The Search is Over

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Search is Over

Post by namey on Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:46 am

As it turns out, Torin didn't even need to use Event Focus, that's how off guard the guy he nailed was. Though, the next one wasn't so off guard and charges Torin with a pair of curved knives!

Harlan was more skilled with sword then his opponent and was clearly more powerful now that he had his darkness keyblade out. He was blocking the element demon's attacks with his barriers and countering with his Event Focus and some well timed dark blasts!

As for Camlo, throwing the spider-bot at the giant only knocked it back a step. It destroyed the bot, but the thing just pulled it's self back together and continue it's attack.
namey
Admin

View user profile http://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:44 pm

Torin wasn't too worried about it, the guy from his perception seemed slow. He waited for the last moment, using a Fade Attack to appear behind him and deliver a blow to the head with the dull edge of the blade.

This is rediclous.

Camlo let the spiders come to her, and when close enough opened up a portal for them to go through before closing it off. She had tossed her enemies in a location far off from her travels where she didn't have to worry about them. She just had to figure out a way to deal with the lumbering machine now. It might not be stupid enough to fall for the same trick, and it still had that barrier.

But it had to move...

Back to top Go down

Post by namey on Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:58 pm

The guy attacking Torin had the most surprised look on his face that one could have. He thought for Sure that Torin was the weakest link of the group. Yet, he was the one face down on the ground?

Shadow looks around "That's all of them." he says in a for certain tone.

Abraxus sheaths his sword "Okay, me and Torin will hold the fort down until back up arrives to take these guys into custody." he says, looking to the black hedgehog "You head back to the safehouse and help Harlan and Camlo if they need it." he states.

Shadow nods with a frown, not like being told what to do, and heads out.

The giant didn't really move too much. Just sent his spider-bots after Camlo. That was until the element demon slams into the giant, getting shocked by it's forcefield.

It didn't seem to bother him much as he jumps back up "Switch!" he says to the lumbering monster. He was thinking he would have an easier time with Camlo, then he was having with Harlan.

Harlan, for his part, jumps next to Camlo "Looks like they're switching up." he says "I don't think my weapon's the best thing to fight that beast." he points out "I'll hold off Casanova, you stab a spider-bot and ride it past the shield. They're the only things that can get past it." he states, then goes after the element demon again.
namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:08 pm

Torin discharged his Keyblade when the coast was clear, looking around. "At least that's taken care of. Now if we can figure out more about these people and what their angle was."

Camlo got the general gist of the idea, focusing on the spider-bots once more. Once again, she went to strike a spider-bot with her scythe, it would just regenerate but that wasn't the point. She did what Harlan suggested, using the bot that was impaled still in the process. Her scythe came into a swing, with the bot still attached in attempt to break through the shields.

Back to top Go down

Post by namey on Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:31 pm

Abraxus pulls out some riot cuffs and tosses some to Torin "I find it's best not to think of such things." he says as he snaps them on to one and moves to another "However, this seemed to be directed at our cell..." he mumbles as he snaps another, then walks over to Torin "I noticed that you have Some skill in sword play, but let me teach you some more when we get back to our safehouse." he says.

As Camlo attacks the giant, with the spider-bot on the end of her scythe, it passes through the shield and smashes into the giant, which the blade punches through the spider-bot and sinks deep into the giant!

The thing roars in pain as he reaches for Camlo, but it's arms couldn't reach around to get her. So it suddenly backs up, looking to smash her into a wall to lodge her off!

The element demon knew they were losing. Neither of them could beat who they were fighting, so he had one Last trump card to play. He suddenly throws something down which causes a massive amount of smoke, followed by a flash of light, that carries on the smoke. The two were gone, leaving only an impaled spider-bot on Camlo's weapon.
namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:49 pm

Torin shook his head. "The saying 'know your enemy' very much applies here. We don't know anything about them, their motives or if they work with others. It's kinda important here, but you're right no point stressing about it now."

Camlo managed to get away just in time before she would have been smashed into a pancake, she was luckily much faster then the creature. Before she could continue smoke covered the room and she blocked her eyes a bit.

When it died down, they were both gone. Just in case the spider bot reformed again, she opened a portal to toss it through like so much trash. The Heartless frowned, then turned to Harlan. "You all right?"

Back to top Go down

Post by namey on Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:32 pm

Abraxus shakes his head "Let's let the council worry about who they are and what they were trying to do." he says.

Hunter comes walking in, hands up "We got the message and we're here to help with the clean up." she says "I'm Carly. Healer of cell MH-445." she explains.

Abraxus nods "I'm Abraxus and this is Torin. Leaders of cell TK-427" he says "We responded to a distress call from this cell and when we got here, a trap had been set for who ever responded to the call." he says, motioning to the suspects on the ground "What's here are all that's left of the attackers." he says.

Carly nods and thumbs a throat mic twice and about a dozen other hunters come in to finish up the clean up. One came over to Abraxus and Torin, took their statement about what happened. Abraxus looks over to Torin "Lets get out of here. They can handle the rest." he mumbles.

After the two baddies had run away and the smoke clears. Harlan rubs his eyes, then looks down at his keyblade, frowns and tosses into a corner "I...I liked...how it was starting to feel." he mumbles as the keyblade disappears in a flash. He looks at Camlo "You can't tell the others." he says as Shadow jumps through the smashed out window, ready to kick ass!
namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:21 pm

Torin shrugged, having no complaints going to follow after Abraxus and go back to their cell.

Camlo put her scythe away, frowning a bit. "..I won't." She wanted to question more of what he meant, did he just mean the fighting or something else? Before she could comment more, Shadow had came through with his usual flare.

"All enemies are gone, for now." She told Shadow glancing around. "When the going got tough, they got going."

Back to top Go down

Post by namey on Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:51 pm

Shadow looks around. Looks like Harlan and Camlo had a fight on their hands "As cowards often do then things don't go their way." he says, then looks at Harlan "How are you holding up?" he asks.

Harlan knew what Shadow meant "It was, like greeting an old friend after years apart." he says in a low tone "Then remembering why you both fell out of contact..." he mumbles.

Shadow folds his arms with a 'Humph!' "I told you it was a mistake to stop using it's power." he says "If you had kept using it, you would have been building up a resistance to it's power and what it does to you." he points out.

Harlan shakes his head "You don't know that for sure. If nothing, that would turn me into that monster again and that's a risk I'm not willing to take, mate." he states.

Shadow nods "As a matter of fact, I do know that. My research had uncovered previous keyblader wielders and One of them had Your keyblade." he explains "And he Had built up a resistance to the darkness. Much like you would have, had you stuck with it." Shadow points out, then starts off to his security room.
namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:30 pm

Camlo sighed slightly. "If that's true, Shadow has a point. However everyone is different. We should see about getting into contact with Rachel again..or better yet her father. I haven't talked to her in a long time..last I heard she and him were working for some new company. Don't know much about it besides basics, its something they're tying to keep below the radar because Ultra Tech."

Back to top Go down

Post by namey on Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:18 pm

Harlan nods "Yeah. I've weighed the possibilities as well. One of two things would end up happening, I would either build up an immunity to the darkness in my heart, or I would become that thing again. Only permanently..." he mumbles "So I decided to play it safe and not chance it." he says.

At that moment, the main door opens and Abraxus and Christine come walking in. The Mystic looked indifferent and Abraxus looked upset by something. He looks around and looks even more displeased. Then he nods to Harlan and Camlo "Good job on your end. When you can, I would like a full report on what happened here." he mumbles, then heads to his office in the back.
namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:31 pm

Camlo was wondering about permanently changing Harlan into a humanoid Heartless bit dismissed it. It was too risky under normal conditions and even if he kept his form, there was no clue he'd be 'himself' anymore.

"Welcome back." Camlo greeted them. "How did it go?"

Torin shrugged slightly. "No one died or was too seriously injured, so in that sense it was a success. Nothing else happened, and we don't know anything about the new guys. Yet."

Back to top Go down

Post by namey on Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:54 pm

The only problem with Camlo's previous line of thinking, was that Harlan didn't Want to be a Heartless. Other wise he would be using his keyblade's power more often.

Harlan nods "I get started on them. We know they're not all human, for we were attacked by an golem-thing and an Element Demon." he points out.

Abraxus stops in his tracks, heading to his office and turns to Harlan "An Element Demon?" he asks, thinking. He starts towards the front door "I'll be back in a bit." he says as he slips out.
namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:52 am

It was more of damage control then anything else, if Harlan was going to change and there was no stopping it, best to at least make it on their terms. As it was though, they didn't have to worry about it for now.

"Golem thing.." Torin said. "What was it made out of?"

Back to top Go down

Post by namey on Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:25 pm

Harlan shrugs "It looked like it was a combination of metal and organic parts." he says as he falls silent, thinking.

Christine, which most didn't seem to notice was there. But she noticed that Harlan knew something about the golem "Is there something on your mind?" she asks.

Harlan nods "Yeah. I remember reading about a brilliant doctor by the name of Vincent Von Duvall, who had written a very convincing paper about meshing metal and organic." he explains "But he suddenly disappeared." he points out.
namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:09 pm

"Maybe he's connected?" Torin asked. "Meh. I guess there's no point in dwelling on what limited information we have now. I'm going to lay down a bit." He said to Christine others and went to another part of the room.

Back to top Go down

Post by namey on Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:13 pm

Harlan nods "I'll look into it. Who knows, may get lucky and find some leads." he says "I have a feeling Abraxus is following up on a lead of his own about the demons." he mumbles as he heads to his study.

Christine looks around, then looks to Camlo "So, Shadow gets a security room, Harlan gets a study and Abraxus and Torin get an office." she says "So, what do we get?' she mumbles.

There was a knock at the main door and Shadow comes walking out "Out temp Hunter is here." he says "Someone should let Torin know." he states.
namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:58 pm

Camlo shrugged. "Just a room. But I don't need too much since I only stay here when I need too." When Shadow came back she nodded. "I'll grab him."

She went to his room, knocking on the door. "A guest is here, a temporary hunter if you want to meet them."

"One second."
Torin's voice came from the other end, before the door opened and he prepared to follow Camlo back down to meet who ever it was.

Back to top Go down

Post by namey on Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:45 pm

The door opens and there was a platinum blonde waiting there. She was pretty in her own way. Holding a tote bag, she smiles at Torin "Hello there." she says in a cheerful tone "My name's Joyce and I'll be your temp hunter for the time being." she says.
namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:25 pm

Torin had to admit, Joyce was pretty attractive to him but best not to rush it. He had enough hiccups in his time to be a bit more careful about things. Never the less, he always--or tried to be civil. He wouldn't let that much be changed or it gave other people in the past more power over him then they deserved.

"Torin Strider." He greeted in a easy going matter. "Nice to meet you, you'll meet everyone else soon enough but their off doing their own thing."

[color:a3a9=#cyan] "Camlo Willow. Welcome to our cell for the time being as long as you're with us." The Heartless introduced herself.

Back to top Go down

Post by namey on Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:56 pm

Joyce nods "I'm Joyce Belmont. It's nice to meet you." she says with a pleasant smile "Is there, someplace where I can stow away my gear?" she asks.

Christine walks over "I'm Christine Winters, good to meet you." she says as she motions "Follow me. You can bunk up with me and Camlo." she offers.
namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:02 pm

"I'll come with you." Camlo said, if nothing else it would also be a chance to see more about the newcomer. She really didn't know much about them so far, she wanted to change that.

Back to top Go down

Post by namey on Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:50 am

Christine leads Joyce upstairs and to their room. It was plenty big, with room enough for the whole crew, but it was just for them. "Well, here we are." she says as she points over at two bed areas "Those are my and Camlo's beds, so just grab any other bed and crash down." she says.

Joyce nods "Thanks." she says as she wanders over to a bed, unzips her bag and dumps out a bunch of weapons (like holy water, knives, stop watches, ect.). She also dumps out a few changes of clothing as well. Then she stuffs everything into a foot locker and turns to Christine and Camlo "So, where do the others sleep?' she asks.
namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:52 am

"Torin sleeps in a room just across the hall, Harlan, Shadow and Abraxus have their own rooms not that far across each other." Camlo said. "If you don't mind me asking, what can you do with your own gifts?"

Back to top Go down

Post by namey on Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:36 pm

Joyce chuckles lightly "Oh, well. You see, a fully trained Belmont is truly a force to behold, I'm still in training." she says with a light laugh "As for what I, personally, can bring. Well, I can empower my weapons with my natural element. I have a ton of weapons and most importantly I have my skills and my DSS cards." she says "So, all that aside, where can a girl go to have a good time around here?" she asks.
namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top