The Search is Over

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Search is Over

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:35 am

Oh..god damn it.

He really didn't want Christine here for multiple reasons he and Abraxus had discussed, but then fate seemed to have thrown the book at them and here she was.

Back to top Go down

Post by namey on Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:44 am

Harlan smiles at her "Hey there." he says "What brings you here?" he asks. He seemed happy that she was around, despite everyone else not wanting her here.

She shakes her head "I needed to get away from a stressful situation before it reached it's boiling point." she says "I just need a place to stay for the time being and if not, then I'll be on my way." she explains.

Harlan nods "Okay. Let me check with Torin and Abraxus." he says as he walks over to them "What do ya say, chaps, can she stay?" he asks.

Abraxus didn't have anything personally against Christine, he just sees her as a big threat and though he wasn't on the same page as Torin about it being fate, he would rather have a potential threat Here, where she can be watched, then out there. He nods "If she can keep her temper in check and follow our rules, then she may stay." he says.

Harlan looks over to Torin "And you, mate, what do you say about her staying on?" he asks.
namey
Admin

View user profile http://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:55 am

Torin still didn't want her here, but he was also thinking along the lines of Abraxus after a bit. "I don't mind her joining." Though he wondered what Camlo and Shadow would think..okay not Shadow. He was going to be the most vocal about it.

Whatever will be, will be I guess.

Back to top Go down

Post by namey on Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:17 am

Harlan nods "Thanks mates!" he says as he walks back over to Christine. He seemed happy that they allowed her to stay "It's alright. You can stay." he says.

Christine smiles "Thank you guys. I'll try not to get in your way." she says. Looking over to Harlan "I'm sorry I hadn't been writing you. Thinks were getting hecktic at the shop." she says.

Shadow was there, arms folded, glaring at Christine. He walks over to Abraxus and Torin "If anything happens because of her..." he starts "It's on you two and I'll do whatever it takes to stop her." he says in a low tone, then walks off.

Sighing, he looks at Torin "Would you get Camlo? I'll get Harlan when he gets Christine settled. I think we should have a talk with them about what the Council told us." he says.
namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:36 am

Torin nodded to that. "I'll be right back." Shadow wasn't too happy but he was expecting that pretty much. He wondered how'd he react when it was actually the Hunter Council's idea in the first place to get Christine on board.

Upstairs, Camlo was writing something down. Torin hadn't been sure if she was up there or not, because other times she was at her own place. "Torin? Can I help you?"

"Christine is back. She'll be joining us..there's been a change. But there's more to talk about."

The Heartless seemed a bit surprised, but nodded standing up. "All right. I can finish this up later." She folded her book away, which ever it was then proceeded to follow Torin back down stairs.

Back to top Go down

Post by namey on Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:03 pm

Abraxus was waiting for Harlan to finish showing Christine where she would be staying while she was with them. The half devil walks over to Harlan "Hey. We need to talk." he says to him.

Harlan nods "Sure thing, mate." he says as he follows Abraxus. He had a feeling this was about Christine, though, he wasn't sure what about.

Abraxus finds Torin and Camlo and takes them all to a place where there were no cameras. He looks at them, studying their faces and the emotions they carried. "Okay, as you know it was decided that Christine was too much of a threat to us and others because of her temper and she wasn't allowed to join." he recaps.

Harlan nods "Yeah, I remember I was the only one who was all for it. Just so you all know, I've keeping her up to date since then and she hasn't lost her willingness to want to help others." he explains, frowning, still upset they turned her down.

Abraxus didn't seem to hear much of what Harlan said, knowing it was aimed at them to make them feel bad for turning down a former friend. "Well, the Hunter's Council has decided that, if she's interested, we're to allow Christine to join our Cell as our new healer." he explains.

He moves closer to the others "However, they expressed concerns about her temper..." he says in a low tone "If she loses her temper or becomes a danger to the safety of innocent people, we three, are authorized to use our transformations to subdue her. Any way we can." he finishes in a the same low tone.
namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:54 pm

Camlo listened to this patiently and sighed. "I do hope it does not come to that, but noted. If nothing else, maybe being around friends will ease her temper a bit. I don't really recall it being all that bad during our journey together." She more pointed out. "There's a healer with Christine, for now. Has there been anything about a replacement for Sonic?"

Back to top Go down

Post by namey on Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:27 pm

Abraxus shakes his head "No, but I hadn't made any calls yet. I have some friends out there who owe he a solid, so I think it might be time to cash in." he says.

Harlan couldn't believe what he was hearing "You are all unreal." he says "This isn't some reformed villain placed in our charge for observations of relapse." he says, frowning "This is Christine. A Friend of ours." he points out "Oh sure they say she's got a bad temper, but then who Hasn't popped off fro time to time?" he asks.

