Alone in the Cold. (Location Washington D.C.)

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Alone in the Cold. (Location Washington D.C.) Empty Alone in the Cold. (Location Washington D.C.)

Post by Exaultedsoulessone Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:29 pm

Tommy flipped through his magazine looking at the various naked women on the pages. Elisa looked over his shoulder. "Eww where is the hell did you find that?" Tommy shook his head "It was in the bottom drawer. I think it belongs to Davis." He turned the page and two of them were stuck together. Tommy turned his head "Oh God!" then he dropped the magazine into the waste basket. "I think I'm gonna puke." Elisa opened the door to the guard house as he ran around back. There he retched began to vomit. Elisa took the basket out to the dumpster and tossed it in. Basket and all. She looked back to Tommy who was standing up straight looking at the warehouses they were guarding for the night. She walked up. "Don't worry I tossed it basket and all." She slowed as he approached the man. "Tommy? What's wrong?" She reached for her sidearm. Pulling it out she held it at the ready.

Cautiously she approached her partner. "Hey-" He held up a hand shushing her. Then he pointed "Do you hear something?" Elisa paused for a moment and listened. The warehouses were constantly making a low drum of noises. They were in operation 24/7. The two listened for a few minutes and then a few minutes more. Tommy looked at his watch. "We got twenty minutes until rounds. We'll see what's up then. Check the cameras." He looked at her sidearm "And put that away."

Elisa went back to the guard house to check the cameras. She looked at the monitors studying them for a few minutes and shaking her head as Tommy came back into the guard house. "He nodded. Okay, it must have been my imagination." He sat down and started on his paper work. Soon twenty minutes had passed and the Tommy got up and went to the golf cart. Elisa kept an eye on the monitors out of the corner of her eye as she flipped through her own magazine. Rounds usually took around thirty minutes. So she had time to catch up on some reading.

She finished three articles and looked at the clock. It was 1:45 am. Tommy was fifteen minutes late for check in. Elisa shook her head "Probably playin with his dick somewhere." Grabbing a radio she keyed the mic "Hey Tommy. Put it back in your pants and..." She trailed off as she heard something outside. It was her own voice. She keyed again "Tommy?" there was a distant "Tommy?" a half second later. For the second time tonight Elisa drew her weapon. She thumbed on the flashlight mounted to her weapon. Moving slowly towards the door she reached out and turned the handle and pushed the door open.

Elisa moved towards where she heard her voice. She saw the radio. It was there by the golf cart. The cart was still parked. She could see the back part of it in the lean-to. Moving closer her sweat started to turn cold. She turned the corner and saw Tommy. He was on the ground propped up against the driver side of the cart. He looked pale. His eyes turned towards Elisa and he opened his mouth. No sound came out. Elisa quickly holstered her side arm and moved to his side "TOMMY! What happened!?" She gave him a quick once over. She didn't see any wounds so she reached over grabbing his arm to pull him up. His eyes grew wide and his mouth opened in a silent scream. From mid chest all the way down through his crotch his body split open. Blood sprayed covering Elisa and his entrails fell to the ground. His pain didn't last much longer. Tommy's body lay there in a puddle of himself. Elisa looked to where he was against the cart. There was a thin sheet of glass that was covered in blood. Looking closer she noticed that it wasn't glass at all. It was Ice.

Looking from the cart to the remains of Tommy she took a step back. Her hands were shaking and her breathing was rapid. She then fumbled for her cell phone to call it in. Her hands were slick with blood and she dropped it. The phone landed and the back cover popped off. The battery skittered under the cart. She wasn't going back in there. She looked to Tommy again. His eyes were locked on her. His dead eyes. Then she noticed that they weren't looking at her. Just behind her. Quickly reaching for her fire arm she twisted her body as she drew. Dropping low the light still on.

Nothing. There wasn't anyone there. Then it hit her. There was a phone inside! Elisa kept her weapon out going towards the guard house. Turning one last time to look at Tommy there was a flash out of the corner of her eye. Looking she trained her weapon on it. It was a man. HE was walking towards her. He was dressed in a strange blue and black garb. One eye glowed and ice blue and the other a menacing red. Slowly he stalked towards the guard house. Elisa kept her weapon in the man "H-hold it right there! Don't m-move!" The man continued to was towards her. Elisa swallowed thickly and squeezed the trigger. A loud "POP" emitted from the pistol and instinctively she blinked. The man was no longer there. Did she hit him? She didn't want to take that chance. Turning she moved towards the guard house when suddenly she was blocked by a muscular chest. The man who she now saw was wearing a mask that covered the lower part of his face was looking down on her.

