Business As Usual

2 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Business As Usual Empty Business As Usual

Post by Namey Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:25 am

"Personal journal, Marcen Gregore. Second in command of the Unknown Heroes and leader of the Shinobi Squad. It is September the 5th, 2047.

It has been about 548 days since I joined Jack in his quest and it's been quite a trip. I've fought so many different people that one could barely keep count... roughly 408 individuals by myself, as of this recording... and I have saved twice as many people.

I must say, it's a far cry from being a 13 year old who just graduated from the academy, having a head filled with dreams of becoming the Mizukage, to becoming a super hero.

There are some among the team who are getting a bit burnt out, but not me. I still believe in Jack's vision, having seen firsthand the difference one person can make, for both good and bad. Still, people are free to leave if they choose. Jack believes in second chances, after all. If they feel like coming back, that is.

Speaking of whom, I've been keeping an eye on Emnauell, a former member of our team, our villainous adversaries might target him and his family to get to us and I know Jack wouldn't want that. I fed him some line about the government coming to see him, that'll keep him on guard, hopefully, but if not, I'll be there to lend a hand, should he need it.

On a different note, training of Hitomi Uchiha and Haruhi Azuma is going decent. As an Uchiha, Hitomi is quick to pick up in my training. The same can't be said for Haruhi, though Natomi is making every effort. The girl lacks focus and is too damn head strong. Still, as my second, I have every confidence in Natomi's abilities.

That's all I have to report for now and will submit another journal entry tomorrow. Computer, end log."

Marcen grabs his gear and starts out for another day of training and patroling. With the unrest between the Hunters and Certain Inhuman factions out there, Jack had told his people to watch out for anything that could potentially out innocent bystanders at risk and if they see anything, call the Hunters andnlet Them deal with it, while Jack's people get the civilians out of harms way.

He wanders over to the kitchen and sees Sam up and about, making breakfast for everyone. Lately Sam has been in a funk, though he hides it Very well, Marcen was trained to notice things like that, and he knew Why Sam was feeling down. He would have to talk to Jack about that.

Sam was an important aspect of the team. He was their moral mascot. He kept the energy high and everyone in good spirits, even if they didn't realize it.

And speaking of good spirits, Marcen sees Alice wander into the kitchen as well "Good morning you two. Breakfast will be ready in just a bit." Sam says as he continues to cook.

Marcen nods "I appreciate it, Sam. Today's gonna be a hard day of training with Hitomi, followed by us patrolling the city. Then it's back to more training." he says.

Sam nods "That is a full day, indeed. It looks like you both will be needing your energy up. Well not ti worry, I have made plenty for everyone." he says with a chuckle.

Alice grabs a box of cookies and come milk and chips and heads back out. That would, presumably, be her and Cadmus' breakfast. Alice seemed a lot happier since Cadmus joined the team, which was a good thing, because a positive attitude wheb in patrol really helps spot danger before it spots you.

And speaking of, he would need to get Hitomi up. For a ninja, she sure slept a lot, even though she had the potential to be a Great shinobi, she still lacked discipline.
Namey
Namey
Admin

https://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Business As Usual Empty Re: Business As Usual

Post by Sion Reaver Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:37 pm

Kobe had woken up a bit earlier for a walk slash visit of some personal matters he needed to be taken care of. The main crux had been talking with Akemi's family since before they had refused to talk to him for the longest time as they blamed him for Akemi and her little sister's death.

At the time instead of staying with them, he at the time decided that the duties of Aguni village on the island took priority and went to take care of them instead. This was around the time Atasuki had been going around 'collecting' half demons for their own purposes. There was no way he could of known that, and perhaps ultimately his presence wouldn't have mattered but the guilt had eaten at him for years.

Over time this lessened and instead of having the past club him over the head he used it was a learning lesson, one he was confident Natomi would thankfully wouldn't have to learn. He was a man who had made his fair share of blunders and mis steps, and he would take some things back if he could but these things were simply apart of life.

Kobe glanced at a picture of Akemi and Okane. While the past was just that, if nothing else it was nice to remember the good memories he did have. Part of the reason he decided to join Jack's group was because it gave him some sort of direction, he wasn't sure what he'd be doing with his live at this current time otherwise. Settling down for the time being had been cut short, albeit perhaps slightly his own fault.