Abraxus looks over to him "She leveled a city block and has shown violent tendencies on more then one occasion." he points out.

Harlan shakes his head "She told us what she was going to do and had us evacuate everyone from that block. She destroyed that section of the city to stop an overpowering enemy of ours." he states, referring to Mecha Sonic "And as for her temper, both times was reported to involve her brother, who had toyed with her mind like it was his play thing." he points out himself "How's that Any different from when I transformed and attacked everyone? I wasn't in control of my actions and wasn't held accountable, and neither should she." he says in a dead serious tone.

Abraxus shakes his head "When she started chucking Cars at a predetermined target, that showed that she was, indeed, in control of her actions and was intentionally lashing out at her brother trying to cause him harm, regardless of the consequences of her actions." he says "In Your case, I was told that you were attacking Everything around you, showing that you Weren't in control of your actions, but were acting on the instinct to destroy perceived threats." he explains "And that's how the Hunter's Council sees it too." he finishes.

Harlan shakes his head "Maybe Sonic was right to leave..." he says as he turns from the group "He probably started seeing the writing on the wall much sooner then any of us." he mumbles as he wanders off.
namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:31 pm

Camlo knew Harlan had a point and she actually agreed with him. She did think Christine had a temper, but she did the council was over exaggerating a bit, though it was being cautious. But other then that...

"Hm.."
She decided to wander off herself to think. However before Harlan went off completely she went to catch Harlan. "If you don't know already, I actually agree with you." Camlo left it at that, she just wanted it to be made clear was all. She hadn't said anything because again, Camlo was thinking. Slowly putting things together and then she'd make a move. It was how she usually worked.

Back to top Go down

Post by namey on Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:08 pm

Harlan was glad that someone agreed with him about Christine. He knew he shouldn't tell her about what was said, of course, but still. To treat her like this was only asking for trouble.

Abraxus sighs "That could have gone better..." he mumbles as he looks over to Torin "I'm going to make my calls." he says "Let me know if anything unexpected happens." he says as he starts off.

Abraxus walks out of the storage room, only to encounter Shadow "You know if Christine does go off the wall, things will only get messy with you and Harlan using your transformations." he points out.

Abraxus frowns "How the hell did you know about what we were talking about?" he asks in a low tone.

Shadow folds his arms with a 'HUMPH!' "When I seen there weren't any cameras in the storage room, I put some mics in there, just incase." he says, as a matter of fact.

Abraxus nods "I knew there was a reason I made you incharge of our security." he mumbles "So why would things her messy if we try to stop Christine?" he asks.

Shadow almost had to resist the urge to roll his eyes "Mainly because you and Harlan will go berserk, leaving only Camlo to stop all three and she's not nearly strong enough for that." he says in a low tone "And once you're through with her, you two will turn on the city and Christine will go straight for the Hunters." he points out.

Abraxus folds his arms "So, what do you suggest I do if that situation should arise?" he asks.

Shadow shakes his head "If Christine loses it, me and Camlo will take of it and you and Harlan are to Stay out of it." he states "We can handle it." he says, then he turns and heads back to his security office.

Abraxus sighs, shaking his head as he heads to his room, pulling out his phone "Hey, it's me." he says "I need a replacement for my Cell. A temp, maybe." he says "Nothing permanent for the moment. Anything you can give me would be great." he mumbles.
namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:20 am

Camlo was quite for a moment, then. "What do you plan on doing now?" She didn't have any plans at the moment and she didn't mind Christine being here. They had never really gotten too close like with Nicole, mainly because comparatively, they had barely spend any time with each other at all.

As for Torin, he more or less did his own thing at the moment. He was thinking of going out soon, but where he wasn't sure. Though he wondered why he was one of the few people that didn't have a super form..or was strong enough to help.

Back to top Go down

Post by namey on Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:30 pm

Before anyone could do anything, Shadow comes out of his office "Where's Abraxus?" he asks, holding a cell phone.

Abraxus was Just walking down the stairs "I'm right here." he says "What's up?" he asks.

Shadow didn't answer, instead he tosses the phone to Abraxus, who catches it and gives it a quick looking over.

He looks to Shadow "You're with me.." he says, looking to Torin "Get Christine. You two are also coming with." he says, then looks to Camlo "You and Harlan stay here and keep an eye out." he says.

Christine comes walking down, having gotten herself settled in "What's going on?" she asks, hearing the excitement in the air.

Harlan shrugs as Abraxus turns to her "Time to work. Another Hunter Cell's called for aid." he says "Someone's attacked their safehouse and they've suffered massive casualties." he explains "We'll need your skills as a healer." he says, looking from Shadow to Torin, then to Christine "Lets move!" he says as he grabs his jacket and sword.
namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:13 pm

Camlo didn't like the idea of staying behind while everyone else went out. It sounded like heavy fighting was or had taken place. But she understood. "All right."

Torin was already ready to go without a word. He didn't summon his weapon but he would when and if the time was right. If there was even still fighting going on that is, which he guessed if they were asking for more then just a healer.

Back to top Go down

Post by namey on Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:46 am

Once they set out, it didn't take them long to get to the sight of the other safehouse in question. It looked like something heavy happened, but it was too quiet for the sight of an attack.

Abraxus looks around, then to Torin "It's too quiet here..." he mumbles "I'm gonna scout ahead. Keep on guard." he says in a low tone as he slips into the shadows.

He creeps along, using an emergancy exit to slip in. He could feel movement on the inside and hear foot steps. He pulls out his phone as me moves, ducking through the shadows, using the darkness as his ally. He finds the main body of the group and quickly taps his phone, sending a message to Torin.

"I found the enemy. They plan to ambush us. There's about twelve in all. Use the emergancy exit. Becareful, they have hostages as well. the message read, then another message arrives...

Back at the safehouse, Harlan was putting his mind at ease by reading. He knew they could handle themselves if things got out of hand. A loud, hard BANG! hits their renforced front door! Harlan was instantly on his feet "What the bloody hell was that?" he asks as it hits again, buckling the door slightly.

"Call the safehouse and warn them an attack may be imminent. Abraxus' last message read.
namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:53 pm

Torin summoned his keyblade after getting the message, giving the others a heads up of what the text said. "Be careful and keep your eyes open." Though with Shadow and his Chaos Control, the hostage situation should hopefully but not Nearly as much of a pain.

Camlo was up instantly, the scythe coming out before the metal blade popped up out from tapping the ground with a audible click.

"Looks like we have company."

Back to top Go down

Post by namey on Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:41 pm

Shadow frowns "If they have hostages, then I alone should go in." he says "I'm smaller then any of you and with my Chaos Control, I can neutralize a potentially dangerous situation before it can get out of hand." he says in a low tone.

Christine thought about arguing that Camlo can open portals and she can teleport. But in truth, almost everything Shadow said, made sense, except for one thing "Instead of going in alone, why not wait for the rest of us to get into position to stage our Own ambush, then when you rescue the hostages, we strike all at once?" she asks in the same low tone "You know, since Abraxus is already in there..." she adds.

As the hammering continues to get louder, Harlan holds his hand out as energy forms and takes shape of his Darkness Keyblade "I had hoped not to use this for a while longer." he says as the hammering suddenly stops "What th..." he trails off "Bloody hell! The window!" he says as something big smashes through one of the windows!
namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:41 am

Torin thought about it, it did make some sense. "We'll, that does sound reasonbale to me. Give us one more advantage."

Figures...

Camlo was wondering what exactly who or what they'd be fighting and if they were the same thing that had attacked that other hunter cell. "If things get too hectic, I could get us out of here. Or I could get us out of here now." She knew Harlan wanted to avoid using the keyblade as much as possible, for obvious reasons.

Back to top Go down

Post by namey on Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:15 am

Shadow looked like he would argue, but he was smart enough to know when to put his pride on hold. Especially when there were lives on the line.

Plus, Torin agreed with Christine and since he was one of the leaders, Shadow would go along with some of what Christine said "One exception; You stay out here. I'll bring the hostages to her." he says "You are a Healer, unless it's to protect yourself or those under your care, you are Non-combative." he points out.

Christine was going to argue the case that if one of them got hurt, they would need her there. But she just noded. She was gonna suggest that they teleport in at once, take them by suprise, then Shadow could get the hostages to her and she teleport out while they take it to the baddies "We had better let Abraxus know of our plan." she says in a somber tone.

The thing that smashed into the safehouse looked like somekinda cyborge monster. It had four metal pods on it's back that Harlan guessed held somekind robotic minion and he was right as they slid open and four-legged cyber-spiders come crawling out!

Someone else comes jumping down from the broken window "Well, hello beautiful." he says as he spies Camlo "I would have liked to have gotten to know you better, but I'm afraid you need to die now." he says in a casual tone as a flamming sword appears in one hand and an ice sword appears in the other.

Harlan frowns, he normally didn't like looking for a fight with an unknown enemy, but there was just Something about that guy he imstantly didn't like "You wouldn't mind if I take that creep on, would ya love?" he asks in a low tone.
namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:03 am

(Flaming fire sword, a ice sword attacking hunters. It's the same dude from Espen's meeting isn't it?)

Torin nodded a bit to that and sent a message to Abraxus so he got the memo, that way they could get a move on. The longer they waited the better, though he wondered if they were the only hunter cell that had been called in for this or not.

Camlo wasn't sure why but Harlan saying that made her happy but she'd anaylze that later. He could handle himself, besides someone had to focus on the strange other mechanical things. She had no clue what they were or what they were capable of so she had to be careful.

