Out And About

2 posters

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

Out And About - Page 2 Empty Re: Out And About

Post by Namey Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:24 pm

Mondo nods "That was good. I want another on." he mumbles as he gets up and orders himself another burger. He comes back after a bit "There's nothing wrong wish having goals of self improvement." he says "As for me, I'm quite content where I am."
Namey
Namey
Admin

https://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:32 pm

"Nothing wrong with that either. Its just a matter of perception."
Kobe said, drinking a bit. "Jack did say his old team was quite large, so I wonder if this one will ever rival or exceed it one day. Not that I know how many were there."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:36 pm

Mondo shakes his head "No. It won't come close to rivaling our old team. In either memebers or power." he says "It's nothing to do with the members he Has, it's just that there aren't Nearly as many candidates to choose from and the ones that Do come forth, see it more as a job and not a calling." he points out "Most of them only care about a paycheck and not helping to save lives."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:38 am

Ramona had something on her mind she wanted to swing by Jack and finally came to an decision by now. It didn't take her too long before she found them. "Jack, do you have a moment?"

"Then there might be something to it." Elora stated, "Hunters have a decent group population and they don't accept people that are just there. So something to think about is this new enviorment, people are people and many things are shared, but this another place. Not saying to lower standards, just merely think about the world you're in. Presentation and first impression is everything is this sort of thing."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:20 am

Jack looks over to Ramona "Ramona, when it comes to my team, I always have the time. What's on your mind?" he asks.

Mondo shrugs "It honestly doesn't matter to me who Jack picks for his team. I'm only here for a limited time." he says "You see, two of his members took for on some personal matters and it's up in the air if they'll be back and he had recently lost another field member to desk duty." Mondo explains "So it's still up in the air if Jack will still have a team for every long or not, the way he keeps losing members." he says.

"Which comes back to the 'It's a calling, not a job' thing we were talking about before. Some who show up think it's like a neighborhood watch and after a mission or two, they decide this lifestyle isn't for them." he says, sounding like he has said these exact words before "He's already lost One member and said member came back and now he's probably gonna lose him again." he points out "But that's the thing about Jack, he's willing to give a person a second chance, but not a third one."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:42 am

"Thanks for having me." Ramona started then decided to get to the point. "So after more thinking and everything else added together I decided it would be a good idea to give the young woman Zyna the benefit of the doubt. Or at least a chance."

"For one, without them my..children wouldn't likely even be around." She mumbled, still not liking that fact. "Not as many people would get directly involved. They expressed actual interest in joining from my talks with them as well. We gave Sam a chance and he when our first meeting was him trying to kill one of our own and he ended up turning into a wonderful well mannered young man. But we would have never have known that if we had simply wrote them off. So I'm just requesting just talk with them, if nothing else at least."

Kobe could understand that sort of reasoning, the group needed people that were at least going to be around a few years before they decided they were done. "I see. If you're only going to be in here shortly and temporarily, then its probably a good idea to make our next stop the base. That way you can meet everyone else there."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:31 pm

Jack listen to what Ramona has to say "Ramona, I always have time for my teammates. As for Zyna, could you give me a quick rundown on her powers and her address and I'll go and talk with her when I have a moment." he says "Also, if yo have someone you would like me to check out, you don't have to sell them to me." he chuckles.

Mondo waves a clawed hand "I've already met everyone and from what Jack said, you two are the only newest members of the group to join up in a bit." he points out.

As the three were talking, a Young Man comes running up to the group. Since Mondo didn't have any reaction, one could assume that he knew this newcomer. "Hey Mondo!" he says, out of breath "Sorry I'm late. I had some loose ends to tie up." he says.

Mondo waves his clawed hand again "No worries, Dave. I was just getting to know some of our teammates." he gestures to Kobe and Elora "Kobe, Elora, this is David. Jack's brother Dave, tis is Kobe and Elora." he says, introducing the three.

Dave holds out a hand "It's good to meet you two. I have a feeling that we'll work pretty well together." he says with a friendly smile on his face.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:00 pm

Ramona smiled. "We'll, I already had written it in down just in case before hand." She reached into her pocket to give Jack what she had written down. "It has all you need."

Kobe shook the other man's hand. "Its nice to meet you Dave. Me and my friend are still adjusting to things but its what we do for a living, or did."

Elora also shook his hand. "I had no idea Jack had a brother. Younger or older?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:02 pm

Jack takes the piece of paper and gives it a quick look to see what was on it, then looks to Ramona "I'll have Buddy do some checking out on her and if all looks well, I'll give her a call and set up a meeting." he says "Was there anything you could tell me before I start a profile on her? he asks.

Dave thins on how best o answer the question "Chronologically, I am. I was born first, but Actual age wise, Jack is. If that makes any sense." he says.

"On our Earth, we have a drug that slows the aging process.Dave's been on it for a while now." Mondo starts "Jack, on the other hand, kicked the habit when he got a girl on this Earth." he says.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:34 pm

"She's an dimensional immigrant like you are. Zyna is fairly powerful, around my level but can lift a bit more but she used to be a lot more powerful. She used be apart of a special defense force that dealt with giant monsters, think Cloverfield or Pacific Rim. Old movies, but only thing I can think of for an idea."
Ramona said.

Elora found that pretty interesting. "I could see how that can be useful. Would also help with couples of different races so they don't drastically outlive their partner. I assume that was partly in mind since Jack's life would of been extremely long lived."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:19 pm

Jack nods "I'll check her out. If nothing else, we'll have a new member at the most." he says "As for giant monsters, I'm certain me and Ramona can handle them and if not, I Know Alice could." he chuckles "But if things get Too out of hand, Will would step in and put a stop to the monster." he points out.

Mondo nods "Yup. Though, ironically enough, Jack married a girl who had a very long life span." he say.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:30 pm

Ramona chuckled. "I wouldn't worry about it. That was just her own dimension so that doesn't apply here. I hate to say it my friend,  but if things like King Ghiidorah existed, we'd be in serious trouble but I digress since it doesn't exist here. Giant monsters are one thing, Kaiju are another beast entirely. Anyway, I'm going to let you go, unless you need me for anything."

Kobe wasn't too surprised at that, but he was curious. "If you don't mind me asking, what can you two do? Are you similar to Jack? I'm something called a Nosferartu, my race uses shadow energy as their main defense and offense. Elora here is a Ki user, not sure if its a skill set practiced where you're from."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:49 pm

Jack shakes his head "Nope. I'm all good on my end." he says "Though, now that you mention them, I was wondering how your kids are doing?" he asks. He wouldn't tell Ramona how to raise her family, since she most likely had more experience at it than he did.

Mondo nods "Yeah. We're both like Jack. After all, Dave's his brother." he says with a slight shrug.

"All three of us are Mutations, carrying the X-Gene." Dave pipes in "As you may have guessed by looking at Mondo, the X-Gene randomly mutates from person to person, giving us all different powers" he explains "For my mutation, I can turn into a living diamond-like material with it's own benefits and additional abilities." he says.

Mondo waves his hand "As you can see, my mutation is quite obvious. I have additional powers as well and those will come into play later, I'm sure." he says "In the mean time, we should probably head to the base, let Jack know we're here." he says to Dave.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:05 pm

Ramona smiled. "They're doing well. Aiko is her usually happy and excitable self. Kimiko seems to becoming a Bit less withdrawn, at least with the people she's more comfortable with. I've been around a long time; this isn't my first time raising children."

Kobe paid what little food he got, seeing as that was a cue as any to get heading back. "It's about time I headed back to base anyway, I just wanted to stretch my legs a bit. Are you coming Elora?"

His partner shrugged. "Yeah. Besides, I got what I was hunting for in the first place."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:41 pm

Jack nods. He never questioned that and wondered why Ramona thought to include it, but he guessed it didn't matter "Well, if there's nothing else, I shall take my leave." he says "Until later." he waves.

Mondo nods "Well, I'll meet you three back at the base." he says and was suddenly gone.

Dave sighs "Mondo's always in a hurry" he says as he starts off. He was using a mini map to find his way to the base "Now me, I prefer to take things a bit slowerand enjoy all that life has to offer." he says.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:09 pm

Ramona bid him a farewell before heading off, to see what her family was doing. She wasn't sure how things would turn out with Zyna but she had done her part, now it was just time to focus on the things back here at home.

"I agree. I don't like rushing, though I suppose there is some merit to the idea of it sometimes depending on what it is." Kobe hadn't really seen them move, he assumed it was just their speed and they didn't teleport.

