Opening Jitters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Re: Opening Jitters

Post by Sion Reaver on Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:59 pm

Emanulle was really looking forward to that, a small question of how they were going to afford a private beach but obviously Anita had something in mind if she suggested it. "Deal. Try not to work to work yourself out when you're on the job. Me and Michru will see you after work."
Sion Reaver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by namey on Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:12 pm

She waves as she heads out the door. She had a few ideas on where to go for their upcoming vacation, but still, she was going to make sure she could Actually book it first. Then she would call Cedrick and see if she could borrow some money if she fell short. Maybe she would invite Cedrick and Amanda. She hadn't seen or heard from her younger sister in about a year.
namey
Admin

View user profile http://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver on Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:50 am

As predicted, Michru was a bit bummed about not able to come along but he did promise he and Anita would make it up to them when they got back. Of what he wasn't sure but luckily Michru was easy going and not terribly hard to please so just spending a length of time with them would have sufficed.

"So have you decided where you two are going to go?" Monica asked Emanulle as they walked outside along with Michru who was eating an ice cream cone.

He thought about it, then shook his head. "Not yet. I Literally just came up with the idea yesterday so we'll have to see."
Sion Reaver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by namey on Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:07 pm

As the two of them were walking and talking, Manny's phone buzzes. It was Marcen "Hey man. Just a heads up, there Might be someone from the government coming to see you. They want to assess if we, as in Jack and his team, are a threat..." the text reads "You are under no obligation to tell him anything and Jack want you to know that he wouldn't hold it against you if you did, but he asks that you reframe from talking about the team in much detail." the text ends.
namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver on Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:37 am

That wasn't the best of news but Emanulle supposed it could of been worse but it sounded like politics more or less; a world he had left behind. He could still play that game if he needed to since it would be like riding a bike or at least hopefully didn't mean he liked it of course.

"Is everything okay?"

Apparently Michru picked up something as she looked a bit concerned and Monica only watched them idly.

He smiled a bit. "It's fine. Just something caught me off guard. Some people want to talk to Jack and the others."

Michru didn't seem entirely convinced. "..Okay."

"Do you need a second?"
Monica asked Emanulle, in case he needed to get into contact briefly.

"I think so. One moment." Emanulle moved a bit away as Monica kept Michru company so he could talk to Marcen and clarify one or two things.
Sion Reaver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by namey on Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:08 pm

The phone rings for a bit before Marcen answers "Hey man. That was quick. Did mister 'Secret Agent Man' pay ya a visit already?" he asks.
namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver on Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:34 am

Emanulle almost shook his head out of habit but it was on the phone. "No. Not the spooks as my father in law says. I was more just calling to get a bit more information. Didid something happen that caused you guys to be put on their radar? Because if anything, I would think this would have come up a long time ago and not just now."
Sion Reaver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by namey on Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:34 pm

"Sorry, bud. But you know I can't really say." Marcen says "But let's just say that until recently, we've been keeping a low profile. We've since gone public and certain folks are concerned." he explains.

"They asked for list of our members and associates and Jack complied. He said it was better to be on the side of the government, than against them.' he says "That list included you, but it has you as 'Retired', so there's a Chance they might come and see you, asking for information about us that Jack felt it best not to include."
namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver on Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:23 am

Emanulle supposed that made sense, though he had thought the group was already known by the government before then. "All right and noted. Is there anything else I should know about or we clear for now?"
Sion Reaver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by namey on Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:42 am

Marcen was silent on the other side for a moment, meaning he was thinking if he should say anymore about what's been going on, which usually meant things were serious out there "If you see anyone following you or anyone who seems out of place in Any way, give us a call at once and stay away from them." he cautions.
namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver on Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:34 am

This got Emanulle a bit concerned about something. "..Do you think my loved ones can possibly be in any danger?" He didn't want to think so but if people trailed them with less then noble intentions, its possible they may do the same to some of the people he was close with. Anita could take care of herself, but he did know there were long stretches where she was by herself as well.
Sion Reaver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by namey on Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:42 am

There was another pause "Yes. Stay alert. Remember, you're not alone out there." he says, then the line goes dead as Marcen hangs up.

Since Manny was no longer a member of the team, Marcen really couldn't share sensitive information with him, as could anyone else. Still, Manny was Marcen's friend, so the Zoanthrope felt he should be warned.
namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver on Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:58 am

This got Emanulle more then a bit troubled so he decided to contact Anita just to give them a heads up to be careful. Just because the people worked with the official government didn't mean there couldn't be shady things at work which from he gathered was a strong possibility.
Sion Reaver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by namey on Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:56 pm

Anita said she would keep an eye out, but that she could also take care of herself and reminded Manny that he Also could take care of himself and his family, which was why Jack recruited him in the first place.

As it turned out, the day continued without incident. No one had come to see him, no one from the government anyway, and there was no one following them.

Anita comes home from work, looking tired as usual, but this time she looked a bit upset. She didn't throw anything or be loud. It was a quiet rage, which usually meant she was pretty pissed.
namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver on Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:45 pm

Michru had wanted to stay up so she could greet Anita and spend at least a short bit of time with them. With her new schedule she didn't get to see them as much anymore as she wanted, unfourtnately she had drifted off before she could meet that meager goal so Emanulle had ended up tucking her into bed.

At hearing the door Emanulle decided to greet them but noticed something was wrong having spent enough time with them to know on top of being observant person in general. "Welcome back...did something happen?"
Sion Reaver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by namey on Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:34 am

Anita shakes her head "Yeah, but it's nothing I can't handle tomorrow." she mumbles "I'm gonna head on to the shower. I've had a long day." she says as she takes off her cost and tossed it on the couch.

Since she started working, Anita had developed a bad habit of leaving her clothes where she often takes them off. But then again, she Has been coming homwe later and later, being more and more tired, as she works her hardest.
namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver on Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:00 pm

Emanulle picked up the clothes to set them aside, he did understand a bit why she did that when coming home so he didn't hold it against them too much. As for what was bothering her, he wouldn't press but she'd know he was here if she needed to vent.

In the mean time he put Anita's dinner away but it was there if she was hungry and wanted it. Hopefully this vacation thing panned out as both of them needed it for various reasons. After all the ups and downs of their life he was sure Anita appreciated the peace and stability her life currently had.

On the same token some excitement now and again was important too. Emanulle had a theory that at least in part chaos was apart of sex, at least the more animalistic spur of the moment kind, it was messy and fun. Then on the flipside there was more sensual angle to it both were important.

After he finished he headed to their bed room to wind down for the moment.
Sion Reaver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by namey on Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:44 pm

Anita gets out of the shower, wearing a long shirt. She was a bit disappointed that Manny wasn't waiting there for her so they could have dinner together, but she supposed that's the price a working woman had to pay.

After Anita had gotten Manny's message about the badness, she let Cedrick know as well. Nothing of note happened, at least nothing she couldn't take care of tomorrow. So now she ait in silence while looking over some reports, since she was the only one in the kitchen at the moment.
namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver on Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:01 pm

Emanulle had thought Anita would be going straight to bed but it turned out it wasn't the case so after a moment he opted to join Anita for the dinner time having a seat. "Nothing of note really happened while you were gone, thankfully so its been the same old. Michru was trying to stay up for you but she ended up falling asleep."
Sion Reaver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by namey on Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:30 pm

Anita nods "It happens." she says "So did your old team say what, exactly, it was that we had to be on the look out for? Or are we just suppose to take a shot in the dark for this trouble?" she asks. She was a bit tired of all this chaos following her around All the time.
namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver on Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:27 pm

The chaos thing that followed Anita around was apart of her nature, but he wondered if not for the first time if there was a way to lessen it to give them a break when they wanted it. He was sure there was ways, maybe her mother knew but they weren't exactly close. Either way it wasn't the here or there.

"Only thing they said it probably be someone from the government. Which doesn't say much, too many movies give the wrong impression. We aren't going to see men in suits and shades busting out doors.."
He trailed off, thinking a bit. "Just because we saw nothing doesn't mean they aren't there though; it depends how good they are and if they have special abilities to better hide themselves. It be silly to think they wouldn't have at least someone under their employ. That said, we shouldn't be paranoid and stop living our lives, its just more something to keep in mind. It could be nothing."
Sion Reaver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by namey on Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:30 pm

Anita was thinking "Let's... not automatically assume that it's Just the government that we need to watch out for." she mumbles "After all, this world is crazy with things that are out to get ya." she says.

The thing that came to het mind, right away, was that psycho that they fought, the one with the robotic arm. He was still at large and there was a Very good chance that he could hold a grudge, however, she was only speculating now. Still, might be worth looking into.
namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver on Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:29 pm

"True.." He reluctantly admitted, though he hadn't wanted to think of that possibility as well though it was certainly possible. "That's another one, but hopefully it turns out be nothing but hot smoke this time around. Things have been pretty calm for a whole year."

He wasn't sure how Vlad got free, but since he was touched with the Outsider its possible they got him out. The only other follower he knew was Charity and she wasn't Really one so much as it had been thrust on them.
Sion Reaver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by namey on Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:04 pm

Anita nods "True enough and hopefully it stays that way." she says "I'm sure I speak for both of us when I say I'm happy to have a chance to breath from all the madness out there." she says.

"So what are your thought on Paragon Corp and this whole space station and robots thing?" she asks "Are you planning on getting one? Maybe a sitter for Michru when we're both out?" she suggests.
namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver on Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:11 pm

"It's interesting though I can't comment too much about it. I wonder what its going to mean for this planet as a whole. As for the robot thing.." He trailed off thinking about it. "I wasn't sure, but ultimately even if I did its something I'd want to talk to you about first since decisions like that we should talk about first. It may not be a bad idea though, give Monica and such a break."
Sion Reaver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next