The More Things Change

Page 17 of 21 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

Go down

Re: The More Things Change

Post by Sion Reaver on Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:09 pm

"We still have some time then, I think. Assuming they come at all during today's night." And assuming they were bad news to begin with, it was important to keep an open mind but be cautious.

It wasn't too much longer before Samantha came over. "Are you thee going stay around a bit longer for the night?" She hoped so, but the three had their own lives and when Valk issue was resolved one way or the other, they'd probably return to it.
Sion Reaver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by namey on Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:16 am

Amanda shrugs "I don't really know. Honestly, I'm not entirely sure what I'm doing here in the first place." she mumbles.

Cedrick doesn't comment on what Amanda says, knowing what she meant "I sall stay as long as needed to put an end to this." she says.
namey
Admin

View user profile http://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver on Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:48 pm

Adell was a bit confused, since literally moments ago she said to stay the night just to be safe. So she must of meant something else, he'd ask them later. "I'm staying over the night, just to be safe."

"It might be a bit cramped.." Samantha said thinking. "But sure you'll manage. There's only about three rooms but there's sharing and on the couch if anyone needs it."
Sion Reaver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by namey on Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:34 am

Cedrick looks over at Adell, a blank look on her face, which seemed to say more than Amanda was, then looks back over to Samantha "I will not be needing a bed." she says "I will stay up to make sure everything remains calm." she says.
namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver on Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:41 am

Samantha left excusing herself, and that's when Adell turned to Amanda. "Something bothering you? You seemed a bit off and unsure just now."
Sion Reaver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by namey on Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:46 pm

Amanda perks up "Of course I'm alright." she says, sounding like her old 'high-and-mighty' self "We should be worrying about what we're going to do when this god of death shows up." she points out.
namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver on Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:37 am

Adell wasn't sure if entirely bought it but you never knew with Amanda. He would let it go for now and take her word for it. Maybe she was bothered by the fact she was in the same boat as he was far as help went. Sure Amanda had mellowed out compared to how she was when they first met but she still had their pride.

"Of course. But I haven't come up with anything else after our earlier meeting today.."
Adell was thinking, turning to Cedrick. "If you both were willing, how long would it take you to teach Amanda how to teleport? Or do we not have that kind of time?" He had an idea but not sure if it would take too long, he wasn't sure he could learn it but Amanda should since they were similar.
Sion Reaver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by namey on Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:47 am

Cedrick shakes her head 'Longer then we have." she says "Many people seem to think that teleportation is something easy to learn, but it is not." she points out.

"One is displacing their mass and relocating it to another location. It is not something that one learns overnight, if at all, and one should Never try to use it for anything other than travel." she states.

Amanda shrugs "That's fine. I don't really want to learn how to teleport just yet anyway." she says, which wasn't true, but she had a feeling that would be the case.
namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver on Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:23 am

Adell wasn't too surprised. Not really. "Figured. So much for that. So what now? Obviously none of us are going to sleep just yet."
Sion Reaver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by namey on Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:25 am

Cedrick walks over to a chair and sits, closing her eyes "I do not know about you both, but I plan on meditating for the time being." she says.

Amanda shrugs "I'm going to grab a shower and get some sleep." she says as she starts up the stairs "We won't be of any use to anyone if we show up to battle tired."
namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver on Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:46 am

Adell thought Amanda had the right idea, its what he had in mind though he knew he wouldn't be able to sleep as much as he wanted. To that end he decided to get a warm glass of milk which he always did to calm his nerves before heading up to go to bed himself.
Sion Reaver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by namey on Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:33 am

Cedrick was sitting on the couch, her eyes closed and Amanda was in the shower. Cedrick's eyes snap open "Someone is coming." she says as she gets off the couch and heads over to the front door, but pauses "It is a messenger. Most likely sent by Vaazlahkol." she mumbles as she pulls out a small metal cylinder, which anyone who watched scifi movies would know it to be an energy blade, and she heads outside.
namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver on Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:33 am

Adell was just about to leave when he heard Cedrick speak up, though he was confused of how she knew it was an messenger. She could take care of herself of course, but he wasn't comfortable just ignoring what was going on. "How do you know?"
Sion Reaver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by namey on Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:41 pm

Cedrick eyes Adell "I have my lesser demons patrolling around, keeping an eye on things." she says "In addition to being connected to them, I also heard someone walking up to the front gate." she says.

She pulls the door open "In a situation such as this one, it pays to be on high alert." she says and heads outside. She wouldn't attack unless attacked.

As it turns out, she didn't have to do anything. It was a normal messenger and she took an envelope from the fellow and headed back in. She holds up the message "This is a message for Samantha." she says.
namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver on Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:23 pm

"Not sure what to make of it." Adell mumbled. "But unless something wrong with it itself she should be allowed to read it."

