Business As Usual

2 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Business As Usual - Page 5 Empty Re: Business As Usual

Post by Namey Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:48 pm

Buddy said that Jack was out for the moment, but David was in the common room reading Bram Stoker's masterpiece and Sam was where Sam usually was, the kitchen.
Namey
Namey
Admin

https://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:35 am

It didn't take too long for Natomi to run into David. "Hey there, do you have a second? I had something I could use your help with."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:08 pm

After marking his place and placing his book down, he nods "What's on your mind?" he asks.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:15 pm

Natomi nodded and proceeded to summarize what happened. "..So basically, I was wondering if you'd be all right with giving them a pep talk? I don't know what else to do, and if I just teach her how she wants I wouldn't be able to teach her everything because she hasn't built herself up yet. I figure if anyone could it be you or Jack since you've been doing it longer so they take your words to heart."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:35 am

David nods "I have no problem taking to her. Though, I think it's probably best to simply teach her to use her powers and than let her figure out how she wants to use them." he says "That's how me and Jack learned. We were given the basics of how to control our powers and from there, we made them our own."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:44 am

Natomi was silent for a moment. "Maybe you're right, I wanted to teach her the bare basics but if she just wants to learn just fire then I could do that. I just feel there are some essentials every hero should know a tiny bit of if they're in the field." While she still thought it wasn't the best idea if she was going to be out of the field where her hand to hand wasn't in her opinion passbale if she wanted to learn the hard way of school of hard knocks from live experience, she'd let them. She just hoped it didn't get herself or anyone else hurt.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:02 am

David nods "Of course. But that comes After they know how to use their powers. They build their whole style of both offense and defense around their powers, but can only do that once they know how to safely control them." he explains "But the very first thing she needs to learn, is how to safely control her powers, otherwise she'll only be a danger to herself and others. Everything else, will come afterwards."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:04 pm

"I guess you may have a point. I'll go talk to her next time I see them, thanks for the advice."
Natomi excused herself before heading to the kitchen to eat and chat with Sam then..we'll, she wasn't sure but she'd find something.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:18 pm

Sam was cooking something that smelled of meat, well seasoned meat at that, when Natomi comes in "Ah, welcome, Natomi. I was just trying out something out that I had seen on TV." he says, he was the same as always.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:47 am

Natomi smiled at them as she sat down. "Hey Sam, I just got through with some training. What were you thinking about trying out?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:40 pm

Sam shakes his head "It does not matter so much What is being mate, but tather, how it is being made." he says "And speaking of making, how is the making of our youngest hero coming along?" he asks. Having had his share of teaching the younger generation, he knew how difficult it could be.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:22 am

"Not as well. I need to adjust a few things, going to just teach her how to better control her fire powers better since that what she wants." Natomi said. "Though, if that's it I can't teach her much more until she gets stronger or she'll hurt herself without the needed energy. I can give her a few more pointers but that's it. The more complicated stuff besides the basics is harder then it would look."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:05 am

Sam nods. He was a good many things. He was a good cook, he was a good assassin, he was a good big brother, he was also a good listener.

"It would seem to me, that she needs two things. Control and stamina." he says "Though, without one, she can not achieve the other." he points out.

"When I was training for the Brotherhood, we had to build up our strength and stamina before we could learn how to do everything else, otherwise, as you said, we would become a burden to the others." he says.

"There is no getting around both facts that she, currently, lacks either stamina or control and she seems too hot blooded to learn either of those at the moment." he says "So what do you plan on doing with her?" he asks.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:21 am

Natomi was silent for a moment. "..I really don't know. This is my first time being a teacher so I'm really just learning as I go. Do you have any suggetions? Only thing I have in mind is maybe she'll listen to Jack since she looks up to them."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:36 am

Sam nods "Of course she will likely listen to Jack. He seems to have the same energy about him that she has as well." he points out "He has also had children and as part of his super hero training back in his world, he had to learn how to directly deal with children, so he knows how to handle her as well." he continues "If you wish to get her to really warm up to you, you need to stop treating her as a student for now, and treat her as a teenager." he says.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:07 am

"I guess I can try. I wasn't exactly a normal teenager growing up..and it wasn't that long ago since I just turned twenty this year."
Natomi said. "What about you? You ever train anyone?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:33 am

Sam nods "Yes. I have taught a few of my brothers the art of blending in and quiet assassination." he says, reminding her that, in addition to being the team moral officer and a good cook, he was also a deadly assassin.

"I would also teach at the orphanage when I could. Teaching the children, many who would join the Brotherhood, how to keep their moral compass during, difficult, times." he says, referring to bad missions.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:29 am

"Yeah..teaching can be rough from what Kobe said. This is my first time bothering with it, I was always doing my own thing then." Natomi drained some of her cup before placing it down. "We'll see. I still have plenty of time to learn."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:49 am

Sam nods "Just remember, the teacher has as much to learn from their student, as the student has to learn from the teacher." he says.

"Just have patience with Haruhi, she will come around." he says "If anything else, it could only benefit you to talk with Kobe and Marcen, as the two have tought others before as well." he points out.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:04 am

Natomi supposed her friend had a point. "Yeah, definitely seems to be on my end its a learning experience. Thank you for the advice, I'm going to be taking my leave for now." She decided to go talk to Kobe about it she also needed to take care of herself so to speak or if she ignored it enough she'd become irritable. One of the annoying things about being a Farian, she had thought of using the holodeck before for it but that kind of embarrassed her more then traditional methods.

Not too long after, Cadmus came to greet Sam seems like he was popular today which was of no real surprise. "Hey Sam. Do you have a minute? There's something I wanted to talk to you in private far as advice went about something."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:09 am

Sam greeted the Heartless "But of course. Give me a moment." he says as he wanders on over and closes the kitchen door, locking it. Aside from the more immature on the team, the others would get the hint "What is on your mind, my friend?" he asks as he pours them some coffee.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:50 am

Cadmus went to have a seat. "..I'm worried about Alice's long term mental health, and while things are relatively fine now if something isn't changed it could have some serious consequences in the future. When I try to talk to them about our old group, she just shuts down. However, when it comes to One in particular with our last conversation its not jus dislike but I feel outright murderous and dark."

"To make a longer story short, one of these members named Raine she was romantically interested in, and they turned them down. It should have been the end of it, but it seems not properly dealing with it has made it worse. The others didn't really do anything and while I'm not Jerod my guess is she just associates them with her cause of grief. I also think Raine is just the straw that broke the camel's back as I have more faith in Alice this all didn't happen just because she got told no. So the cause happened long before they even met Raine or me."

He leaned back a bit. ".And if I'm wrong, then Alice's mental health is even a bigger then I thought. Either way I want them to get help so it never becomes an issue and she can fully move on. I just don't know how to bring up getting help and I don't want to feel less then or anything y'know? Mental health has a lot stigma even if it shouldn't after all."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:57 am

Sam thinks for a bit "The best advice I could give, aside from taking this to Jerod, is to put tourself in Alice's shoes." he says "What originally drove her to seek you out? Why did she stay with your old group, and more importantly, why did she Really leave your old group? You need to think, maybe she is right to feel this way and if she is not, find out why." he points out  "Beyond that, all I can say is speak to Jerod, as he is trained for this kind of thinking or, better still, ask Alice herself."

Suddenly, over the PA from the base "Attention everyone! Gather in briefing room 3 and bring your game faces. We got some serious stuff going down." Jack calls to his team.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:19 pm

Cadmus was about to comment when he heard the annoucement, so it was going have to wait. "Hm. Business time and that comes first." He wondered what this was all about but they would find out soon enough.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:09 pm

Jack was waiting with Marcen. Haruhi shows up soon after, followed by Sam and the others. After a head count, Jack nods "Thank you for coming. Here's what we know..." Jack explains about the Trojan, the encounter in the park and what they know about the invasion.

"And that's where we stand so far. When the invasion hits, we'll devide our team. One group goes to help the Hunters, they'll be in charge, and the other will focus on evacuation." he finishes.

Haruhi blinks "Wait, Aliens? Like the ones from a few years ago? And We're gonna fight them?" she asks.

Marcen shakes his head "No. Some of us will fight them, others will help save lives. But make no mistake, both are critical duties." he points out.

Haruhi looked dubious, but Hitomi looked completely sure of herself. Sam, on the other hand, looked indifferent, whole Alice didn't seem to care where she was.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next