The man held up a metal hand and in it was what looked like a lighter. He flipped the top and pressed a button. Elisa could hear muffled explosions from within the warehouses. Then suddenly they all exploded outwardly. The shock wave hit them a moment later and Elisa was thrust into her assailant. He didn't budge. He simply dropped the detonator and looked at her. His show white hair blowing in the heat waves that came from her former place of employ. He stared at her for a few moments. As if looking into her. Elisa heard something from behind her and she looked. There was another man walking towards them. This was was different. His movements were stiff. Deliberate. Almost as if he were injured. "Run." She heard from behind her. When she looked the man in blue was gone.

Elisa turned back towards the injured man "Sir! Are you okay!?" She shouted to cover the distance. There was some kind of electronic sound. Then another one. The man stopped and straightened. Now she could see the profile. Shadowed by the inferno behind it. She could see by it's proportions that it wasn't human. It wade another warbling electronic sound and there was a glow in it's chest region. Some kind of green net was coming towards her. Elisa back peddled and then leaped to her right. The net slammed into the cart and seemed to sizzle. She scrambled towards the guard house and was pulled back and slammed against the entry pole. All the breath left her as she doubled over. There was another one of those inhuman warbles and then she could feel the ground being taken from her.

She slammed against the side of the guard house and fell on her side. She coughed and blood came up. Opening her eyes she saw this green robot rushing towards her. Elisa tried to scramble to her feet but she had no where to go. She screamed and the creature closed on her. It raised it's arm and something shot out of it. Pulling her arms to protect her face she cried out. Then... nothing. There was the sound of metal on metal but that was it. Elisa peeked over her arms and saw metal. But, in the shape of an arm. The man in blue was crouched to her left, arm outstretched to block the projectile. The mis matched eyes looked towards her.

"I told you to run." Then without a word he deflected another shot and another. Until the two Kombatants were face to face. Hydro unleashed a combination of moves at the cyberninja. Each connecting and dealing devastating damage. Finishing off his combo he pulled back his right arm, ducking low as the cyborg threw a haymaker. Then he brought his fist up and under the chin of his opponent delivering a powerful uppercut. Black fluid flew in every direction from the impact and the cyborg landed on the ground several feet away. Slowly it pulled itself to its feet. There it wobbled a bit back and forth. Hydro ran towards it and grabbed its face. He pulled once upwards. He could hear servos breaking. The he pulled again. More servos and some organic parts seemed to give way. He pulled a third time. This time everything gave. Servos, tendons, muscles and synthetic tissue came out. Pulling the head up and away from the cyborgs body the blood sprayed from the now decapitated husk.

The Cyberninja dropped to its knees and then toppled over. Hydro stood there. His victims black blood seeping into the fabric of his clothes. He held the head and spine of the other Kombatant for a moment. Then he dropped it. "Fatality." He muttered under his breath. With his other hand he flexed his fingers and the air around him grew cold. In contrast to the heated air about the area a slow mist rose and engulfed the ninja. As another breeze swept through the area it dissipated the cloud of vapor and the ninja was gone.

Elisa's eyes were wide with shock. She had no idea what she just witnessed. Then she shook her head. "Fuck this! I quit!!"
Exaultedsoulessone
Exaultedsoulessone

Back to top Go down

Alone in the Cold. (Location Washington D.C.) Empty Re: Alone in the Cold. (Location Washington D.C.)

Post by Namey Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:57 pm

After the emergency crews out out the fire, a cloud of smoke drifted off, away from the scene and starts to form into a person and within seconds, a Man in a tattered ninja outfit was standing there!

Smoke shakes his head You really out did yourself this time, Hydro..." he mumbles "It won't be long before the Lin Kuei send a team to investigate what happened here." he says, speaking to no one, it seemed.
Namey
Namey
Admin

https://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Alone in the Cold. (Location Washington D.C.) Empty Re: Alone in the Cold. (Location Washington D.C.)

Post by Exaultedsoulessone Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:37 am

Hydro moved out of the shadows and stood next to Smoke. He was checking his arm and running an internal diagnostic on his eye. "Eh, let them come. That was the point." He let his arm drop. "We just need one of their command units so we can get the access codes from the neural net." servos and micro gears whirred and clicked in his arm. He looked to Smoke and his mask parted in the middle. The two halves slid to the side revealing his face. From his lower left eye down was a long jagged scar. He looking out towards the inferno he took a quick glance at Smoke. "You hear anything from the Master?"
Exaultedsoulessone
Exaultedsoulessone

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:40 am

Smoke shakes his head "No. After that alien invasion, I had lost track of his movements." he says as he keeps an eye on what's left of the warehouse that got destroyed "However, I'm sure he'll find us when he needs us." he says.