"Are you going to be a normal part of the team, or just staying until Jack's new team is stablizied?"
Elora asked idly. She wouldn't be surprised if that was the case, but she didn't know.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:49 pm

Dave shrugs "Well, I'm normally suppose to only be a fill in until Jack can get a stable team, but since I don't really have anything going for me back home, I might see about staying here." he says "Jack's always told me about how this dimension is, in constant trouble and I'm certain my abilities will be of use, but who can really say at the moment."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:09 pm

"I've traveled all around this world, and never touched on any other planets, much less any dimensions. It sounds really interesting, but I have enough to focus on here. Maybe one day, assuming I would have any actual means to do so." For now, Kobe was content just to be here. Besides, while he didn't have a family or anything tying him down, he dd have some things to do here first.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:23 pm

Dave shrugs "Dimensional travel is, disorientating​, at best." he says "There can be Many different things about the same planet in a different dimension or there could be something Very minor that you would swear you were in the same dimension." he explains "Personally, I would avoid traveling to other dimensions. Now other Planets? I've never been on any. It's always been Earth for me." he points out.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:29 pm

"But would it be different dimensions, or different multiverses?" Elora asked no one in particular. "And what would be the difference?"

"I can't claim to be an expert or anything, not like we have any dimensional travel here and String Theory and all that is just theory. Though, to me personally, I would think a Multiverse like its own galaxy that's cut off from the others to simplify it. All the worlds are different, with their own beings and maybe even rules. But they All have fundamental laws that cut across. Laws we take for granted like mass, gravity may not work like we view them in another Multiverse. I for example may not even be able to use my powers depending where I go, or be weaker simply because that worlds laws of physics aren't compatible. Not that I'm claiming to know for sure."

Zyna was absolutely ecstatic.

Why?

We'll simply put she had reached her goal of getting every common card she had wanted from this new earth based card game that was all the rage. Her roomate didn't see the appeal to it but she could care less, she had been hooked on it and she would no be denied what was hers.

Except for all the other times, but she didn't count those.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:35 pm

Dave shrugs "It would be a different dimension. A dimension is like an alternate version of the reality that you were just in. A multiverse is a series of different dimensions stringed together by a 'Prime Realm' ,as it were." he explains "What you may be thinking of is a realm versus a dimension. A realm is a different part of the same dimension. At least, that's how it was explained to me." he finishes.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:41 pm

"Perhaps. It's not like I know this first hand." Kobe said. "Was Jack or someone else was the one who explained that to you?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:01 pm

Dave nods "It was out team leader, Mickey. He was giving a lecture on it one day and I decided to attend the class. He can be a little hard to understand at times, but he's good at hammering a point home." he says.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:15 pm

"Not really my area. I like concepts I can understand and apply to day to life and people stuff. That kinda thing never interested me much, Kobe on the other hand has a passing interest
." Elora couldn't say they weren't useful, just she knew her lane.

"It all has its time and place." Kobe said mildly. "Personally, I jus find it a good idea to not only challenge yourself physically, but mentally even if you disagree. The brain is like an muscle like everything else, you don't use it, you lose it."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:32 pm

Dave blinks in slight confusion "But the brain isn't..." then it dawns on what Kobe was getting at "Oh...Oh! I see what you mean. Yes, if you don't use it, you'll lose it." he says.

They finally get to the shop and run into Jack! He stops dead in his tracks "Dave?" he asks in surprise, before getting his brother in a hug "Holy crap! David! What the Hell are you doing here?" he asks as he lets go of his brother and claps him on the back "I thought you were going to college for your painting. Whatever the case is, I'm glade to see another familiar face. he says. Jack seemed to be overjoyed that his brother was here.

Dave caught his breath after Jack let him breath "At first I was, but Mondo told me, after he came back from his first trip here, that you needed a medic, so I switched majors so I could help." he explains "And while I'm not a doctor Yet, in a few more years I'll be one for sure. In the mean time, I'm here to help until you find someone better." he states.

Jack gives Dave a light squeeze on the shoulder "Bro, I couldn't think of anyone I would rather have looking out for my team's health than you." he says with a grin "Now, if you will all excuse me, I'm off to check out another potential member." he says.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum