S.S.R. tag...That would have Certainly made things So much easier..." he says, dead voiced as Cedrick.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:09 pm

...Okay.

That was a thing.

Adell had no idea what Cedrick and Ness were even talking about towards the end point. He didn't even know what the U.S.S.R even was.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:22 pm

Ness looks over to Adell "U.S.S.R. is an acronym for Universal Subspace Storage and Retrieval. It's a storage and retrieval system that was created by Lee and Dino Smith that stores a great many things in subspace for retrieval later." he explains.

Cedrick holds up a small sticker tab "They use these, which come in many different sizes and shapes. These are subspace tags that allows a tagged item to be transported into subspace and back. Kitt has one of these and Ness can use it to send Kitt to subspace and than retrieve him in any different dimension, world or time he would happen to find himself in." she finished explaining, not completely sure Why they were explaining, but figured Ness picked up on one of Adell's thoughts.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:37 pm

"Not too surprised Lee and Dino made it after some of the things I've heard about them making. I don't think we'll ever meet someone who can give them a run for their money in terms of building stuff."
Adell said. Something like that could be useful if he got it but he didn't have much need for one now.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:49 pm

Ness nods as he takes the cuff off "I have. People who can actually match their smarts are in Very short supply, but they exist." he says "Okay, Kitt, your energon levels should be full." he says.

"Correct, Ness. They are completely recharged." he says, his voice sounding Much better "I apologize for giving you all a scare like that. But it was the only way to ensure your safety." he says, referring to tumbling through the PK Vortex.

Ness waves a hand "No biggie. You're hear and on the mend." he says "Though, I'm quite interested on how, exactly, you and these others managed to beat Alduin." he says.

"Perhaps you should wait until he's done fixing himself before you bombard him with meaningless questions." Amanda says.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:45 pm

Adell turned his attention to Kitt. "Glad you're okay. For now just focus on recovering." He looked around. "Probably should leave this area when the chance comes, just in case that fight attrated any kind of attention."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:16 pm

"Oh, I wouldn't worry about anyone finding out about this little scuffle." says Regina "I made sure no one knew what was going on here." she says, folding her arms "So...?" she asks.

Ness nods to her "Thanks for your help." he says, not bringing up the fact that she Could have helped stop Alduin, but left it alone. He understood the nature of things.

Amanda walks over to Regina "Ah. Mother. How good of you to join us. As you can see, we had taken care of the problem." she says, somewhat smug.

Regina nods "Indeed I had seen what happened and I had also seen that is wasn't You who did anything useful to stop that dragon. It was this Human and machine with a soul, who put their lives on the line to protect this world." she says, rebuking her daughter.

She looks to Cedrick "And you, my dear girl, able to summon a dragon and even absorb his soul again. Well, well... It seems your mastery over these gems of mine are growing more then I had ever hoped. Yes, more and more I believe I made the right decision." she says with a sly smile.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:30 pm

The whole thing with Alduin was honestly almost a wake up call. True he did try, but the only useful thing he was able to do during the entire fight was pull Cedrick to safety. He was going have to improve somehow a lot if he wanted to protect those he cared about. Maybe a long training trip with Ness was in order.

"Right decison of what?" Adell thought maybe she was referring to the heir thing, but it could be something else.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:00 pm

Regina looks over to Adell 'Hmm?" she seemed surprised "I have no idea what you're talking about." she says as she walks over to Adell and leans close, giving him a nice view "And try not to beat yourself up too much. None of you really had the means to beat that dragon. Not even this powerful Human." she says nodding to Ness.

"She is right." Kitt says "The warriors who finally managed to stop Alduin used special type of 'shouting' called a Thu'um. After we defeated Alduin, they had told me how they managed to use this, Thu'um." he explains.

Ness nods "I would like you to teach me how to do this 'Thu'um', when you get better." he says, feeling that he would need that ability.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:15 pm

Adell didn't mind the view but something else caught his attention after what Kitt said. "That dragon was pretty shouting the whole time with this Thu'um thing. Is it a type of magic?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:44 pm

"As it was explained to me, the Thu'um that dragons use, is their native language and has nothing magical in nature to it. It is merely raw power." Kitt says.

Ness nods "Well now...that Is interesting. How, exactly, did those warriors manage to beat Alduin?" he asks.

"The humans used a certain Thu'um that was specially made to be used against dragons called "Dragon Rend'. Dragons there are immortal, and Dragon Rend forces them to experience mortality. This is a concept they can't really understand and thus lose most of their abilities, including the ability to fly. That is until it wears off." Kitt explains.

"So, if I understand this correctly, those humans could learn to shout like those dragons? Does that mean anyone can learn to use the Thu'um?" Ness asks,

"To my knowledge, yes. But it's very difficult and would normally require both someone with individual knowledge of the Thu'um and generous amounts of time. One shout could take anywhere from a year to a decade. Depending on the teacher." Kitt says.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next