"Go ahead. I'll handle the others." She turned the nearest approaching 'metal spider'. Camlo channeled her dark around around her scythe for melee as she brought in quick and fast in a arc; attempting to cleave at least two in half or least damage them in a important way. The bigger one was probably more of a threat, but if so she needed to take care of the distractions first.

Back to top Go down

Post by namey on Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:29 pm

ooc: No. It's not him, just another member of his race.

Abraxus sent an acknowledgement that he would wait until everyone was in place. If it worked and they got everyone out safely, he would have to give them credit where it's due.

Shadow crawls in and has no trouble finding where Abraxus and the hostages were. He had Torin go mid way between where he was and where Abraxus was. They would catch them in a crossfire. Shadow made sure they were in the line of sight to eachother as he holds three fingers up, then two and finally one...

Harlan knew the odds were against him when he seen his foe had two blades. But Harlan was no slouch when it came to swords either. Plus, now that he was holding his darkness keyblade, the first time in over a year, he could feel it's dark energy flowing through him, like an old friend waiting. He smiles.

Camlo's attack hit dead on and sliced the bot in half as the others swarm towards her. Afew seconds later, the one she destroyed started to pull it's self back together! The golem starts lumbering towards Camlo, not content with staying out of the fight.
namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:04 pm

Torin tensed up and waited, concentrating so Event Focus was fully in play. He wasn't sure what his current upper limit to it was, as far as things he could do but it was like a muscle. The more he built it up, the better it got it seemed.

Camlo didn't visibly react to the enemy pulling itself back together, but she wondered if lesser enemies required the bigger one to function. One way to test that theory.

She suddenly vanished, appearing behind the golem just a bit above them as she brought the blade down once again downard in a arc to try to cleave it in two. If it worked and it pulled itself back together she was going have to try something else. She didn't have anything that could completely destroy things though so that would spell trouble.

Back to top Go down

Post by namey on Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:58 am

Since Torin hadn't been upgrading his suit he got from Lee and Dino, his Event Focus was still beginner level. But then, they had the element of surprise and chances were good, he wouldn't need it.

Shadow stands up "Chaos Control." he says in a an even tone and Everything suddenly turns a shade of gray and just Freezes. He jumps down, skates over to the hostages. One male and two females. One looks in bad shape. He picks them up, all three of them, and skates out to Christine.

When he gets to Christine, he sets the three down and goes to rejoin the mess inside. Once there, he drops the Chaos Control and all Hell breaks out!

"What the Hell? Where did the hostages go?" one calls "It's an ambu-" was as far as another got before Abraxus took him down "KILL THEM ALL!!" bellows the leader of this small group.

Camlo's plan would have worked, if her weapons didn't hit an electric shield that sent a shock into her when contact was made. It seems the people who made this thing considered those who would try and exploit the golem's size and slow speed.

Harlan was really showing off his skills as he was able to hold his own against an opponent who had the advantage over him. That Was, until, said opponent fired an ice blast from his ice sword and sent Harlan flying back, smashing into a book shelf. He gets to his feet "So...That's how you want to play it, huh?" he says in a low tone as his hand glows with dark energy.
namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:42 pm

Torin didn't know how many they were, or how strong they were but decided to quickly focus on who ever was closes.

Camlo grunted, ignoring the pain the best she could before getting a idea of sorts. So when she was on her feet again she was waiting for the lumbering giant and the smaller spider ones to come closer to her. At the last possible second when they took a swipe at her she'd open up a portal for them to fall through and put them on some useless or dangerous area she had been too before.

Back to top Go down

Post by namey on Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:52 pm

With the exception of one, all the rouge hunters were human and there was two close to Torin. They were currently focused on Abraxus and Shadow, who were doing the most damage and gaining the most attention from the baddies, allowing Torin to do his thing, but remain unseen by the rest.

The lumbering giant wasn't doing any attacking, rather, it was sending it's spider-bots at Camlo. Harlan was doing better then expected as he used his dark energy.

He hits his enemy with a dark blast, which he tried to block, in vain. Harlan moves close to Camlo "If he has a shield, use the one thing that you know can get past it." he says, referring to the spider-bots "Those are your weapon." he says as he sees his foe getting back up "Time to work." he says as he moves back to re-engage.
namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:13 pm

Torin decided to focus on the ones closes, questions could wait until later. While distracted, and Event Focus still in play her charged the nearest enemy and used the blunt end to knock them out in the back of the head unawares.

Use them against him?

Camlo had a few ideas what he meant, but wasn't completely sure so it would be time to experiment. When the spider-bots got close, she side stepped, her weapon coming to bare in a arc. It was designed not to as much slice them in half(though it wouldn't harm things if it did) but actually knock them against the lumbering machine.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top