He turns towards Hydro and pulls out a picture of a ninja dressed like them, but in all red. His eyes were, from what the camera was able to capture, white, or milky "I'm trying to track down a person of interest. He goes by the name Inferno. He's very elusive, but I got word he has a sister..." he pulls out another picture of a young woman "I find her, I can find him." he says.

"I know you have your own mission, but if you see her, I would appreciate it if you let me know. Her last known location is on the back." he says as he hands the picture over "I'll keep an ear out for any Lin Kuei safehouses... In fact, I May have a lead on one, but I want to make sure before hand, so you don't waste your time."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Exaultedsoulessone Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:22 am

Hydro nodded. He took the picture and scanned it front and back then handed it back. She looked familiar though he couldn't place her. He knew her briefly from a long time ago. Seemed like a lifetime ago. "Inferno is the one who gave me this scar." He motioned to the one on his face. "He's much like Scorpion. From the same clan I believe. As for the female ninja, I'll keep an eye out for her. If we get separated you have my Global Comm Frequency." He watched and waited for his intended target to arrive.

Crossing his arms he cocked his head to one side. "Just send me the Location and I'll do some recon when I get back from checking the woman's last known." Hydro, through his cybernetic eye scanned the area for his intended target. "These gorilla tactics will work for the short term however we need to think about winning the war. We need those command codes."
Exaultedsoulessone
Exaultedsoulessone

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:46 pm

Smoke thinks for a bit "We both know that the only real way to win this battle, is for a new Grandmaster to lead the Lin Kuei." he points out "I can think of no better leader than Sub Zero, but like you pointed out, he's missing and for him to elude not one, but Three of us looking, makes me think that something has happened to him." he mumbles.

Both ninja had personal stakes in finding Sub Zero, and if he was nowhere to be found on Earth "After I check out the safehouse, I will be out of contact for a bit." Smoke says "If my friend is not on Earth, he could possibly be in Outworld. Or even Hyrule, Noreal, or Elysium and we don't have the resources to check all those places at once." je grumbles.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Exaultedsoulessone Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:37 pm

Hydro nodded. "We barely have enough to cover what we have in Earthrealm. All the Lin Kuei safe house locations were compromised when the Cyber Initiative hit. So we need to think outside the box. I'll see what I can dig up once I have those command codes. Let's just hope he wasn't captured. Sub Zero is more than just my Grandmaster as you know." He was worried about his uncle. Though there was no much he could do about it. Even with the command codes he only had a short window before the codes were rendered useless. So he would have to make the best of them while he had them. He would get the locations of the Cyber Forming Factories first and if there was time, search for any information on his uncle.
Exaultedsoulessone
Exaultedsoulessone

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:30 pm

Sub Zero was more than Smoke's Grandmaster as well. He was Smoke's good friend. And speaking of "Perhaps what we need, is some friends of our own." he says as he looks back over to Hydro "Are you still friends with that Black Dragon kid?" he asks. If Anyone would know where the Lin Kuei's cyberforming facilities were, it would be those who deal in blackmarket stuff.

"We might also want to see about getting in contact with someone from Shad." he says "Some of my contacts have told me that Shad has been in business with a man calling himself 'Bossman' and they have been working on their own cyber warriors. Might also be worth checking into."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Exaultedsoulessone Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:32 am

Hydro nodded. He hadn't talked to Torrin in years. Not since... He shook his head. With any luck he would still be able to get a hold of him. "I'll see what I can do about my contact in the B.D.S.. As for Shad I know someone who might be able to help there as well." He thought about it for a few moments. "If there anyone left in the White Lotus we may want to see about them too."

Hydro looked out on his latest work. "The fire's almost out. They should be sending someone here in an hour or so." He was pretty confident about getting in touch with his contact in Shad. He and Vicky had a healthy connection he liked to maintain. As for Torrin... He just had to roll the dice. "Rashi and Kiro may be able to help too. Searching in Outworld."
Exaultedsoulessone
Exaultedsoulessone

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:04 pm

Smoke shakes his head "Princess Rashi should be in New York at the Outworld embassy in her father's stead, while both King Goro and Prince Kiro are both in Outworld preparing for the next Mortal Kombat tournament, so we shouldn't count on any help from them." he explains.

Smoke thinks for a moment "However, I do believe Master Bo Rai Cho would be willing to help, provided I can properly motivate him." he says "So Shad will be your, I'll take Outworld, Elysium, since I've been there before, and Hyrule."

He looks back towards the warehouse "Will you be needing any help with whomever the Lin Kuei send to investigate? You know they'll be strong and they won't be alone." he points out, though he knew Hydro could handle himself.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Exaultedsoulessone Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:56 pm

Hydro took a moment to think about it. On one hand, it would be more advantageous to have another fighter there with him. Then again, on the other hand he was the same fighter he was before. He was more ruthless. Bordering on brutal. He was stronger than he once was. "I could indeed use a hand." He came to the conclusion that he wasn't going to let his efforts tonight go to waste. "We need those command codes. I'm not leaving it to chance."
Exaultedsoulessone
Exaultedsoulessone

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:55 am

Smoke nods "Once we have those codes, we need to find their main cyber facility and from there, we can use the codes to shut this new 'Cyber Lin Kuei' down." he says, with a clenched fist.

He looks over to Hydro "After that, we'll need someone to lead the clan until we can find Sub Zero. And I can think of no better person, than his nephew." he says, placing a hand on Hydro's shoulder.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Exaultedsoulessone Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:55 pm

Hydro gave his adopted uncle a smile accentuated by a nod. "I appreciate your confidence in me. If the clan accepts me as leader then I will do my best pro tem until my uncle is found." Something in the distance drew his attention. What looked like a newer model cargo van was headed towards the warehouse.

The two halves of Hydro's mask slid forward. They locked into place with a hiss and cold mist came through the vents as he breathed. When he spoke his voice was masked by a multi tone synthesizer. "I believe our targets have arrived." He clenched both fists and started to move closer under the cover of darkness and silence.
Exaultedsoulessone
Exaultedsoulessone

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:10 am

Smoke was close behind Hydro, when he stops, looks around for a moment, then suddenly slids into his kombat stance "Stop' it's a trap." someone says from the shadows.

Whomever it was, uncloaks. It was a Cyberninja! He holds up a hand before Smoke could attack "Hold! I am Not here to fight." he says quickly "I am Lash, from the Tekunin clan. The Lin Kuei know what you're after and have set a trap for you." he says to Hydro.

Smoke isn't convinced. After all, the Tekunin clan was Sektor's clan after he left the Lin Kuei "And why should we trust you?" he asks.

Lash nods "Cycle through your frequencies to unmask their cloaks. They have shifted them to block your eye from seeing them." he instructs Hydro "You'll see it's not a small handful of them, but a dozen of them, hiding, waiting for you, Hydro."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Exaultedsoulessone Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:24 pm

Hydro adjusted the frequency of his eye until he could see what Lash was talking about. "Damn." He looked to Lash. This person made him uncomfortable. Especially since he knew who Hydro was. However he could be like Hydro. A partial convert who escaped. Or he could be a clever spy. "You'll forgive me if I'm a bit skeptical. However how do we know if we can trust you. A pinch of information that may have saved us doesn't automatically ingratiate you into our good graces." He kept his voice low and just below a whisper. He also kept his senses sharp, and alert.
Exaultedsoulessone
Exaultedsoulessone

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:53 am

Three metal balls detach themselves from Lash's back "I will explain myself after I take care of them." he says as he cloaks himself and was gone. Seconds later the sound of kombat could be heard.

Smoke seemed to pay it no mind "The Tekunin clan is in shambles, ever since Sektor went missing in action. I have heard of a lot of in fighting amonst it's ranks." he says as the sound of fighting continues.

"And while it's possible that this 'Lash' character is looking for Sektor, we can't ignore the possibility that they aren't even from the Tekunin clan, but the Lin Kuei, sent to spy on us." he says with a nod "After all, he's only disabling the other cyber warriors, not destroying them."

As the fighting starts to wind down, Smoke shimmers and disappears. There was only a faint distortion where he was standing. He cloaked himself "Let's makes Lash believe that I had left and see his reaction." Smoke says as he moves to get a better vantage point on the area.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Exaultedsoulessone Sun May 05, 2019 4:35 am

Hydro nodded. "I agree. Well to some extent. He seemed to know why we needed those cyber forces. We don't know what ones have the command codes. They are useless to us in a non functional state." He paused for a moment listening to the sounds of kombat.

He would aid Lash if he felt he needed it. Looking back to Smoke "Though I can't ignore the fact that he's been stalking us for who knows how long. If this was a trap set by the Lin Kuei, then how did they know we were here? I only took this job a few days ago. Yet Lash knew exactly where we were." He paused again. Moving with Smoke to get a better vantage point.

