Can't Fight Fate

2 posters

Page 14 of 16 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Go down

Can't Fight Fate - Page 14 Empty Re: Can't Fight Fate

Post by Sion Reaver Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:38 pm

Torin laughed, bitterly clapping. "Wonderful, wonderful. It seems the Hunter organization have finally completely lost their collective damned minds. First off, Sonic didn't just run off he peacefully resgined because he felt uncomfortable in the direction some things were going.." His gaze looked around. "..Seems he was right."

He crossed his arms. "It'll start like this. A compromise, we do something and then the demands will grow. Pretty soon one day we'll be stabbing certain non human children in the back because they can't be properly controlled, thus too dangerous. You may laugh at that now, but trust me, trust me it'll come. And it'll be because people don't see this for what it is: A power play. One for the sheep to follow the 'I was just following orders' brigade. Same shit, different story. History repeats itself."

"..Malcav wants to know will be down for his direction, and who will be purged.." Camlo mumbled.

Torin nodded. "Exactly. I mean, come on. We both know things are getting messed up, the balance is off and you don't stop to pause? Either way, if it comes to Sonic, count me out."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:08 pm

Shadow glares at them "Save your speeches! I know what's on! I'm not blind, you know. I've seen first hand where this sort of leadership leads!" he shoots back.

Christine waves a hand "Everyone calm down. Biting each other's heads off over something that's not in our control doesn't help anyone. Okay, it's a raw deal for Sonic, but the most we can do is make sure he's-"

Mad slams a fist on the table, loudly, interrupting Christine "Disloyalty can Not go unpunished!" he almost roars. This was surprising, seeing as how he's always been a quite person.

Shadow nods "In a manner of speaking. I shall go after Sonic. We've been rivals for a long time. I owe it to him to be the one to end our rivalry." he says in a low tone.

Abraxus felt a headache fast approaching "I'll go check out the vigilantes and see what's going on with them." he mumbles.

Christine jumps up "I'll go with you!" she says "If they become a threat, you might need some extra muscle!" she says.

Ciel nods "I think, I think I might want to join as well." she says, not making Any kind of eye contact with Abraxus.

Harlan nods "I guess that leaves Cedrick to us, eh buddy?" he says nudging Torin "It'll be a good chance to put that training to use." he points out.

Daniel heaves a sigh "I guess I'll be joining you in the hunt for Darkside." he grumbles.
Namey
Namey
Admin

https://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:17 pm

Apparently you don't because you're still going through with it..

Torin said nothing on it, but he was disgusted. Was this what he had joined for? He had wanted to help and protect people, not be some hired thugs. It looked like Sonic had the right idea after all resigning. What kind of mafia was he in when you couldn't Willingly resign? If Sonic was smart he'd stay out of this mess of a planet.

"I guess." Torin mumbled, not in a good mood.

If push comes to shove, he'd be out of here himself if the leadership and such got even worse then what it had.

"I'll with you as well." Camlo said simply, keeping her thoughts to herself.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:44 pm

Joyce sighs "So...I guess me and Mad are going to hold down the fort?" she asks. She was okay with that too. As long as they were still suspended, Abraxus's orders didn't mean anything to them.

He sighs "Yeah. You two are back on active. Keep a close eye on things. The last time we headed out on a mission, the base was attacked." he says, mainly for Mad's benefit.

Mad simply nods. He was silent once more as he turned his burning eyes towards everyone, but lingering on Daniel for a bit linger "Yay!" Joyce says very unenthusiastically "If we're dismissed, I'm going to head back upstairs and get my stuff ready." she mumbles.

Christine shrugs "I'm ready to head on out whenever you two are." she says. She really didn't need much in the way of gear, since she made her own weapons.

Ciel nods "I'm also ready. I shall do my best!" she says enthusiastically. Almost the opposite of Joyce.

Abraxus nods "Okay then. I guess we'll be heading out. Good luck on all of your missions." he says to his team as he, Christine and Ciel start out.

Harlan looks to Torin and Camlo "I don't think we should head off just yet. Not until we have more info about Cedrick's whereabouts." he says. This gave him and Torin more time to train and they would need to train hard this time!
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:03 am

Torin nodded slowly. "Fair enough I guess, but after I want us three to talk in private." He had a bad feeling about all this, this new direction, the orders and everything else.

He wanted to believe in Shadow though, he was many things but he was no one's lapdog. So he could hope that while he may have changed in some ways, in other ways he'd remain the same. He'd do the right thing if he met Sonic..he hoped.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:18 am

Daniel eyes Torin "If it's about how to take down Darkside, I think I should be in this meeting." he says, glaring at Torin.

Harlan shakes his head "No. We're not even going to worry about Cedrick until we have confirmation on her location, they we'll freak out about how to handle her." he says as he ushers Torin and Camlo to the dungeon.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:21 am

Torin shook his head. "No. It's personal between friends, it has nothing to do with Cedrick." Cedrick was honestly the last thing he was worried about right now.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:35 am

Once they were in the dungeon, Harlan looks to Torin "So, what's up, mate? I know this has something to do with the Hunter's Council deciding to go after Sonic, right?" he asks "You ain't thinkin about doing what Sonic did, are you?" he asks.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:45 am

Torin sighed a bit. "No. But If things get worse and we start offing or hurting innoncent people under orders, then yes. Harlan, what the hell does it say about a organization when you can't peacefully resign and let the people know ahead of time? Hell, even stuf like the CIA lets you quit if you want as long as you aren't stupid and babbling secrets. If Christine hadn't come back earlier, She might have been a target as well." Torin pointed out. "We were Keybladers before we were Hunters. Shadow was a hero before he was one and so on, but it seems in a way we forgot that."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:05 am

Harlan frowns "I hear you. I don't think they would do anything against Christine, though. They need all the info on Mystics that they can get and short of dissecting her, keeping a close eye on her is the next best thing." he says in a low tone.

"Which is...Exactly what they...are doing..." Mad says in a low snarl as his eyes start burning in the darkness "That is...what Daniel and Ciel...are Really doing here..." he growls.

Harlan was thinking "That's why you interrupted her. She was going to say that we make sure Sonic was never found and then Daniel or Ciel would have reported her and that would have stirred up trouble." he says, more to himself then any of the other.

Mad nods "And why...I'm guessing...Shadow volunteered...to find Sonic..." he growls "Because...if any other Hunters...find Sonic...Shadow will Handle them..." he snarls.

Harlan nods slowly "Well, it looks like I have something new to research. About how to expel the current Hunter's Council without sparking a war." he says.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:10 am

Camlo nodded, turning to Torin. "That's why I said nothing. Torin, you have to have a bit more faith in your friends. Do any of them seem like mindless lapdogs that would just do something they know is wrong simply because the council says so?"

Torin rubbed the back of his head. "..I guess I did jump the gun a bit.." He kinda felt like a dick now.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:22 am

"Chances are good that the Council ordered Abraxus to take in Ciel and Daniel after he suspended you and Joyce." Harlan says "And for Just this reason. To, I'm guessing, measure the loyalty of this Cell." he speculates.

Madd nods slowly "Think about it...We've become...a threat to them..." he growls "All the power...is in this Cell." he points out.

Harlan nods again "And they fear that we might stage a coup d'état, so they place their pawns in our Cell, just incase we get out of hand..." he says slowly. Then he looks to Torin and Camlo "Mates, I think we might be heading for trouble." he says.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:31 am

Camlo sighed a bit. "Just as well. Things had been too smoothly lately so something had to happen. If worse comes to worse and no peaceful solution can be found, what are we to do?"

"We'll..I guess we'd be in a civil war. More then that, it means we'll have to regroup and strike out on our own then." Torin didn't really like that idea either.

Wouldn't be a ironic twist of fate if their group ended up joining the supposed viglante group the council thought as a possible threat?
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:47 am

Mad flexes his clawed hand "We know...who is to blame...for everything going wrong..." he snarls "We...take him out!" he growls.

Harlan holds up a hand "Hold it. We only do that if all else fails and we have no other choice." he says, thinking along the same lines as Torin "I think, if we need to, we should contact Christine's dad." he says slowly.

He was sure they didn't know that Christine's dad was the leader of that vigilante group and it probably would be a good idea for them to know, just incase something happened to him, they had something to fall back on.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:55 am

Torin blinked. "Uh..sure. But why Christine's dad?" He wasn't sure what the big guy had to do with anything. Only thing he knew was the man was built like a rock. Literally.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:02 am

Now it was Harlan's turn to rub the back of his neck "Ah ha, well. The funny thing is, well, you see. Christine's dad is, uh, well, he's the...vigilante...leader..." he says the last part slowly. The lack of anything resembling surprise on Mad's face says that he probably knew this already.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:06 am

Camlo raised a brow to this. "Hm. It seems there's more to this Jack then I thought. Come to think of it, we really don't much about them besides..at least I don't."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:09 am

"Well, me and Christine have been talking about him for a bit and apparently he's a really powerful 'Super Hero' from a different dimension." he says "Not really sure how much of that is true, but she believe it." he shrugs.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:19 am

Torin shrugged. "After all the crap I've seen, honestly a super hero from somewhere else doesn't even hit a five on the strangeness radar anymore. It might of when I first started my journey."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:23 am

Harlan nods "Then we contact him. I know where he lives. I'll go visit them tomorrow. Christine will keep Abraxus off their trail until then." he says.

Mad snarls something "It is...not them...one should worry about..." he growls, looking back up the stairs.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:29 am

Torin nodded. "Agreed." He was going to say something more when Mad did his usual thing and pointed something out.

Camlo fornwed, wondering what he was talking about but looked in the general direction Mad was looking.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:00 am

Mad's burning eye were resting on one of the many pipes in the cellar, which was bent outwards, towards the group "A broken pipe?" Harlan, confused.

Mad's eyes started burning brighter "A listening pipe!" he hisses "Daniel!" he was suddenly gone in a blur of darkness!

A commotion could be heard on the other side of the pipe "If Daniel heard what we said, we're done for and so are our friends!" Harlan says as he summons his keyblade and charges upstairs as well.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:03 am

Torin cursed under his breath and rushed up stairs, as did Camlo. Of course something like that had to happen, he should have waited until they got into a more secure area before saying anything but considering, there was no guarntee's even then.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:00 pm

It was an intense scene upstairs as Daniel was using every metal object he could to attack Mad with! But the dark warrior was easily dodging everything Daniel threw at him and even the ones that hit, did little damage to Mad.

As Daniel was focused on the threat that was Mad Rad, Harlan fires a bolt of Dark Lightning at Daniel, which hits it's target dead on! Daniel lets out a pain filled yell and collapeses. Mad was suddenly all over him like a wild Zubat on a Pokemon trainer!

Harlan holds up a urgent hand "No, Mad! Wait!" he calls to the dark warrior, who had the look of murder in his burning, yellow/orange eyes. Mad breathing slows as he refocuses himself, then drops Daniel.

"What the Hell's going on here?" Shadow asks as he comes out of his office and sees the scene.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:31 pm

Torin turned to Shadow then back to the scene. "Me and the others were talking about the recent going ons with the council. Daniel was caught spying."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 16 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum