The More Things Change

2 posters

Page 19 of 21 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

Go down

The More Things Change - Page 19 Empty Re: The More Things Change

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:08 pm

Adell got that part, at least. "Righ. So what are the other beginner summons?" He meant more of exactly how the process even worked but he was patient, given he was learning something entirely new from what he was used to. On the surface level he didn't see Forgotten to useful except for distraction and minor things, but given time he may be able to think of something or two with them.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:12 pm

Amanda shakes her head "That's it. The Forgotten are the only creatures that are low enough for beginners to use to summon." she says "After you get use to summoning the Forgotten, we'll go for lesser demons next." she says with a shrug "If you need any help, feel free to ask for it." she offers.
Namey
Namey
Admin

https://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:04 pm

"I'll let you know."

Adell hadn't done remotely anything close to this, it was entirely a first for him but there was a first time for everything right? He decided to get things started, getting a 'feel' of things before attempting his first summon.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:28 am

As expected, nothing happened. Though, truthfully, Amanda didn't expect Adell to get the hang of summoning right off the bat, like he had with the other two.

She was thinking on how to help him out, when she was struck with a sudden, and brilliant, idea! She holds up a hand "I think I know what the problem is..." she holds up her hand and a small, fiery, portal opens and a Forgotten shoots out.

She walks over to Adell and holds out her hand, touching his gem, which causes both their gems to glow briefly. The Forgotten floats over to Adell "You're now in control of this Forgotten. It'll do whatever you say, to the best of it's abilities." she explains "This will give you a chance to experience what it's like to have your own summoned creature."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:56 am

It was strange having control over his own summon, but not in the bad way just more in the general sense of being new. Adell decided to experiment a bit further, getting basic motions down so he could further get used to it and controlling the summon.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:06 am

When Amanda said he could control it, she meant in terms of master and servant, not in the literal sense. So for now, Adell had a horned, flaming demon skull following him around everywhere he went.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:44 am

That became apparent quickly after the fact, in the mean time he just got used to things in a natural way until Amanda instructed for what to do after.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:07 am

It was about half day when Amanda comes back to check on Adell "So how's it going?" she asks "Have you figured out what a Forgotten's purpose is?" she asks.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:34 pm

Adell turned towards Amanda to greet them. "It's going all right. And yeah, after spending enough time with this summon I think I have a much grasp of this one at least now."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:00 pm

Amanda nods slowly, then folds her arms "Alright, what is it's purpose?" she asks as she waves her hand and her own Forgotten is summoned.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:49 am

Adell thought briefly. "If you mean purpose as its general role, then I think I have the general answer. Forgotten aren't really made for up close combat, and they aren't too strong or fast. Because of how they look, they aren't good as scouts either in most cases but due to their nature they're more useful for either a shield, or a distraction."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:27 am

Amanda nods slowly "So that's what you think they're good for?" she asks, waving her hand and about a dozen more Forgotten appear "They cost almost nothing to summon, so you can get a lot of them.." she explains as she summons another dozen.

There were now over twenty horned, flaming skulls lazily floating around "They may be the weakest of all the summons, but they are loyal to a fault and follow commands, no matter what the situation." she says.

"They also have one other feature that makes them very useful..." she says as she points at Adell. Suddenly, all twenty-five flaming skulls start Swarming Adell at high speeds!

They weren't attacking him by any means. This was more to show Adell how useful the Forgotten could Really be and the one that Adell controlled was moving to stop the others from getting too close.

"One bee sting is, for the most part, an irritation. But hundreds can be deadly." she says as she holds up a hand and the Forgotten suddenly Stop! She waves another hand and they all disappear, except for the one Adell controlled "Do you understand now, how useful the Forgotten can be?" she asks.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:39 am

Adell could see that part now, that would make them a lot more useful then he had intially given them credit for. "I see. I never really thought of things that way but they definitely can be a lot more useful then I was thinking of them at first."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:21 pm

Amanda nods "That's good to know. Remember, not everything is what it seems at first." she says, knowing that He, over all others, knew that "Take your time with it. It's not going anywhere." she chuckles lightly.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:25 am

With that in mind of what was shown, Adell decided to further experiment by summoning a few more Forgotten. It wasn't too different from before save having a lot more of them but it was a experience.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:12 pm

Amanda had a surprised look on her face "That's incredible. No one's Ever gotten the hand of summoning on the first day of trying." she says "Not even me, and I was raised around this stuff and taught by mother." she says, sounding jealous.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:15 pm

"Really? Not even the lower level ones?" Adell seemed a bit surprised, he thought the complexity of the summon determined how long on average it took to summon them first. That probably was true to some extent, but even a Forgotten from what Amanda said usually took longer.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:13 pm

Amanda seemed a bit upset by this "Since summoning comes So easily to you..." she waves a hand and in a swirl of fire, outside, a three headed demonic hound appears "Than try to summon a Cerberus." she challenges as she stomps out.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:37 pm

Adell sighed, he knew it was always at times a rope to balance when interacting with Amanda in those type of things. Perhaps saying everyone went their own pace would have worked, or not it was hard to tell with them at times.. The young woman definitely had her pride, he remembered when she seemed jealous of Ness' abilties back when they trying to sing. He was going have to talk to them to soothe things over..
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:39 am

"Pissed off Amanda again?" Cedrick asks "And I suppose you are planning to smooth things over with her after she has a moment to calm down." she says"Do you believe that to be a good idea" she asks.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:09 pm

It wasn't too much of a surprise Cedrick was there, she either was watching or had been inside and came out. Either way didn't matter too much. As for her question, he gave it a bit of thought. The last time there was a big blow up when they were around here, his words hadn't done anything and put him in a worse mood. It took Regina, for whatever she had said to Amanda for them to come around. The latest one before this when she stormed off, he had done just that.

"Going by previous stuff, its a coin flip. I'm gonna talk to them and not let it sit, I'm just making sure I have something in mind of what I'm going to say so I don't make it worse.."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:50 pm

Cedrick shakes her has "I believe it would be best f I were to talk to Amanda." she says "I understand her what she may be going through. Summoning is no easy feat. You are basically opening a portal to another reality and calling forth a very specific type of creature." she explains.

"It is not a skill one learns in one day. If you need proof of that, simply ask Ness. He is waiting out front." she says as she starts out the back, where Amanda went "Amanda's feeling on this matter are justified." she says and heads out.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:03 pm

If that was the case, then maybe Regina was interferring again but regardless he went to go meet up with Ness.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:30 pm

Ness was on the phone with someone when Adell comes out "I'll talk to ya later...." he says, hanging up "Hey man. Did you know you have a giant, three-headed, hell hound in your back yard?" he asks, casually, as if that were an everyday thing for him.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:36 pm

Adell shrugged. "I know, but I don't know how to send it back exactly and they can't really follow me around. Amanda was the one that summoned it, not me. I came out because Cedrick said you were waiting outside."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 21 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next