He put the picture away as he arrived back at Jack's base for a busy day.

Life was for the living.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:28 pm

While the store wasn't open yet, the members of Jack's team had their own keys. Standing out front of the store, was a Young Woman, who was checking a piece of paper, as if trying to find an address.

She spots Kobe "Oh, um, excuse me. Could you help me? I'm trying to find the address here..." she says as she shows Kobe the piece of paper. It had a very crude map with the jewelry shop's address on it, but there was no address on this side of the shop.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:07 pm

Out of all the things Kobe didn't expect to see, was what seemed to not only be a fellow shinobi but possibly a chakra one judging by things. He didn't, however, know what village she came from exactly as while he knew a decent amount of the Elemental Nations, he hadn't ever been there. The island, Natomi and those like him came from did mostly keep to themselves, missions and assignments aside.

She was very pretty though, he'd admit though but it still made him curious. "You're at the right place if you're looking for the jewelry shop, but it doesn't open for another hour. Unless you're looking for something around here a bit more specific; I know the area around here pretty well." He said politely.

Maybe she was a new recruit? It was possible, at any rate and another chakra ninja to their ranks if that was the case wouldn't hurt but as always he remained cautious. It had been a mixed bag with their newest members that had joined; Zyna was a cheerful power house and listened well. Haruchi Had a lot of potential, but her personality held her back, hopefully she'd mellow.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:44 am

The young woman shakes her head "I'm looking for a man named Jack Winters. I was told he has a place around here, but the best I got was an address and a poorly drawn map." she says "But if this is the place, I'll just have to wait for them to open. Thank you for your help." she says with a smile.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:47 am

That did confirm there was a chance for that, if not she was asking for some sort of help but that seemed less likely. Simply because for the later, assuming she wasn't retired from a village like Marcen she would have a whole village for help.

"You're welcome. I have to get going, but the person you're looking for may show up sooner then you think. Have a good day for now." Kobe decided at this point to take his leave, talk to Jack to see if he be up meeting someone a bit earlier since it seemed to be hero related business, he of course also needed to talk to Marcen first to see what village and such they were from, so he would be first then Jack. She seemed a nice enough young woman, but being an unknown chakra ninja from a unknown village, he had to be slightly cautious at first until he got things confirmed.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:07 am

Marcen was, of course, in the holodeck training with Hitomi. It was a forest setting, early morning, and with a light mist in the air. Right now, Marcen and Hitomi were working on their taijutsu, or hand-to-hand kombat and, for the casual observer, it was clear that Marcen was the more skilled.

Hitomi attacks, kuni in hand, with short and quick strikes, but Marcen was dancing out of the way of her attacks "Your attack reach is too short for quick strikes. In order to counter this, you must use Other means to attack your opponent." he says in a casual tone.

This was getting on Hitomi's nerves a bit, which was making her reckless "And How, exactly would I Do that?!" she asks as she gives chase to Marcen, who withdrawls from the battle.

As Marcen moves away and Hitomi follows, there was a *SNAP!* right under her and suddenly, she was hanging upside down. Her leg cought in a snare trap.

Marcen walks, casually, over "Like that. If you know the battle will lead you one way, herd them another way." he says as he throws a kuni at the rope holding her "Set some traps in advance. You never know when they'll come in handy." he says, helping Hitomi up.

"Get creative with it. Remember, dipending on the mission, you can tailor the traps to whatever you need them for." he explains "I'm gonna head on out for a bit while you set up for the next round. The object of the mission is capture." he states as he heads on out.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:16 am

It didn't take too long to find Marcen, who was as expected in one of his usual spots or rather heading out of it, Kobe caught up to them. "Next to Jack you're exactly the person I wanted to see right now. I met what seems to be another fellow chakra ninja who seems to want to meet Jack, I was hoping you'd be able to intenify the village that came from. Have we had any new applications lately that might ring some bells?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:44 am

Marcen thinks for a moment, then slowly shakes his head "No. There's no one new coming in." he says "what was the symbol of this person's village?" he asks "The'll usually have a band of cloth with a metal plate that has a symbol on it. Ifyou had seen anything like that, could you discribe it?" he asks.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:02 am

So seemed they weren't likely getting a new recruit after all, kind of a let down after Elora had to leave since since they could always use another ninja. Of course either way it was too soon to assume her intentions either way.

"I made a note to remember it. it was.."
Kobe then gave the best descrpition of it he could, training meant keeping note of those details like that.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:27 pm

Marcen nod "She's from the Hidden Leaf village, the same place Hitomi is from" he says "If I had to guess, she's probably here to check on Hitomi's progress." he says "I had better get her." he says as he excuses himself and heads back into the holodeck.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:15 pm

That mystery seemed to have been solved for the moment so Kobe let it be for now, instead going to the mess hall to grab something to eat and go from there. While he didn't mind the inside taking it easy inside he was far more of a outside slash nature person. He didn't much care for the city and being crowded, but here he was.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:05 am

After an hour, or so, Christine finally opens the shop and the young woman, who had been waiting out there this whole time, wanders in.

Christine smiles at them "Welcome. Is there anything I can help you find?" she asks.

The young woman nods, smiling back "Yes, is there a Jack Winters here?" she asks.

Christine nods "One moment. Have a seat or some coffee. It's fresh brewed." she says as she heads to the back room and hits a com "Dad, there's a ninja lady here to see you." she says.

"Okay. I'll be up in a moment. Thank you, Christine." he replies.

She wanders back "He'll be right up." she says as she goes back to work.

Things Certainly had been different since she got back, after flashpoint. Things were pretty much the same, except for the fact that Harlan was here waiting for her to get back. Apparently the two of them had been living together since the Cell had broken up. She didn't have s problem with that. And within the year since, their relationship had been heating up.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:02 am

When Kobe entered the mess hall there was the usual suspects there, Zyna was there talking to Aiko and Kimiko about something, of what he didn't know but the two children were engrossed in the story she was telling them about her home world.

Ramona was there too, no sign of Jerod at the moment. He didn't see Natomi either which meant she was at the holodeck or out since she was usually up fairly early. Jerod was probably asleep or on his office doing whatever.

"So been meaning to ask, how was your trip?"
Kobe asked the young woman..or young looking at least since she was older then everyone at the base put together.

"It was decent. To be frank I'm glad its over with that assignment but all things considered it went better then I was expecting it to."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:06 am

After a bit, Jack comes wandering up and takes the young woman in the back room "I'm Jack Winter. I hear you wanted to see me?" he asks.

The young woman nods "Yes. First of all, thank you for seeing me..." she says with a bow "My name is Masumi Uchiha, I've come to check on my cousin, Hitomi, and see how her progress is coming along." she explains.

Jack nods "I'll radio down and have her brought on up. Excuse me for a moment." he says as he moves away and taps his link "Marcen, would you bring Hitomi on up here?" he asks. He looks over to Masumi "She'll be here shortly." he says with a winning smile.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:33 am

Eventually as things would have it, Aiko and Kimiko decided to go back to their mother after a moment of talking to Zyna. Jerod and Ramona had finally gotten officially married sometime at the end of next year after being engaged for two years. Kobe personally always felt out of place at weddings but if it supported a friend, he'd do it.

"Those two could talk your ear off huh? Or at least Aiko." Kobe mused as Zyna sat back down.

"Oh, yes. But I wouldn't trade it for anything, I really like they're so open and curious. It'll serve them well when older. If I have any daughters I wouldn't mind them being like those two. What about you? Do you want children some day?"
She was a bit curious but only if he wanted to share.

"I never really thought too much about it lately." He admitted. "The closes thing is my students since I've been around them since they were children, Natomi included so they're the closes thing to it. Maybe one day, but I'm in no hurry."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:59 am

Marcen finally gets up to the ground floor and he and Hitomi come out. Hitomi exits first and the young woman smiles at her cousin "Hitomi! It's so good to see you again!" she says as she embraces the younger woman.

Hitomi struggles in her older cousin's grip "Masumi, stop being all clingly, it's embarrassing me!" she says.

This doesn't deter Masumu "I can't help it! It's been so long and I've been so lonely since you've been gone!" she says as she squeezes Hitomi's face between her boobs.

Hitomi had to fight just to get some air "T-than, get a boyfriend!" she gasps, her face red with embarrassment.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:28 am

Finally, Zyna decided after getting a feel of certain things to ask Kobe about something. "So the female ninja that came in to check on Hitomi, you find them attractive?"

"I did. Why do you ask?" Though Kobe already had a fair idea of why as he could almost practically Hear the gears in her head turning from planning.

"We'll..." Zyna began after a moment. "If not just attraction and you being interested them, why not talk to them?"

"They live half way across the world Zyna."

The younger woman shook her head, suddenly looking older. "I'm sure with your shadow powers and probably whatever else she has its not as big of an issue. Just talk to them before they leave. Maybe nothing comes from it but nothing comes waiting for the ideal condition to come along all the time. I've..done that too much in the past.."

She seemed to trail off thinking of something personal. "..Anyway just my two credits up to you. I'm going to go for now so I'll talk to you later." Without another word, the young woman left.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:45 am

Masumi looks around, all the time having Hitomi's face pressed between her breasts "I heard that Marcen was with you guys. Did he not want to greet a fellow shinobi?" she asks, sounding a bit hurt.

That was a good question. Jack could have sworn he had seen Marcen show up top. But he seems to have disappeared as soon as he had seen Masumi "I'm sure he's around here somewhere. Why don't you come down to the base and I'll fill you in on Hitomi's progress?" Jack offers.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:53 pm

Kobe was also thinking of asking Marcen if anything of interest had happened in one of his recent patrols, he did like talking to them as they were the second oldest ninja around here now that Elora had left.

From the corner of his eye he saw Natomi moving on through, who spotted him and came over. "Is Sam in the mess hall now?"

"I didn't see them, but sure they're around." Natomi gave a brief nod before moving on her way, she was a bit worried about him.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:37 pm

While Jack, Masumi, and Hitomi were talking, Marcen took this opportunity to slip away. It seemed that Marcen knew this Masumi woman and was Actively trying to avoid her.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:34 pm

Kobe decided to take Zyna's advice, there wasn't really any harm in at least properly introducing himself and letting the chips fall where they may, that was of they weren't in the office or what not. Though he did spot Marcen that seemed to be on their way to where ever. It may have just been his imagination as even with his training and experience he was hard to read but they may of had something on their mind,

"I thought you'd probably still be with Hitomi. Everything check out okay?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:09 pm

Marcen shrugs "Yeah. It's just that Masumi is in there and I'd rather not get cought by her." he says "A few years back, I saved her while on a mission. You see, although she's an Uchiha, one of the greatest shinobi families out there, she's Not a very good ninja." he explains.

"So while on a mission, I stumble into her, in trouble of course, and decide to help her, because even then I was on the path of a hero..." he continues "But now, she's got it in her head that Me saving her means we're destin to be together..." he says, looking over to Jack office.

"Which wouldn't be so much a bad thing, I mean, she's a very attractive woman, but her style of 'love' can get, shall we say, physical and in the painful way." he says, rubbing an arm "She doesn't Mean to best the crap out of those she Really cares for, she just doesn't know how to Properly express her feelings." he finishes.

"So now you can see why I would like to avoid her." he mumbles, eyeing the door, realy to spring into as soon as it twitches.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:44 pm

That did explain why Marcen was acting like he was at the moment, and also shed some light on something. Something that he had thought of was if they already had someone, another reason he was simply testing the waters. She wasn't, but she was interested strongly in some else, years later still in fact and he knew from experience it best not to tilt windmills pursuing someone who was also pursuing another person.

What didn't make sense to him was how she hurt people and not know it, even a poorly trained ninja should that much. There had to be something more to it. It was kind of amusing though at the end of the day all that being said; the situation reminded him of some of those anime series Natomi was into. "I was actually just going to introduce myself, but she does sound like the character."

"Though something you said caught my attention, you said she hurts people she cares about. Like not knowing her own strength sort of thing?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:28 pm

Marcen shakes his head "I'd rather you not find out." he mumbles.

"Head's up, Scooby gang..." Buddy says "The boss man is finishes with his little chat." he warns.

Marcen nods "And with that, I take my leave. Best of luck." he says as he disappears in a poof of smoke, ninja style!

A few seconds later, Jack, Hitomi, and Masumi come walking out of Jack's office.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next