The More Things Change

Page 16 of 18 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The More Things Change

Post by namey on Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:19 pm

Amanda nods "Oh it is. But you know, I believe I'm up for the challenge." she says. In fact, she Knew she was up for the challenge. After all, she had been preparing all her life for that moment.
namey
Admin

View user profile http://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver on Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:54 pm

Yulina was happy to hear that, but now she had a meal to finish! So she was going to get that so she was nice and ready for the challenges of the day, not that she knew what those were yet.
Sion Reaver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by namey on Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:56 pm

Everything seemed to be going fairly well, as far as the day had gone and Amanda wanted to have a chat with Samantha, and wanders on over to her "Excuse me, grandmother, but do you have some time to spare?" she asks.
namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver on Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:50 pm

"Of course." Samantha excused herself and walked away from the others so they could talk privately with whatever was on the young woman's mind.
Sion Reaver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by namey on Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:05 am

Amanda thinks for a bit on how to word what she wanted to ask Samantha "We've been so focused on keeping Vaazlahkol and my mother from each other, but never stopped to consider your feelings on the matter." she says "Did you want to give Vaazlahkol a chance to prove himself a good person or do you simply wish him to be away from your family?" she asks.
namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver on Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:06 pm

Samantha was silent for a moment, thinking about her answer. "I'm not really against getting to know them if they're an good person. As long as they understand its just that at first. I have no idea how they'll be around Yulina even if they are at good person. She comes first which is why I have to screen men before hand before going any further."

Last edited by Sion Reaver on Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
Sion Reaver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by namey on Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:03 pm

Amanda nods "Even if you're not opposed to giving them a chance, I would still rather be safe than sorry. I'll talk to mother and see if I can stop her from attacking him outright." she says as she stands. She would still give Cedrick a call. If her sister thinks she can help keep Vaazlahkol away, then she would prefer her help, to that of her mother's.
namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver on Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:02 pm

Samantha was of the same mind, just in case it wouldn't hurt to be careful although the process was probably a bit easier said then done. Still it was nice feeling having others concerned about her and Yulina's well being.

Adell had finished his meal and was now cleaning up a bit, if he was here he'd make himself useful. Yulina wanted to help in anyway possible, most kids went through the 'helping' phase but grew out of it, not so much for Yulina.
Sion Reaver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by namey on Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:56 pm

Amanda had called Cedrick and within a minuet, her older sister was there. She knew how to teleport, while Amanda didn't. It made Amanda wonder what else Cedrick knew that she didn't.
namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver on Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:27 am

Samantha, of course, already knew who was going to be there as she opened the door for Cedrick to come inside. "Morning, that was fast. I assume you know already?"
Sion Reaver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by namey on Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:24 am

Cedrick nods "Indeed." she says in an even tone "Also, I can teleport, as I am certain you recall." she says.

Cedrick didn't say anything, but she felt responsible for the current mess. If she hadn't taken Samantha into the mountains, Vaazlahkol wouldn't have found her.
namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver on Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:57 am

"We'll, I appreciate you coming then since you didn't have to. I'm not sure when exactly they're coming but did you want anything to drink or eat in the mean time?" Samantha asked Cedrick. She knew a bit about her history before she became what she was due to Adell and Monica. It wouldn't undo the past, but perhaps an maternal figure would do the young woman some good.
Sion Reaver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by namey on Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:47 pm

Cedrick shakes her head "Did I not have to come?" she asks "Even if it is by an outside extension, you are still, now, family and, for me, there is nothing more important than family." she says "And if by the off chance that things do not go well, I have some insurance waiting." she says.
namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver on Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:11 am

By insurance, Samantha had an idea what she was talking about is if it what she thought it was. Still, she was touched by it. "Thank you, but hopefully it doesn't come to that." She really hoped things went well but she had been around long enough at times it was up in the air. "You're more then welcome to visit besides just emergencies, if you want to. In the mean time, did you want anything to  drink?"

Yulina had lost interest, or rather grew curious of who her mother was talking from her spot in the kitchen. But before she could go investigate she had to finish helping Adell clean up!

Not that Adell needed it and in truth it be faster without her, but it was the thought that counted.
Sion Reaver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by namey on Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:20 pm

Cedrick shakes her head "No thank you." she says. She looks around at everyone. Samantha wasn't doing anything important, neither were Amanda, Adell and Yulina. She knew is Ness were here, he would be working on a plan, in fact, a few plans, just incase things didn't go their way. Not wasting time doing meaningless things.
namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver on Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:45 pm

It wasn't that Adell wasn't thinking at all, its just he did his best thinking doing idle things since it was just how he worked. Whether Amanda was or not he didn't know, but he doubted it.

Seeing as Cedrick had arrived, it was about time for his idea. It wasn't hugely elaborate, it just needed to work. "Mom, Amanda and Cedrick, I have an idea when you're ready."

Samantha mentally shrugged, there wasn't an point in waiting about it now. So she followed him. "I'm listening."

"Okay then.." Adell started. "I was thinking if they proved to be hostile it might be best to be on the safer then sorry side. What I mean to say is, Cedrick can not only protect mom and Yulina, but she can teleport. I don't know how strong Valk is, obviously but if its anything like Amanda said they could be caught in the crossfire even if Cedrick does win. Even if its an lesser degree of things. So with that mind, someone who can teleport them if there's an fight and there's collateral damage seems to be a must either way to be on the safe side."

..Actually come to think of it, that applied to him and Amanda to.
Sion Reaver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by namey on Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:18 pm

Not sure what he expected Amanda to do. While she was stronger than Adell, she probably wasn't stronger than Cedrick And she couldn't teleport "Well, if you need someone to help out with getting the women and children to safety, I suppose I could lend a hand with that." Babette says, leaning against the wall.

Cedrick shakes her head "No need." she says "If things do not go as planned, I have asked Ness to lend a hand." she explains "And he could be here with but a word."

Babette shakes her head "Ness is pretty strong, for a Human, but against a god, he might as well be one of them..." she nods to Adell, Samantha, and Yulina.

This gets a dark look on Cedrick's face "If you wish to see just how strong Ness Really is, I suggest you confront him yourself, however, you might not live past the encounter." she says, a pinch of anger in her tone.

Amanda decides to interject "Okay, Ness is your back up plan incase things go sideways and if That doesn't work out, what do we do then?" she asks.

Cedrick shakes her head "I would not worry about that. If we need Ness, than he will get the job done. Trust me when I tell you, he has the tools for this job."
namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver on Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:35 pm

Adell would say how the mighty have fallen, to be compared to Yulina but he had never been a power house to begin with.  He did think Babette was too dismissive of Ness and by proxy mortals in general but it was a common thing for deities to think they could never be an threat no matter what, not all of course though. But considering their power, epsiecally the stronger ones it would be understandbale.

"I agree. If his natural powers aren't enough, its the stuff he picked up on his journey's." Adell said. "He's been to all matter of places, even works this world would call fictional. If its anyone, its definitely him."

Samantha mulled it over, thinking. "..All right. I'm fine with it." While the Draner in her disliked the idea of being protected, she knew her limits.
Sion Reaver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by namey on Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:57 pm

Cedrick looks over to Samantha "That is good, because this plan is already in motion." she says "When you called me over, that was when things would be done my way. The way that ensures the least amount of collateral damage." she points out.
namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver on Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:59 pm

Samantha nodded a bit. "..I see. Is Ness going to be here or just waiting? Because even if it only takes them literally ten seconds to get here, in a fight, if it comes to that anyway, could make that much of a difference."
Sion Reaver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by namey on Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:10 pm

Cedrick shakes her head "I can not say. He said if we needed him, he would be here for us." she says "Also, the amount of things Ness can do in ten seconds may surprise you." she points out.
namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver on Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:36 am

Samantha couldn't say too much more then that, she didn't much about Ness but from the things Adell told her and briefly meeting him those two times. "All right. I'll leave that to you, if it comes to that."
Sion Reaver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by namey on Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:43 am

The rest of the day went about without incident and it was at this time that Amanda was starting to question if she was right or not. After all, it may have Only been a dream that she had about Vaazlahkol coming for Samantha and her mother being there to stop them.

Cedrick comes walking up "Is everything alright?" she asks.

Amanda shrugs "I don't know. I was so sure that Vaazlahkol was going to show up, that I disrupted a nice getaway and made a beeline back here...and nothing's happening." she mumbles.

Cedrick pats her sister on the head "I am pretty sure that Adell doesn't mind and would rather be here to protect his family, than be somewhere else while they get hurt again." she says.
namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver on Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:51 am

Nothing happened as the day went on, it was both a good thing but also a bit nerve wracking because you were expecting it. However, even if they came it was really only assuming the worse happened. Adell didn't mind being here even if nothing happened, it was his family and he was easy going to begin with.

It be kinda both hilarious and different if the person his mother ended with, if anyone at all was Ness. Simply because the thought of them being an step dad sounded like something from an manga, but stranger things had happened and it wasn't That odd.

Adell was going to talk to Amanda, but decided to give them another minute with Cedrick so they could do a bit more bonding. It be good, since they had an rough start.

He wasn't sure about after, but he wouldn't be opposed to spending the night just to be sure.

Though after a bit longer he went to check on Amanda and Cedrick. "We'll, seems like at least for now the cost is clear. Maybe we should spend the night around here, just to be sure."
Sion Reaver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by namey on Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:37 pm

Amanda nods "Yeah. Better safe than sorry, after all." she mumbles as she gets up.

Cedrick also stands "A creature such as Vaazlahkol thrives in darkness." she says "If anything, he will make his move after darkness falls." she points out.
namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 18 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top