Home is where your heart is

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Home is where your heart is

Post by Exaultedsoulessone on Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:15 pm

The bus pulled into the station and the breaks hissed as the large vehicle stopped and parked. The doors opened and a dozen people exited. One man dressed in black came off the bus last. He did this on purpose. That way his luggage was taken off by the time he exited the vehicle. He grabbed his duffel bag and swung it over his shoulder. Exiting the bus station he looked around. The familiar sounds and smells of home rushed to his senses.

Bad Rad took a deep breath and turned to his right and headed down the sidewalk. It had been a little over a year since he was here. Traveling the world, fighting in competitions and tournaments. Both sponsored and underground. He continued down the sidewalk for a while until he came to his street. He made it halfway down when he noticed that three men were hanging outside a building. As soon as they saw him the mustered from their places and blocked his way. One of them looked at him and held up a hand. "Hold up homey. This is our street. You wanna pass you gotta buy one. Empty your pockets ese."

Bad didn't want to fight. He was tired from his travels and he was almost home. He dropped his bag and reached into his pocket and pulled out a wad of cash. It was about a hundred dollars in 20's and 10's and change. He held it up. "Just take it, i'm tired and don't feel like kickin your asses right now." another man walked up and looked at Bad closely, "Lookit em, he's dressed like that one dude we seen fight a while ago. Wasn't he like all washed up or somethin?"

The third thug pointed to the bag, "Whatever man, we'll take that bag there too."  the other two nodded in agreement. "Yeah man, these are our streets." Bad put the money back in his pocket and sighed. "These may be 'Your streets' But this is MY city." He pulled his cap backwards and took a step back. The first thug nodded "Oh you got jokes hunh Puta?" He took a step towards Bad and reached quickly for him. Bad simply stepped forward into the man punching him in the solar plexus. The thug stood a moment and then fell to his knees. Bad stepped past him and looked to the others. They both rushed him and Bad launched a cross at one and a jab at the other.. This was enough to make them take a step back. Bad then lashed out with a quad kick, kicking each low twice and then high twice with the same leg. He finished them off with a spinning hook kick.

Bad walked back and picked up his bag. "Let's not do this again." He then made his way back down the sidewalk. Soon he made it to his building. His gym. He went in through the back door and through the office. The place was still open during normal business hours right now it was closed. He made his way up stairs to his apartment. Unlocking it he entered and dropped his bag and picked up his mail. Going through it he sorted it and set it on the coffee table for tomorrow. He was tired and he smelled like bus. Stripping his clothes he made his way to the shower. Soon after he fell into his bed and passed out.

The next morning or what could be considered morning Bad woke up to the sounds of people down stairs in the gym. He checked the clock and it was a little past 10 am. He groaned a bit and kicked the sheets off. Getting dressed he made his way downstairs. There were about a dozen people hitting the weights, heavy bags and sparing in the ring. There were a lot of new people. Especially the trainers. He stood there for a while watching everyone. One of the trainers came up to him. A young man with one of those lumberjack beards. "Hey there, you lookin to train?" Bad looked to the man and quirked an eyebrow. The man's gaze went pat Bad to a poster on the wall. His eyes widened and he took a step back.

Just then a woman came up to Bad. She was of Japanese decent. However she clearly spoke like an american. She handed Bad a cup of coffee. "Trevor why don't you pick your jaw up off the ground and get back to work." She then looked to Bad who took the cup. "Welcome back." Bad took a sip and nodded "Thanks Suki." He looked back at the gym. "Place seems to be doing well." Suki Kondo leaned against the wall next to Bad. Her small athletic frame was relaxed. "Yup, I told you when you left I would take care of it. I did have to get rid of Frankie though. He just couldn't keep up. Also, he was a sexist ass hat." Bad barked a laugh and took another sip. "I also did a little restructuring and i've increased our profits by thirty one percent." Bad gestured with his mug. "We got a lot of new faces. Anyone here got some potential?"

Suki nodded towards her office. She pushed herself off the wall and made her way there. Bad followed and entered. He sat down and took another sip of her coffee. Suki at down and shook her head. "Nah, no one wants to train like that anymore. All these people here are more the weekend warrior type." Bad nodded "I figured, not many people do anymore. You hear anything from Mad?" Suki shook her head "Nope, how about you?" Bad also shook his head. It was her turn to nod. "You wanna say a few words to the troops?" Bad shook his head "Not right now, I just want to take it all in and relax a bit. It's been a long year." The both sat and finished their coffee.
Exaultedsoulessone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Home is where your heart is

Post by namey on Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:30 pm

KT had gotten a message from one of his old gang members that Bad was back in town and the former martial artist jumped up and headed out at once. It didn't take KT long to get to Bad's dojo, he often headed there to help out however he could. It was the least he could do for his friend.

He wanders on in, having to some of the people he helps out. KT could see many former gang members in here, helping the community they had hurt long ago. It did KT's heart good to see them helping out.

KT walks over to the main office and knocks. He had some things to talk to Bad about. *Some good, some Bad, and some Mad.*he thinks with a silent chuckle to himself.
namey
Admin

View user profile http://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Exaultedsoulessone on Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:46 pm

Bad and Suki sat for a bit in silence when there was a knock at the door. Suki started to get up when Bad held up his hand. He stood setting down his coffee and walked to the door. He opened it and look up. He saw KT and smiled. "Holy shit! KT!!" He took his friend by the shoulder and pulled him into the office. "Suki this is my friend KT!" Suki nodded and smiled. "Yeah he comes by and helps out. He helped me get rid of the assholes who were 'training' the fighters here."

Bad paused a moment. "So.... you've met?" Suki laughed "Yeah we've met. You actually introduced us." Bad cocked his head to one side. "Oh yeah!" He moved over and pulled up another chair. "Have a seat man, how've you been?" Bad was excited to see his friend. It had been a long while.
Exaultedsoulessone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by namey on Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:42 pm

KT claps Bad on the shoulder "Hey man, it's good to see ya after all this time." he says, a grin on his face "Hey, Suki." he says to the young woman as he takes a seat "I heard you were in town and I had to come and see ya, man." he says, a grin still on his face "After all, you're my main competition." he chuckles.

He takes a breath "But in all seriousness, I have some news on a few fronts." he says, sobering up "First of all, there's a talent scout hitting all the gyms. He's looking for the next big Johnny Cage and apparently he heard that there were some outstanding fighters in Fury City..." he says as he strokes his chin with a goofy 'smug' on his face "And he's on the hunt." he explains "He came by the Tiger Gym yesterday and he seen some flyers for your gym. Not sure if he's been here yet.But just the heads up."
namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Exaultedsoulessone on Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:25 pm

Bad barked a laugh, "Not me man, I can't act worth shit. I will however endorse my best friend." Suki nodded "I agree with Bad." Bad also nodded. "Yeah we can have an exhibition or somethin." He crossed his arms. "Don't worry, i'll make you look good."

He let that sink in a bit. "So, what else's been goin on in the city." He expected things to get a bit rough with him and his brother gone. They weren't the only fighters in the city. Vigilantes they've been called. However with the exception of KT the others while good were not as good as the Bad, Mad and KT.
Exaultedsoulessone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by namey on Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:54 pm

Bad didn't need to let anything soak in. KT knew Bad was more skilled than he was. In fact, not only was Bad more skilled, he was also a bit faster and stronger than KT. But there was one thing KT had on both Bad and Mad from the old days, KT was way tougher. He could tank damage like no ones business.

Still, KT would appreciate looking good in front of this talent scout. As a gym owner, he could only do s much, but as a celebrity, he could do much to help Fury.

KT nods slowly "That was the Good. Now for the Bad." he starts "There's a new Boss in town trying to unite all the gangs. Much like a certain 'Somebody' we once knew." he says, obviously referring to Boss Man, which was still a sour subject to him.

"So far, he's managed to get all the smaller gangs under him, but he's still having trouble with some of he bigger ones and some of the more dangerous ones like the Brown Coats and the Drowned Ones, he's steering clear of for now." he explains.

Most wouldn't really know or remember the Brown Coats. They were KT's gang and after the fall of the Boss Man, KT was having his gang help fix the damage the Boss Man did. As for the Drowned Ones, anyone from Fury knew who they were and knew well enough to stay away from their docks.

"So far, he hasn't done Too much illegal, but it's only a matter of time before he makes his move." he says in a low tone "I've got my boys keeping an ear and eye out for when he makes his move and when he does, we'll be ready this time."
namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Exaultedsoulessone on Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:00 pm

Bad's smile faltered. He took in a deep breath and blew it out. He shook his head. "I know it was only a matter of time. But damn. I really thought we had this shit fixed." He stood and started pacing. "The Drowned one's have their own code. This new guy starts in on them then he's screwed. I know you got your people. But this vigilante stuff barely works. We got lucky with Boss, but I mean it's like a handful of people against hundreds even thousands of bangers."

Bad knew what this city needed. Part of the decline of this city was that the city was so under budget that the most of the police force was laid off. Private security companies would make a killing. "My point is, it's gonna take more than just us if shit hits the fan." He sits down and takes his coffee. "We're all capable fighters, but we're just a few. We need something more."

Suki nodded "Well, I agree with you Bad. However you've been gone a while. Some things have changed. Our gym and the Tiger Gym have been working closely with one another. We've been planning. Getting our collective shit together. We may not be one hundred percent but we're getting there."

Bad nodded, "I..." He nodded "I need to go train." He looked to KT "First things's first. We need to get your ass to Hollywood." He said with a smile.
Exaultedsoulessone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by namey on Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:17 pm

KT places a hand on Bad's shoulder "Hey man, don't worry about this poser. Like I said, he's only got the smaller gangs and even at their max, they're no match for all the bigger ones combined. That's why he's trying to get the Drowned Ones on his side." he says "They may be smaller than most of the older gangs, but they're a whole lot deadlier and That's why he wants them, because then he could use them, to get all the other larger ones on board. But they're Not budging." he chuckles slightly.

He takes a breath "Well, that was he Good, the Bad, and now for the Mad." he says, knowing this would get Bad's full attention "I've been keeping my ear to the ground for any information on your bro and from what I've heard, he had joined the Hunters for a spell. Rumors were, he was using their resources to track someone or something down." he explains "And that he's Somewhere in Japan. That's all I have on Mad." he finishes.

KT perks up as he remembers something "Oh! I have some even Better news! I remembered it wen you mentioned training." he says "I was going through the Master's old training journals and I found something very interesting about the elemental attacks that you use.Fire and Wind." he pauses slightly to see if he had Bad's attention, which h knew he did "It would seem that with those two elements, you can branch out into a third. Lightning."
namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Exaultedsoulessone on Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:37 am

Bad cocked his head to the side and thought a moment. He listened intently to everything KT said. Especially about that Mad situation. "Okay, I'm gonna tackle each one in terms of severity." He stood and started pacing, "Lightening, are you serious? Master found a way for me to create lightening? That's amazing, I can't wait to start training in it." He looked to KT. "You're gonna be my sparing partner." He actually enjoyed sparing with KT.

"As for the new boss trying to gather the gangs. You're right, he's not that big of a threat now. I don't think we should wait until he gathers his forces. I think we should strike sooner rather than later. But we'll talk about this later."

Bad started to pace. "Now for Mad. The Hunters I can understand they do have a lot of resources. Now... Japan. He was in Japan." He stopped pacing and quickly turned to face Suki and KT, "I JUST came back from there!!!" He shouted and raided his hands to the side of his head. "What the FUCK?!" He looked around for something, anything. Like he was going to punch it. He seemed to deflate after a moment. Sitting down he shook his head. "Sonofabitch... Does anyone know what it is he's looking for? Is it the Demonicus? Or something else?" He picked up his coffee and finished it off. "Dammit."
Exaultedsoulessone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by namey on Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:19 pm

Kyle took note that Bad didn't Ask if he was going to train with him, but rather, it was a statement. KT didn't have a problem with this, Bad was a good sparing partner and KT always learned something new from Bad.

Now, as for Bad's outburst, KT was use to them and knew he would cool down soon. He would still be pissed, but he and Suki wouldn't need to restrain him, as if they Really could when Bad gets serious.

KT shrugs "I honestly couldn't say, but it's a good bet." he says. He wasn't sure if Suki had ever encountered the Demonicus, but he had and he was very certain it wasn't something he Ever wanted to repeat again.

"If you like, I can make a few calls and set you up with one of the quickest planes to Japan." KT offers. He knew Bad had Just gotten here and probably wasn't planning on traveling so soon, but still, KT would make the call and set everything up for when Bad was ready.
namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Exaultedsoulessone on Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:52 pm

Bad thought about it for a moment. Then he shook his head. "No, that's okay. I've spent a long time searching for him. The reason I came back to the city is because I'm just... tired. It's not that i'm giving up I just need to take a break. If he wants to be found then he'll turn up." He winced a bit. "I love my brother but damn. Trouble seems to follow him around like a lost dog." Looking to KT "For now, I wanna relax, take care of my town and focus on your new career." Finishing his coffee "Just let me know what you need bro."
Exaultedsoulessone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by namey on Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:15 pm

KT understood where Bad was coming from. Mad was, in his own way, a pretty good guy. But with that thing he kept wearing, and what it was doing to him, could he even still be called Bad's brother? Though, KT had an idea to see if Mad was still able to call himself their family.

KT chuckles a bit "Well, let's not get too ahead of ourselves. I might not want the job or I could be a terrible actor." he points out. Though, the truth was, he Did wan the part and he, at least, considered himself a decent actor.

KT stands to get another water "So what about you?" he says, addressing Bad "Do you plan on retiring and getting into training others, like me, or will you keep on kicking all kinds of ass and taking names in the street fighting circuit?" he asks.
namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top