The More Things Change

Page 15 of 18 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The More Things Change

Post by Sion Reaver on Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:26 am

Samantha glowered a bit, in a bad mood but she didn't say anything else as she cooked in silence. An love sick deity and a woman who couldn't accept no, her love life was an mess.

She sighed and continued her work.
Sion Reaver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by namey on Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:42 am

It was about a half hour later when Amanda comes back down, all changed into her fresh clothes. Her cheeks a Bit flushed, which probably meant Babette was right, or close to it.

She wanders into the kitchen "Um, I-is breakfast ready?" she asks, stammering over her words at first.
namey
Admin

View user profile http://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver on Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:11 pm

Samantha chuckled a bit, motioning towards the food. Yulina was eating but her mouth was full so she couldn't talk. "Go ahead, its all ready now. Help yourself Amanda."

Adell Finally came down, not to long after Amanda did.
Sion Reaver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by namey on Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:21 pm

Amanda gets herself something to eat, and looks around, not seeing Babette. She didn't say anything about it. Her friend had either headed home or gone off somewhere. Either way, it wasn't her business where she went.

Later today, if Samantha didn't have anything to do, Amanda wanted to talk with her about what she was going to do if Vaazlahkol came seeking her hand and if Regina had other plans.
namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver on Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:41 pm

After an moment, Samantha spoke up again. "So after this is dealt with do you two have any plans?"

Adell shook his head. "Not really. After making sure you and Yulina are okay, we'll wing it."
Sion Reaver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by namey on Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:45 pm

Amanda nods "Yes. After this situation is resolved, we'll continue what we were doing before hand." she says. If it weren't for the safety of her family, she and Adell would still be up north, enjoying themselves.
namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver on Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:23 pm

"You're..leaving that soon?" Yulina voice sounded a bit hesitant and disappointed.

Samantha patted her on the back. "They'll be back, they just have other things to take care of." She turned back to Amanda and Adell. "But in the mean time, before all that we can enjoy each other's company in the mean time."
Sion Reaver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by namey on Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:28 pm

"Indeed, we certainly Can, enjoy, each other's company." Babette says as she wanders over to the food "Smells divine...may I have a taste?" she asks, smiling at Samantha.
namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver on Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:55 pm

The source of Samantha's irritation walked into the room and while her words Seemed harmless, she been around long enough and knew what they wanted to read between the lines. However just because Babette wasn't her favorite person, she hadn't Done anything at the given moment so she wasn't going to be rude. "If you want, feel free."

"Morning Babette!" Yulina said cheerfully, obvilous to her mother's internal monlogue.

Samantha turned to Adell "Adell? When did you get that?"

It took an moment for Adell to realzie he was talking about the gem. "Oh? This thing? Like an day or so ago. I was on the fence about it for a long time, but I finally ended up caving. It also means my life is going to be a bit more hectic then I'm used to."
Sion Reaver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by namey on Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:02 pm

Babette does, indeed, help herself, to the food. Amanda watches her friend, then looks over to Adell "Since you'll be hanging around with me for the foreseeable future, you would have an 'exciting' life with or without the gem." she points out.
namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver on Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:51 pm

Adell shrugged, conceding what was pointed out. "Point taken."

Yulina heard the words 'exciting' and the fact the gems were pretty caught her interest. "Can I have one then?"

Adell chuckled a bit. "Its not that simple, and its not up to me. Besides I think you're too young for that sort."

"Oh.." Yulina said, sounding dissaponted.
Sion Reaver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by namey on Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:20 pm

*Actually, the younger she gets a gem, the better she can learn to control it for when she grows up...* Amanda thinks as she continues with her meal.

Babette looks over to Yulina "Oh now not to worry, little one. You are certainly not too young for one of Mistress Regina's gems. In fact, I could speak to her later and see what she thinks about getting you one." she purrs "I could teach you to use it, personally."
namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver on Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:29 pm

Yulina perked up, then paused looking at her mother. "Can..can I have one then?"

Samantha mulled it over, she really didn't want Babette longer then needed and she may be around more if she was teaching Yulina. Still she didn't put her personal feelings there, as for for some reason Yulina seemed to like them. "I don't have an issue with it."
Sion Reaver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by namey on Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:48 pm

Amanda shakes her head "No. Yulina doesn't need one of mother's gems, nor will you talk with mother about getting one for her." she says to Babette. She needing to the voice of reason here.

She looks over to Samantha "Grandmother, I don't wish to, or presume to, tell you how to raise your daughter, but giving her a gem of pure chaos, which will Draw chaos to her, isn't a good idea, by any means." she points out.
namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver on Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:24 pm

Samantha mulled it over a bit, then nodded. "You were raised with it so you know far better then I do. I was under the impression it just meant more eventful, not potentially dangerous." Adell loooked a bit sheepish at that but she ignored it. "So I'll leave it alone."
Sion Reaver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by namey on Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:46 pm

Amanda raises a brow "All chaos is potentially dangerous. That is, by it's very nature, the essence of chaos." she points out "Still, I don't believe Yulina should have one of these gems, even when she's older."
namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver on Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:50 pm

Samantha nodded. "That sounds fair, I'll leave it alone then." There was really nothing more to it, of course when Yulina was an adult or old enough that was a different story.
Sion Reaver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by namey on Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:08 pm

It really wasn't, if Amanda said no the first time, chances were good she would say no the second time and since her mother was unlikely to show up out of the 'Goodness' of her heart, there was little chance a nonbeliever would gain her attention.

Amanda decided to change the subject "So, auntie, what do you want to be when you grow up?" she asks Yulina. kids her age are always thinking of what they would Like to be when they grow up.
namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver on Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:17 pm

Yulina was eating, but she knew it was rude to eat with her mouth full so she made sure she was done before she spoke. "Um.." She started, trying to think. "I think..I think..maybe a teacher? I dunno yet."
Sion Reaver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by namey on Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:25 pm

Amanda nods. It was a reasonable job and something that was very much within the grasp of reality. "I believe that you'll make a wonderful teacher." she says with one of her rare smiles.
namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver on Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:46 pm

"Oh, thank you." Yulina said happily, accepting the little bit of praise. "What about you?"

"She's already grown up for the most part Yulina." Samantha said.

"Yeah..but.." Yulina tried to put her feelings into words. "But people don't always know even when older, I think.."
Sion Reaver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by namey on Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:02 pm

Amanda didn't even have to think about this one "I plan on succeeding my mother and becoming the next Dark Goddess of Chaos." she says, as if that much was a certain fact "Once I rule over all Chaos, I believe I shall take a more proactive role in things. After all, chaos begets chaos and for a goddess of chaos, that could only be a good thing." she says with a nod.
namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver on Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:31 pm

"Oh..." Yulina wasn't sure about that stuff, but she found it cool. "Do you have to be the same type of Goddess you're born as or can you change it?" She honestly didn't know and was curious.
Sion Reaver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by namey on Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:38 pm

Amanda thinks for a bit "You can be something different, if you meet the criteria for it, if another god give the position to you, or, uh, by another means." she dodges the final way. Meaning it was a way that Yulina probably shouldn't hear about at the moment.
namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver on Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:34 am

Yulina tilted her head a bit, but thankfully seemed to let the subject drop on the last part. "Oh, okay. Sounds hard."
Sion Reaver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 18 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top