"Is something wrong?" It was Samantha, she hadn't gone to bed just yet since for her it was on the early side.
Sion Reaver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by namey on Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:21 pm

Cedrick walks over to Samantha "No." she says in a flat tone as she passes the note to Sam "This is for you." she says as she heads out.

The letter was from Vaazlahkol. The writing was very sharp, but had an elegance to it. It also had some misspelled words in it.

"To Samantha...

First off, foregive my spelling as English isn't mi native language. I wished to come two you twoknight, but I reecalled something from earlier, I had come acrosst one of our kind beefore and like you, there was something in her eyes that seemed revolted, maybee even scared, buy what she had come two learned about me.

Why this is, I cannot say. But like her, I had seen the same look on you're face as well. Sew, to spare you any torement, I shell knot bother you any longer. In fact, none shell have two worry about me from hence fourth, as I am returning home.

Unlike some of the other gods of my realm, I have duties that I must preform. It is unlikely that I shell return. However, I fell this is for the best.

Farewell, Samantha. The image of you shell keep me company until the ends of time and beyond...."

At the bottom of the note, was a strange series of symbols, which was, no doubt, Vaazlahkol"s name in his native language. There was also a Small Pendant in the envelope, and on the back of the letter, was the same series of symbols.
namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver on Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:09 pm

Samantha took the pendant after folding the letter neatly away. "From what was said in the letter, they plan on leaving and think I'm repulsed by them. This..doesn't feel right, I need to talk to them before they leave. Could you help me find him Cedrick?"
Sion Reaver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by namey on Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:18 pm

Cedrick thinks for a bit, then nods "Yes. I could, but I will not." she says in the same flat, soulless, tone as before "This is our chance to end this before it even starts and no one will have gotten hurt." she points out "I say we honor his feelings on this matter and leave it be."
namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver on Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:52 pm

That didn't make sense to Samantha, the whole reason this came about was a misunderstanding. Either way she had some things to think about. "..I see. You may be right..either way I'm going to bed. Good night you two."

She excused herself and left for bed, though she wouldn't be getting much sleep. Ultimatelly it was Valk's choice what they wanted to do but it didn't sit right with her spirit leaving things as it were, she just wanted to know it had nothing to do with him personally for what happened earlier. It was her heart telling her it was the right thing to do. Maybe she could use that gift to try to communicate to them before they left?

"I guess that's it for now.." Adell said, thinking of a thing or two. "Not really how I was expecting it to end that way. Are you still staying the night?"
Sion Reaver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by namey on Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:30 pm

Cedrick shakes her head "No. But I will be leaving one of my lesser demons here to keep an eye on things." she says as she heads for the door "Keep an eye on Samantha. To make sure she does not do anything unwise." she says as she heads out.

Amanda nods "Yes. We shall be staying the night." she says "It is, after all, pretty late into the night. Besides, your mother may need you." she points out.
namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver on Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:43 am

"You have a point." Adell admitted. "Its not like I would really be able to sleep too much right now anyway."
Sion Reaver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by namey on Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:00 pm

Amanda frowns slightly "Why not? It's not like anything happened that would keep you up." she points out.

She then shrugs "Well, whatever. You do you I'm going to bed. After you check on Samantha, I suggest you get some sleep as well." she says as she starts off.
namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver on Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:39 pm

It was nothing really serious this time, just sometimes Adell had issues going to sleep right away. Adell left to go talk to Samantha, she seemed to be doing all right and was going to leave things alone which made Adell relieved.

After finishing up, he headed to his and Amanda's room so he could get some sleep. They'd probably leave tomorrow early on.
Sion Reaver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by namey on Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:17 pm

Amanda was sitting on the bed, in her night clothes, talking to Cedrick, who was standing, staring off into the middle distance. Babette was also there as well.

"So, what you're saying is that for Some reason, you've been feeling strange and you don't know Why or even How to explain it?" the demon asks.

Cedrick nods slowly "Yes... I feel, like...I have some kind of power, building up inside of me and I do not know why." she mumbles.

Amanda was swinging her legs off the end of the bed "Maybe mother would know." she suggests "I know that you and she don't get along, but she knows things that we don't, even Babette." she points out.

Cedrick shakes her head "No. I do not wish anything more from her than what I am already getting." she states.

Babette looks over to Adell "Well, well... Look who's here." she says as she gets up and slinks over to hm "Did you come in here and see three young, really hot, women and get excited at the prospect of laying with all three of them at once?" she purrs.
namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver on Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:25 pm

Adell wasn't too surprised Cedrick and Babette were still around, though he was taken back a bit by the comment. "I actually wasn't thinking along those lines when I first came in." He hadn't honestly despite all three being attractive, he wished Babette hadn't put those images in his head. Now it be harder to sleep. "I talked to mom, she isn't going to do anything so its taken care of at least."
Sion Reaver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 21 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next