"Then again he would have been searching for us it just so happened across us here." Looking towards the sound of Kombat he finished his thought. "We'll just have to ask if he survives. Speculation will get us no where."
Exaultedsoulessone
Exaultedsoulessone

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed May 08, 2019 8:56 pm

Smoke agreed, but now wasn't the time, as the rest of the cyberninja started to congregate towards Lash and while he was doing well against three or four at a time. It was turning into seven to eight on one amd Lash's no-kill fighting wasn't helping the situation.

Smoke frowns "It looks like we'll be needed down there after all." he says as he uncloaks "It's a good thing this is what we were waiting for!" he says as his body turns to smoke and he shoots off towards the battle!

As soon as he gets into the battle, two ninja attack Smoke! He simply turns to smoke and their attacks pass right through and he throws a smokeball at one, which causes it to teleport towards him, right into the path of the second one's attack!

"Don't kill any of them!" Lash calls to Smoke as he was able to fight off his attackers. That might be easier said than done.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Exaultedsoulessone Mon May 20, 2019 8:32 am

Hydro nodded and took off running. He leaped into the air and thrust his hands downward. A column of ice shot from his hands as he took the ambient moisture from the area and froze it creating a kind of sled.

Hydro seemed to glide through the area. He jumped off the sled and landed in the middle of 3 cyberninjas. He launched a blast of super cold air at one of the 'borgs and crouched low sliding towards another leaving a slick trail of ice. Then he rolled towards the third one with an uppercut.

He had no intention of killing any of them. One of them had the command codes he needed. No his goal was to immobilize them. Get what he needed then kill them.
Exaultedsoulessone
Exaultedsoulessone

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed May 22, 2019 12:53 pm

Smoke was also of sound mind as Hydro. Once they got what they came for, to blazes with them. Smoke throws a ball of smoke at one of the cyborgs, which engulfs it, causing the ninja to instantly teleport to the shadowy shinobi, who preceded to kick the crap out of it.

Suddenly a cyber ninja pops out of the ground in a digital shower, his fist smashing into Smoke's jaw and sending him flying back! The cyberninja who attacked, pressed his advantage by jumping after the airborne Smoke, set on inflicting even more damage in the air!

Lash managed to get his floaty, killing balls back around him, where they acted like a shield, tanking the damage so he could counter attack.

With all the cyborgs attacking at once, and all three of them fighting together, the baddie numbers were quickly falling, but something didn't seem right.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Exaultedsoulessone Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:31 am

Hydro blocked and countered attacks from all three of his assailants. With his enhancements he was quicker than most humans however it didn't make him untouchable. He took several hits to his back and side. One kick made him question the integrity of his ribs. After he finished disabling the drones he was fighting he looked around scanning with his eye. "Something's not right. This is too easy." He said to his Clan mate.
Exaultedsoulessone
Exaultedsoulessone

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:54 am

Smoke's jaw was still sore and he was certain he had broken a few teeth "If it feels like a trap, it probably is. Wise words from a wise man." he says as he turns into smoke and starts drifting through the structure, looking for any signs of the enemy.

Lash looks over to Hydro "Thank you for not killing them. I know it was hard, but none of them asked for this to happen to them." he says, holding up a hand.

"I think I found something." Smoke says on the com "Southwest building. There's a single enemy, however, the others may be cloaked. Stay frosty."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Exaultedsoulessone Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:02 pm

Hydro looked to Lash and then to his outstretched hand. Smoke's words were echoing in his ears. He looked back to Lash. "I understand what they've been through. Better than most. I don't want to kill them. For one; one of them possesses the command codes I require and two..." He looked to the disabled CyberNinjas. "Yes it was hard. The percentage of any one of them regaining their humanity back is very slim. However there is always that one percent." He nodded to Lash acknowledging him. "I don't shake hands. No offense."

Hydro looked over to Smoke and nodded "Affirmative." He said and started walking.
Exaultedsoulessone
Exaultedsoulessone

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:37 am

Lash shakes his head "None taken. We all have our little quarks. One of mine is small animals." he chuckles "I have some of my friends coming to pick up these cyber ninja and we'll start the process of returning them to normal, even if it's a cyborg body. They'll at least look human." he says.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Exaultedsoulessone Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:59 am

Hydro nodded. "I understand." He put his had to his ear. "We're on our way."  Hydro made his way towards Smoke. "I'll scan for thermal and electromagnetic signatures."

He glance back at Lash "I try to maintain a healthy skepticism about them. However I also know that not all of them can be saved. Some of them actually enjoy it. Like Sektor." He remembered his captor very well.
Exaultedsoulessone
Exaultedsoulessone

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum