Lazy Days

Page 4 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Lazy Days

Post by namey on Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:27 pm

The phone makes a 'ZZZZZ!' sound and shakes a little bit, then a bolt of electricity shoots out of it! The energy hits the ground, then swiftly forms into Jack, as slight tendrils of electricity snake over his body for a few seconds. This was surprising to those who were around, which were some parents, students and afew teachers from the school of psychics. Jack raises a hand "Well good morning everyone!" he calls to them, like that was an everyday thing for him.
namey
Admin

View user profile http://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:25 am

Emanulle..was only mildly surprised after seeing all the tricks Jack seemed to be able to do, it was always something different but he kept close to the electricty thing. Luckily, considering where they were it Wouldn't surprise people As much. Emanulle wasn't sure if the feat could be replicated with a physic ability, but he wouldn't be surprised if it could considering the diverse nature of them.

"Hey Jack!" Michru greeted.

Slightly amused, Emanulle went over. "We really ought to stop meeting like this."

Back to top Go down

Post by namey on Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:55 pm

Judging from the shocked looks on the faces of not only the students, but the teachers and parents as well, chances were good that this was something new to them.

Jack smiles at Michru "Hey there, kiddo!" he says to the young girl, then looks to EmanulleĀ "Yeah. I would have brought the case with your new super suit in it, but I wasn't sure I could successfully convert it's matterĀ into a stable energy field for transfer." he says with a shrug "So, it's back at the shop." he says with a grin.
namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:11 pm

Emanulle turned to Michru, crouching down. "I'll see you when you get off school. Be good for me, okay?" Michru gave him a hug in response, and then he stood up to face Jack. "I'm ready."

Back to top Go down

Post by namey on Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:38 pm

Jack nods "Alright!" he says as he pats Emanulle on the back "Lets head on over to the shop. I got everything set up there." he says as he lifts into the air, waves to the astonished people below, then takes off towards the shop.
namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:11 pm

Emanulle decided to just walk there, not fly. Besides he really didn't want to go in his transformed state anyway. Besides he wanted to think. At the end of the day, feeling sorry for himself or wishing things had been different with Christine wasn't going to get him anywhere. Nor was it healthy. Just would try to have to move on, but a bit easier said then done. Emanulle wished there was a way to simply turn off your feelings for someone but that's now how things worked. And you wouldn't learn anything that way if it did.

What lesson was to be learned here, he didn't know. This was the second time something like this had happened. The first time had been with Michru's mother, being more or less just friends with her though he had wanted more then that. Michru was a striking resemblance to her mother, but made sense given that's where she got her Eldarian features anyway.

Then Michru's eventual to be father came along, and as the saying went, the rest is history. Emanulle had needed space after that, try as he might things wouldn't just go away on its own so he had distanced himself. A message here, a letter there. Though, he had been there at the wedding. It wasn't really in his nature to hold a grudge, he hadn't even then he had just needed time to recover.

Fast forward a few years, and then Michru bounced into his life seemingly out of thin air with her parents gone and no one else to care for her. She had been sent here because her parents had entrusted her to him in the event of their deaths. Emanulle wasn't sure what to think at the time, and though he had told himself at the time he was over it surge of repressed feelings had come back. But, at the end of the day like with most things his level-head go to the thinking. It wasn't Michru's fault she was a reminder of what could have been and she needed a home.

Ironically enough, when he listened to his normal rational side it turned out the be the best decision of his life. Emanulle was long over things far as that went by now, and he was glad he decided to adopt her.

Christine; it would take a bit of time but he'd get over it as well. That what if game was a pointless and fruitless exercise that did absolutely nothing. Whatever will be, will be. For now, he supposed maybe he should just focus on getting himself more together.

It didn't take him too long to reach his destination when it was said and done, he was curious what the suit would look like though.

Back to top Go down

Post by namey on Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:51 pm

When Emanulle got to the shop, Jack was waiting with his new uniform! Though, it was everything Manny had hoped it Wouldn't be. Colorful and tight looking.

Jack looked pleased with himself "Okay, this is just for starters, but it was the only U.M.F. uniform I could find." he says as he nods to the utility belt around it's waist "And that's the standard Omega Team utility belt." he says "Scanner, translator, field med kit, some M.R.E.s, handcuffs. To name a few." he says, smiling "So, what do ya think? Pretty smooth huh?" he asks.
namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:54 pm

Emanulle looked at the suit, then nodded. It wasn't what he expected but it wasn't bad. "I like it. Have you thought about how you're going to find people to recruit? It can't just be us two. We'll, I suppose it can but that seems too small."

Back to top Go down

Post by namey on Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:56 am

Jack nods "You're right. It really Can't be just us." he says "So for the time being, I've asked afew of my Omega Teammates if they could help out when we need them." he says.

He gets up and walks over to Emanulle, clapping him on the sholder "Let me worry about the big things, you just need to try on your new suit and see how it fits." he says with a smile.

Though he Sounded confident, he wasn't sure just how many people he could get to sign on with them. Not everyone was cut out to be a super hero. Hell, most of the people with special gifts are just trying to live normal lives. Something that'll forever be beyomd their grasp, so long as they have powers.
namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:50 pm

Emanulle nodded then went to go get dressed in one of the spare guest rooms. It was then he noticed Christine wasn't there but he wasn't too surprised about that. After that, he didn't have a clue what Jack had planned for the day, if anything.

Back to top Go down

Post by namey on Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:16 pm

Jack didn't really have anything planned for right now. He wanted atleast three people on their team before they did any super heroing. Sure they could handle things with just the two of them, but better safe then sorry.
namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:53 pm

It wasn't too long before Emanulle came back down, he wanted to ask Jack something. "I was just curious. If I wanted to, is there anything in your world that works as maybe a passive illusion or something or disguise? What I mean is, if I wanted to wear a different style of clothes but keep anyomous. Not that its needed right away but maybe something to think about. Are you anyomous back home or do people know you are?"

Back to top Go down

Post by namey on Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:00 pm

Jack nods "Yeah. There's afew ways for that." he says "You can get an image induser. It can change your likeness to whatever you want. But it's just a hologram." he says "And Oh yes. Everyone knows who the members of my team really are." he says with a smile "Our biggest backer decided to let Everyone know who it was that was saving the day from the Vindicator." he explains with a chuckle.
namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:25 pm

"I guess that makes sense."
Emanulle agreed. "Though its more I guess I don't care too much for the publicity of everything is all. I like it more low key. Anyway, do you have any plans today?"

Back to top Go down

Post by namey on Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:47 pm

Jack shakes his head "Public opinion is what we're trying to win here." he says "We want the people to feel safe when we're around. In and out of uniform." he explains "However, if you wish to keep your identity a secret, then I'll respect that wish." he assures. "And as for your question, I was planning on going out and looking for some new members.' he says.
namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:42 pm

"That makes sense. I guess I can do do that, and just have to deal with the publicity. If its all right with you, I'd like to come along in your search. I'm not doing anything otherwise."
Emanulle was thinking. "But weren't you worried about enemies taking advantage of knowing who you are by going after those close to you that are weaker? You did say your world is full of super villains and the like after all."

Back to top Go down

Post by namey on Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:38 pm

Jack nods "Of course I was worried. I was talked into leaving my family here because I was told it was safer then bringing them with me." he says "But I don't think we should be worrying about my world, so much about this one." he points out.
namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:41 pm

"That's what I meant." Emanulle said. "If we don't have some sort of indentity, it could lead to others being in danger." He pointed out. "You're strong. One of the strongest people I know and probably stronger then most here on earth, but who's to say even someone vastly weaker won't try to use someone against you? ..Or me." He mumbled. "That's why I think it might be smarter for a disguise. If nothing else, practical reasons. Besides people taking hostages, finding out where you work or live..you get the idea. I'm not sure how you handled it back home. We need to figure that out before anything else as well."

Back to top Go down

Post by namey on Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:56 am

Jack nods "I see what you're saying and like I said, if you wish to keep your identity a secret, then I'll respect that. Unlike you, my children are grown up and can more then take care of themselves." he points out "So I don't have as much to lose as you would if that were to happen." he says "And how we kept ourselves safe was because we lived in a high-tech mountain." he says off handedly.
namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:32 pm

Emanulle nodded, looking down at himself. "We'll, I'll go back into my street clothes for now until we get a disguise going."

He left, for about a minute or two before coming back in his normal clothes. "I'm ready to go when you are."

Back to top Go down

Post by namey on Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:12 pm

Jack shrugs "I have no reason for a disguise. All my kids are either grown up or 'out' of town for the moment." he says as he gets up "Lets get going." he says as he heads out.
namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:17 am

Emanulle meant just himself since Jack proved his point already, but left it alone. He didn't know how they were going to go about finding someone. People with powers on earth were hardly rare, but meant more of finding someone with the right mentality for it.

Back to top Go down

Post by namey on Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:25 pm

Jack had a few ideas on how he was going to get people to join their team, but it would take A lot of time and patience. He planned on doing something that no super hero had done before. Put an ad in the paper for people who believed themselves able to be a super hero!
namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:07 pm

"So do you have any ideas how to start?" Emanulle finally asked as they continued to walk to where ever.

Back to top Go down

Post by namey on Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:18 am

Jack nods "Yup. I'm going to put an ad in the paper and see what I get. Those whom we deem are super hero material we'll put them through a trial phase and if they pass, we'll train them...." he trails off, thinking "I'll have to make a training ground for everyone, won't I?" he mainly asks himself that.
namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top