Not Quite

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Not Quite

Post by namey on Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:46 pm

Kyoko nods ever so slightly "Maybe. Some costs are too high." she mumbles "But some prices are too high to keep paying them over and over." she states "You have no idea what it's like to exist like this." she points out "I'm not alive, so I can't die. Nor am I truly dead." she mumbles "I feel, nothing. Not the wind through my hair or the sun on my face. I want to feel alive again. I want to feel the pain of a hard fought battle or the pleasure of an intimate lover." she says in a low tone "Two years is too long to live this hollow existence..." she mumbles softly.
namey
Admin

View user profile http://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:40 pm

Adell was silent for a long moment. "..I think I know someone who can maybe help. I can't make any promises though. The best I can do is try to contact and get your foot in the door. Hang on.." The young man closed his eyes for a moment. If he couldn't get into direct contact with Regina, then maybe indirectly like before with one of her demons that then went to her.

Back to top Go down

Post by namey on Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:31 pm

Kyoko had stopped at a diner "Not many would come to my aid...even when I wasn't an undead Thing." she says as she turns to him, her black eyes were locked onto Adell "You really are a better friend then I deserve." she mumbles as she looks to some of the people at the diner and nods.

Four men get up and surround Kyoko and Adell as a woman comes walking up "Greeting Adell Kronos. You're a very hard man to find." she says, hand on hip "My name is Minoto Uchiha, and I've come to offer you a job." she says.
namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:18 pm

Adell blinked a bit. What did a bunch of ninja's need his help with..anything? "Uh..what kind of job?" He was a bit wary besides a few none of his run ins had been good.

Back to top Go down

Post by namey on Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:45 pm

Minoto smiles "Come on inside." she says "I'll buy you lunch. A gesture of good will on my part." she offers.

Kyoko holds up a hand "Hold on Minoto." she says "We had a deal. I bring Adell here and you tell me what I want to know." she says.

Minoto nods "And you lived up to your end." she says "Very well. What you seek are mystical orbs called 'Dragon Balls'." she says "There are seven in all. You collect all seven, the Eternal Dragon will be summoned and will grant you any one wish you desire." she explains.

Kyoko looks at Adell, then turns "I'm sorry. I just want to be alive again. Minoto said she knew of a way and would tell me how and Where, if I brought you here..." she mumbles "I'm sorry...but no one, not even my own village, would help me..." she says in a low tone.

Minoto passes a note to Kyoko, who starts off, not looking back. Minoto looks back to Adell "Alright, now, I need your help finding someone. Tokuzen Uchiha. He's a relative of mine and he's gone missing." she states.
namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:00 pm

Adell felt a bit backstabbed at the moment, he could understand a bit where Kyoko was coming from but still she could have at least told him from the get go. The later more then anything bugged him, like she hadn't trusted him to help her in some way.

He turned to the other ninja.. "I'm not sure if I'm the right person for this. I don't know anything about them, I'm not a tracker and I don't have any ablties suited for it. And I know very, very little about the ninja world in general. If anything I'd slow you down. I'd like to help but realistically I don't think there's much I can do without even a basis to start. There was a young woman named Hitomi that came looking for them too since they were their brother, about a few days ago."

Back to top Go down

Post by namey on Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:06 pm

Minoto nods "Yes. Her and her accomplice had broken into my base and had assaulted some of my men before we were able to counter attack and drive them off." she says.

Waving her hand "She, as the others believe, I was the one who abducted Tokuzen and am trying to get his secret jutsu from him and mount an invincible army." she explains "That's not true. Most people don't seem to know that everything isn't so black and white." she points out.

Shaking her head Minoto frowns "No. I believe it's someone whom I know you're familiar with. Shino Shimizu." she says in a low tone "Either him or the cursed Akatsuki. they're the only ones I can think of that would benefit from Tokuzen's secret jutsu." she reasons.
namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:55 pm

"I haven't seen Shino in years..technically he doesn't even have his body anymore last I checked.
" Adell shook his head. "I'm getting off track. My point is, why are you coming to me for help when I'm practically blind to about everything currently going on? And its that point not everything is black and white I really don't want to jump head first to get involved about something I know very little about."

Back to top Go down

Post by namey on Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:30 pm

Minoto holds up three fingers "Three reasons. One, you've traveled this land longer then myself and you know it fairly well, or I would assume..." she ticks her finger down "Two, you're not human and there for are able to protect yourself with a variety of your own special tricks, making you a good traveling companion...." she ticks down another finger "And Three, most importantly, by your own words, you know Shino and there for you are my best lead to find him." she explains
namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:26 am

Adell shook his head. "If know you mean fought see him fight a few times but really know much else about them, then yeah. Look, I'm sorry but I don't want to get involved in ninja politics again. I can't just drop everything at a drop of a hat, I have a life and responsbilites here. The last time me and a friend of mine were involved pretty much the only reason we came back in one piece is dumb luck. I would be risking my life, out away from everything with my life disrupted, for what?"

Some causes Adell was more then happy to get involved with, this wasn't one of them. Getting in Hidden Ninja village politics was like getting involved in middle east politics, grey, grey, then messy.

Back to top Go down

Post by namey on Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:36 pm

Minoto chuckles lightly, shaking her head "That's a very nice lie you just told me." she says "We both know you already had taken care of everything and were going to join Kyoko in her search for her brother and sister, getting 'Involved' in ninja politics again, as you so mildly put it." she points out, standing up

"But that's your decision and I'll respect that." she sets a card on the table "That's my number, incase you change your mind or need help. Having talked to me probably branded you an enemy to some out there." she says as she starts off, waving for her people to follow "Have a peaceful life, Adell Kronos." she says over her shoulder.
namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:37 pm

After she left, Adell got up and headed out. He didn't go straight back home though, he couldn't sleep anyway and there was a lot on his mind so a walk always did him some good. Usually.

Back to top Go down

Post by namey on Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:44 pm

As Adell was wandering, there were two people following him. One was almost unnoticeable while the other was only so-so at stealth. Both were female, their skin tight outfits showed that much. But they had on cloaks with hoods and they wore masks. It looked like one might have a weapon under her cloak as well.
namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:07 pm

Adell hoped he wasn't dragged into the mess one way or another, but it was hard to say with how things had been going as of late. He would have to try to keep his guard up just in case. The fact he might be targeted simply from Talking even when it was balant he didn't want to be involved with anything and had no stake in things pretty much proved his point: the whole thing was a mess. Adell hoped Anita realized that it was better to leave ninja politics alone.

He felt a bit guilty about that, maybe he should have tried to talk her out of it more then what he had. He knew how stubborn she was when it came to helping, but even so.

Back to top Go down

Post by namey on Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:32 am

At that time, both masked women attacked! One was faster and thither was more skilled, both had weapons! The taller one was fast, almost as fast as Adell and the other seemed more skilled and was using, what looked like, fire-style jutsus.

Though they weren't aimed at Adell, they were aimed at clearing the people in the area. It seemed these two wanted Adell all to themselves.

The taller seemed to be the more aggressive and was wildly attacking, with moderate skill with the blades, distracting Adell while the other worked on attacking with her jutsu.
namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:05 pm

Adell wasn't entirely expecting attack, but knowing how things had gone as of late he wouldn't be surprised. As it turned out, hat e was right when he noticed something was off when people began panicking. That was when a woman ninja attacked him, we'll two but one was melee more then anything else. It seemed too much of a concidence though, a attack literally minutes after talking?

But he'd focus on that later, avoiding the blades for a opening. The fire Jutsu he wasn't worried about. Trying to kill a Farian with normal fire was sort of like trying to hurt water by punching it. Still there was likely other jutsu to worry about.

Back to top Go down

Post by namey on Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:00 pm

Since the two attacked as one, the one with the blades had attacked before the other could get her fireballs out and since they weren't aimed at Adell, that meant they knew fire wouldn't work against him, which meant they knew what he was.

The one with the blades seemed to be getting faster as she attacked and the other looked like she was getting ready to use an electricity attack!

That was until one of the ninja who was with Minoto suddenly appeared and nailed the one readying the jutsu with a flying kick! He engaged her while Adell was left to fight the one with the swords by himself, who was getting stronger and faster as the fight went on. But even still, her skill didn't improve and there were openings in her style.
namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:06 am

Adell focused on his opponent, waiting for them to over extend themselves when they went to strike him. Seeing what he thought was a chance, he attempted to use the momentum against her. Slipping under her blade arm as she went to strike, Adell grabbed that arm then used his foot to slam into her back at the same time. That along with the forward motion would hopefully dislocate their arm--assuming it worked.

Back to top Go down

Post by namey on Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:20 pm

Adell's plan worked, the woman's arm was dislocated, but she had another sword in in her other hand and took a swipe at him, allowing her to get some distance from him. Something glows at the base of her neck, her shoulder pops lightly and just like that, she had both arms back in action!

The other guy wasn't having too much luck with his target. She had covered herself in a mechanical-looking skeleton covered in purple fire.
namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by namey on Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:04 pm

((Closed!!))
namey
Admin

Back to top Go down