Just Working

2 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Just Working - Page 5 Empty Re: Just Working

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:04 pm

"That's fantastic."
Devin mumbled. "But if what you say is true then that means all the victims won't even have closure. They'll just be gone."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:50 pm

Ness shakes his head "They won't need to worry about closure, because in a day at most, they won't even remember they had kids." he points out "When I say that they will be erased, I Mean it. All photos, all documents, all memories. Everything that proved that they were even alive, will be gone." he states.

"Some advice from one who's old enough to know better? Forget this case. Return the money to the parents and say that you've hit a dead end. In a bit, they won't even remember Why they hired you." he says.
Namey
Namey
Admin

https://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:33 pm

Devin really did Not like the idea. At all. But he couldn't deny what Ness had said. "I really don't like it. But given what you said, they won't even remember why we were hired so the case will have to be dropped." It still left a bad taste in Devin's mouth though, understandbaly.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:41 pm

Ness looks over to Devin "If it means That much to you, there IS a way to bring back their existence and, if you play your cards right, even their lives. But both require more work than most are willing to put into, for two complete strangers." he says "And to do both, you simply need a power greater than the one who created that hellish dimension." he points out "SImple, huh?"
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:48 pm

"Probably not.." Leon said, more to himself. He had noted Danny hadn't said much either, but he was probably thinking.

"Do you know anything that would qualify?" Devin asked Ness, if not he was going to call it a day. There wasn't an need to bang his head against an wall.

Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:03 pm

Ness nods "I know of quite a few." he says "The most well known would be the Dragon Balls, then there's the Tri-Force, next you have a deity or some kind, there's also dimensional doppelgangers, and last but Certainly not least, the Infinity Gems." he was pretty sure they hadn't heard fo that last one, however "Leon and Danny know about the Dragon Balls and the Tri-Force respectively." he points out.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:43 pm

(I don't know if Danny ever told Devin about the Tri force if so I'll edit)

"Leon knows about them, but not where they are. That was part of the point of them joining aboard originally. I knew about them before but didn't think they were a real thing. No idea about the other two. There some type of catch to the Dragonballs? And where could we find them?"  Best to start somewhere.

At the Dragonball talk, it caught Leon's interest. He'd have to talk to Ness about something before he left, but it actually wasn't about the Dragonballs.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:53 pm

((No, Danny never mentioned the Tri-Force or much about his past, other than he's looking for his sister.))

Ness nods "Yeah, as far as my knowledge goes, yo need to fight and defeat the guardian of the Earth ,who is the one who almost singlehandedly turned back the Space Pirate invasion some years ago." he points out "As for where to find the Dragon Balls, again, as far as I know, the Guardian keeps the on Kami's Lookout." he says.

"As for the Tri-Force, it's a big golden triangle that was made by three very powerful goddesses and the strength of the wish is determined by how much the user Really wants it." he explains again "Though, it won't hep you at the moment, since it's currently in the scared realm and it's wish granting essence is with someone else for the time being." he says, getting a look from Danny.

"And finally, the Infinity Gems. The are six ingots of infinite might that hold absolute command over the complete aspects of Time, Space, Power, Reality, the Mind, and the Soul." he goes on "Whoever manages to collect all six can do ANYTHING they want. The word 'Impossible' no longer exists for them. However, even I don't know where they are, unlike the other two."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:07 pm

Devin waited for Ness to finish before talking. "It seems to me the only semi viable option is the second one. I'm strong in my own way but not 'defeat advanced armies' strong. Third one makes me weary on principal even I did know where it was. ..That is assuming I don't forget mid quest since you said people would forget about them by the end of the day."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:17 pm

Ness nods slowly "Well, there Are ways around that..." he looks over to Danny "He won't have to worry about losing his memory of these events..." he says, which seems to make Danny a bit uncomfortable.

Then Ness looks back to Devin "You can either make a video to remind yourself about the importance of your mission, you can be touched by the divine, or I can mess with your memory to keep it in your mind." he suggests "After all, the mind never Truly forgets anything and only a Very powerful force can get rid of memories permanently."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:59 pm

Devin shook his head. "I'll go with the video thing. No offense, but had enough people poking in my head for a life time by past experiences even if they mean well."

Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:42 pm

Ness shrugs "That's up to you..." he says as he pulls out his phone and opens a movie file and shows it to Devin.

Ness was standing in a room with the windows blacked out and a single light, probably from the phone, Ness looked a bit worse for wear "Okay, so I'm making this video incase things go well. Because if it does, then the bombs won't drop, the world won't be destroyed, and billions won't lose their lives..." he says.

"At 2:14 am Eastern time, on August  29th,  artificial intelligence called Skynet becomes self aware and launches nukes across the world, destroying almost Everything." Ness explains "The survivors of the fire lived through that Hell only to face the rise of the machines..." he explains.

"Now, our plan is to send someone back in time to, hopefully, Stop this from happening. If it work, all traces f this timeline will be gone, except for this message, mainly because my toys are out of temporal flux wit this world. So while I'll forget, I can always review this message to help in any way that I can..." he says as he looks past the phone "Okay, it's almost time. Let's see how this plays out..." he says and the feed cuts off.

Ness puts his phone away "A bit of context before I explain..." he starts "I had started my journey only fifty or so years ago at that point, so I wasn't nearly as strong as I am now..." he explains "The plan worked, mostly, and I as back in 1994. I watched my video which explained what had happened and nothing did on tha date..." he continues "I left not too long after and when I finally came back, it was July 24th, 2004 and all seemed well..." he says as he looks past he group "The next day, at 6:18 pm Eastern time, Skynet, whom I thought had been destroyed, launched a nuclear attack on the world that killed over three billion people..." he focuses on Devin.

"I had the power and knowledge to stop it from happening Why didn't I? Because, despite seeing the film, I didn't take it seriously and when I had seen that the world hadn't been scorched, I passed it off as nothing." he explains "Can you Really believe that you'll react any different when you forget about those kids and watch the video you made to remind you Not to forget?" he asks. 

"Also, if you're wondering why I still kee that video, it's so that I know not to take anything for granted again. he puts his phone away, hefts his backpack "Best of luck in your own journey. May it fair better than my own did." he says as he starts out.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:05 pm

Leon followed Ness out, he wanted to catch them before he left. "Ness, wait just one moment I have a question but I wanted to wait until it was just us."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:09 am

Ness stops. Normally, he wasn't one fo taking orders unless he needed to and that's exactly what it sounded like what Leon had said. Still, he let it slide "What's up?" he asks.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:36 am

It wasn't what he meant, but as the cliche saying went how you said things was sometimes as important as what you said. "Thank you for stopping to hear me out. I was just wondering, if you knew of anyway to contact anyone who passed on. You see, me and P-Chan, or Natsumi were really close along with my daughter. I heard of different ways to bring someone back to life, but one thing I realized is, I have no clue what her condition is. Meaning, I don't know if she has another 'life' now of her own since I can't talk to them and just bringing them back without checking would be selfish of me I feel."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:45 am

Ness thinks for a bit "I know of a few ways. The Guardian of the Earth can go and check for you, should you be so inclined to climb up to his Lookout." he says "A psychic could also do the same thing, depending on the power of the psychic in question." he points out "There are also gods who could ask, and don't forget, you can always go there and ask her yourself. Of course that Would mean you would need to die to do so." he says "There are as many ways to talk to the dead as there are ways to being them back to life."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:51 am

Leon nodded slowly to that. "I don't know why, but my gut says the first option. Once I reached the LookOut, how large is the climb? Would I need gear due it being that high?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:52 pm

Ness nods "Good climbing gear, some oxygen, a parachute, and Lots of stims." he says "The Lookout is Over 35,000 feet in the air., so you have quite a climb ahead of you and once up there, you'll meet the immortal Guardian of Earth. The single most powerful being on this planet: Faster than light, tougher than the strongest weapons known, and powerful eonug to destroy an entire planet with One finger." he explains "And f you want a wish from him, you have to Beat him in kombat."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:12 pm

Good thing there were other ways to bring someone back then and he wasn't there for that, though it was assuming everything went well. "I don't have any further questions, and I'm sure you're probably busy with other things that need your attention so I'll let you go. Again, thank for your time."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:02 pm

Ness pauses "I help people. It's what I do and I'm Very good at doing so. Even if they don't realise it." he says in an even tone "Much like I had just done for you and your thick pal." he says as he starts off.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:26 pm

We'll that was a out of nowhere mood swing, but whatever it wasn't his concern. Leon headed back in the building where the other two men were at. Ness mistake in his opinion was judging people too quickly. "All right, since there seems be a change of plans for all involved, I was wondering if it would be all right if I left early to take care of some things."

Devin had come back from the video thing, he hadn't pestered Danny about the whole 'Golden Goddess' thing even if it was obvious what Ness was hinting at. At least not yet. "Go ahead. I have a few things as well."

When Leon left, the Ralphlim turned to Danny. "So about what Ness said, that all true?"

(Leon is out)
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:58 pm

Danny shrugs "Hard to say. Magical wish granting orbs? Sounds pretty far fetched if you ask me." he says "However, I think there might be a bigger issue..." he says, dodging the question "I think that Ness fellow did something to you and Leon. I over heard him saying that he had just done something for you both, even though you didn't know it." he points out.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:45 pm

"If it is, I don't know what." Devin said lightly. "Listen man, I know we've only known other for a year and you don't have to spill your life story to me, but I want you to come at your own time. So if you change your mind about trusting me about it, I'll be around but not going to pester you about it. I'll let it drop for now."

Devin sighed a bit, so much to do and little time. "Okay. Things have changed a bit, so the question remains where do we go from here?"

Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:53 pm

Danny was going to question Devin's decision on letting the fact that Ness, a powerful psychic, might have messed with his mind without his permission, but something distracted him from doing so.

"Devin, look at this!" he hisses as he shows him a picture of the young woman they were looking for. Her face was completely obscured by shadows. So much so, that one couldn't tell who it was "I guess it's happened..." he mumbles.

He looks over to Devin and frowns, taking note from his partner's face "How is it that you still remember her?" he asks, there was no confusion on his face that Danny could see.

((Ness is out))
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:15 pm

After that happened, something clicked. "...So that's what he did, he did something in my head so I wouldn't forget regardless." He mumbled more to himself.

"I should be a lot more irked then what I am by messing with my head but I'm not."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum