Did You Get What You Wanted?

2 posters

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Did You Get What You Wanted? - Page 9 Empty Re: Did You Get What You Wanted?

Post by Namey Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:32 pm

Jack nods "I know of Ki energy. I'm good friends with the Guardian of the Earth and he trains some of the strongest fighters known." he says with another nod "Well than, now that I have a good idea of your abilities, would you feel up to a little test?" he asks.

Marcen nods "We have just found out that there is a faction called the Templar Order who are currently looking for these Pieces of Eden for, less than nobel reasons and we have reason to believe, based on newly acquired information, that if they get their hands on all the pieces, it would spell disaster for this world." he explains.
Namey
Namey
Admin

https://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:57 pm

Kobe had expected as much, he did wander if Natomi had to take any test when she joined since she didn't mention any but it really didn't matter. "I'm perfectly fine with a test."

Elora nodded. "Same. We were expecting something."

Ramona mulled it over for a bit longer. "I..can see about some old friends if they know anything more but I can't promise anything. If its as dangerous as you say, we can't waste any time."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:55 pm

Jack nods his approval "Okay, so there are no surprises, it's going to all be a mental projection of an emergency situation and how you deal with it. You will have two main objections with one optional objection." he starts.

"There's a fire in a major apartment building. It was set by an arsonist. Your first and main objection: Get as many people out as you can. There are currently one hundred people who have rooms where. Some will be in, some won't be." he continues "Your second main objection: Put the fire out or contain it."

"Your optional objection: Find out who started the fire." he says "How you do any of these, I leave to you. I shall grade you on your performance. In this simulation, you shall have what any one of my team would have. A utility belt, I suggest you look over it's contents, a com device to communicate with your support, and support, should you need it." he finishes.

"Are there any questions, comments, or concerns before we start?" he asks "Oh, and one other thing " he says, suddenly remembering "Since this is a mental simulation, expect things to react exactly as they would in the real world. Meaning gravity and physics, as well as all other twenty plus senses."

Buddy chimes on the wall, getting Marcen's attention. He wanders over and reads the message. It was odd that Buddy didn't just announce his findings, like he always does. But if he didn't, that means there was something bigger going on that he didn't want the others to know. Which sent up all kinds of red flags with Marcen, as it no doubt did with Natomi and Ramona.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:11 pm

Kobe thought that sounded fair, they could work with that. "Are we being timed for this?"

"And just to make sure I have it right, when you say support do you mean calling you as if it was a real situation?" Elora was just trying to make sure.

It did worry both women, but Natomi spoke first. "..Is something wrong?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:39 pm

Jack nods slightly Almost. You'll be able to call in anyone who's currently on the team and they'll act in accordance to how they would in real life. But I should inform you, I'll be grading you on your performance on a number of details and that's one of them" he says "When ever you both are ready to start, let me know or if you have any more questions." he says.

Marcen was still talking with Buddy "okay, erase very record about what we just talked about and keep no log of what we talk about now...." he says in a very low tone.

He turns to his teammates, a troubled look on his face "I need to go see my contact. I just got some Very disturbing news and I want to make sure it's true or not." he says before heading out.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:50 am

Kobe had one more question, and he knew his friend did have something along the lines as well so one of them had to ask. "One last question. I know you can't answer in complete detail yet but we can at least get a brief summary of what our teamates speicality is so we have an idea to work with them?"

Natomi and Ramona had no idea what to make of it, but it was obviously very bad whatever it was. The older woman was thinking for a moment. "I'll be back myself." She left Natomi alone for now, going to where ever.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:10 pm

Jack nods "Not to worry. You'll have a handheld communicator that'll tell you what each member specializes in." he assures "So, any more questions or are you ready to start?" he asks "I want you both to feel comfortable and confident enough in tis test that you won't do the one thing that most new heroes do, hesitate. Because bad tings can come from even the slightest hesitation and studies show that high confidence leads to swift and sure action." he says.

Marcen heads out. He needed to go see his contact about the information that Buddy had given him and if Buddy, a computer, could get this information, than anyone with some good contacts could.

Marcen walks into a plain and unassuming flower shop. It was, for the most part, empty. With the exception of a young man cheerfully tending to his flowers. He looks up to Marcen, still smiling "Good afternoon. How may I help you?" he asks.

Marcen looks around "I'm looking for something that my wife would like." he says, than focuses on the young man "Do you have any suggestions?" he asks.

The young man nods, still smiling "I have some special flowers that I've been saving in the back. If you would kindly follow me." he says as he opens the back door and motions fo Marcen to follow.

Marcen heads into the back room and the flower guy closes door "I didn't think I would be seeing you so soon after our last meeting." he says, the smile gone "I assume you're here for more information?" he asks.

Marcen nods "Confirmation, actually. I already got the information and now I want to see if it has any weight behind it." he says.

The young man nods as he sits behind a computer desk "Lay it on me." he says as he taps away at the keyboard.

Marcen pulls out his notebook, having written down what Buddy told hi on his way over "My source has gotten information about not only the Pieces of Eden and Templars that we talked about, but some of their supporters as well and it turns out that one of their Main supporters, is my old village." he says in almost a dead tone.

The young man was silent for a bit, his fingers dancing over his keyboard "If this is true, it would explain a few things. Give me a few hours, I'll see what I can find." he says, then points to some flowers by the door "Don't forget your flowers. I'll send you a message if I find something. Also, could you flip the closed sign when you leave?" he asks.

Marcen grabs the flowers and heads out. He locks the door and flips the closed sign as he heads out. Now, he had to wait. He also needed to get a hold of his family. There was a really good chance that they were in danger.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:20 pm

Kobe gave a small smile. "We can be accused of many things, but lack of confidence isn't one of them. We wouldn't make good Shinobi otherwise as that would get ourselves or one of our teamates killed. We'll succeed or fail on our own merits. I don't have any further questions though so it can begin when you're ready unless you do Elora?"

"No. Clear on my end." If anything there was such a thing in her opinion of waiting too long even when you had spare time. If not careful your mind could make things more complicated then what it really was.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:17 pm

Jack nods with a smile as well "Alright! Now all we need--" he was cut off by his com chirping at him, he frowns slightly "If you'll excuse me fo a moment..." he mumbles as he stands and heads over to door "buddy, i thought i told you not to call me unless it's urgent..." he says in a low tone.

"Sorry, sir! But we have a situation! Lexica and some of her groupies have attacked mall center and you're the closest one to the scene!" a voice says over the com.

Jack nods "Understood. Mobilize the others, but have them on stand by. I want to see what we'll be going up against before launch a counter attack." he says, then taps the com "I got to go. Duty calls." he says as he puts his shoes on and heads out.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:17 am

"I understand. Do you need assistance at all? Me and Elora could stay out the way but make sure civilians don't accidentally stumble into on thing?"
Kobe offers, if not that was understandable as well.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:12 am

Jack looks over to them "We're not the police. We won't keep those who can help away, we only encourage they not make a potential situation worse. So if you wish to come along, I won't stop you." he says, then was out the door.

Marcen had come back to the base and was in his room, thinking over things and making notes about things that he would need fo later. Once he had his thoughts in order and had the information he needed, he would go to Jack with his findings and concerns.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:51 am

The two ninja took that as their cue and followed, Kobe was already running a few things in his head as they went. "Speaking of police, has your group had conflicts with Hunters? Sense you technically do a similar jobs of handling things mundane forces can't, I wouldn't be surprised if it lead to a clash or tension."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:10 pm

Jack shakes his head "No. When I first got here, and started my team, I talked with the Hunters and made it clear where we all stood with each other and if they didn't bother us, we wouldn't bother them." he says as he slowly lifts into he air "And we're off!" he says as he takes off.

And while he wasn't flying at top speed, he was still booking it. When he got there, the police were already on scene and it seemed like they were waiting for them Well, either Jack and his team, or the Hunters. Once one of them appeared, they started evacuating the area.

Jack lands and holds up his hands, he was greeted by Lexica, who had something swirling around her, Jack assumed it was a shield or some kind "I knew you and your people would show up." she says as-a-matter-of-fact "Where is she?" she asks.

Jack could see creatures of some kind crawling on the roof tops, probably more of her minions waiting to pounce at her command. The bad news was, the more they fought, the more her monsters seem to adapt to their owers and abilities.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:53 pm

Elora nor Kobe knew anything about this possible threat and what they were capable of so it was best to play it cautious. Besides that, the two were mostly going to stay out of Jack's way but assist however was needed.

It's like her Ki isn't really..there? Elora frowned at this, she really didn't think the woman was a Mystic either so it was odd. In the mean time, while idle she was making mental notes of the enviorment.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:38 pm

Jack shakes his head "You kno we leave her behind when we encounter you and your team..." he says, looking around "And speaking of, where are they?" he asks.

Lexica shrugs "They failed to live up to their promise to help me become whole. So I helped them with their problem of living." she says with finality.

Jack frowns "That's probably a bit excessive. Why not just leave them?" he asks.

Lexica shakes her head "Because they would never let me leave. So I had to Make them not want me..." she pauses, tilts her head slightly "You're stalling. Buying time for the police to get everyone out of the area." she states.

Jack raises his hands "You cought me. So, what next?" he asks.

Lexica tinks for a second "Bring me Alice and I'll let everyone go unharmed. Don't interfere with me and Alice and you'll never see me again." she says "Do we have a deal?" she asks.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:18 pm

'Make sure any civilians aren't in the area. If the situation changes then let me know or I'll let you know on who notices first.
'

'Got it.'

Elora and Kobe didn't just stand there idle, while they were more or less keeping out of Jack's way, they were also making sure any civilians got away from the general area the police may have missed.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:34 pm

*Be careful. Lexica knows you two are here and she had her minions trained on you. Don't do anything that she might consider threatening.* Jack says, mentally, to the two Shinobi

With Lexica waiting, Jack slowly holds up a hand "Let me call me people and see if Alice will come out. You have to understand that I need to let her know what she's getting herself into." he explains, hand hovering slightly over his link.

Lexica nods slowly "Very well. However, I kon that you're stalling for time, letting those two who are lurking in the shadows, time to get the people out of here. I don't know f they're yours, but they need to stop before I have my robots go after them." she points out.

Jack nods as he uses one hand to hold the Shinobi back "They are with me and you should know, tha if you attack them, they will respond accordingly, Only in self defense." he points out "Just one question, what will we do if Alice refuses to show up?" he asks.

Lexica thinks for a moment "I don't know. We'll cross that bridge when and If it happens." she says.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:07 pm

At that, the two ninja stopped as there was no reason to agitate the situation where things were under control. Since they didn't know who Alice was, or the general situation they didn't comment, just observed.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:00 am

Lexica looks around "You know, while we're waiting, have your flunkies round everyone up and put them in a group. I want to have easy access to my hostages if things go sideways." she says.

Jack nods "Sure thing..." he says, looking over at the two shinobi and nods to them to acknowledge the order "Would you two kindly gather everyone in a group?" he asks.

Jack's link chirps and he talks to whomever it was that called and he looks over to Lexica "Alice has agreed to come over. She'll be here shortly. I have asked that she leave her cards behind, but she's been...uncooperative, as of late. So she may not comply." he informs the Nobody.

Lexica nods slowly "That's because she's finally accepting what she is and is starting to lose the most important aspect of herself. Her soul. Something my kind don't have..." she says in a low tone.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:12 pm

Elora really hoped Jack knew what he was doing, how he handled the situation would also determine if they wanted to be apart of the group since leadership in his position was paramount. They did as ask though, but she was of course thinking as was Kobe
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:29 pm

After about fifteen minuets or so, a Young woman comes walking up. Jack nods to her "Alice. Thank you for coming. Lexica, as you may have guessed, would like to spend some time with you." he says to the young Heartless *Get ready for battle, you two.* he sends to Elora and Kobe.

Alice nods "Understood." she walks over to stand infront of Lexica "Okay. You have me here. Now it's your turn. Let the people go and I won't put up a fight." she says.

Lexica takes a step towards Alice, then falters a bit "Wait...Something's wrong..." she mumbles as she squints at Alice. Her puzzled look quickly turns to one of anger "You're Not Alice!" she says, enraged, then looks from Jack, who had moved close to the hostages, to the hostages themselves "Kill them!" she roars as her Sentinels make a beeline to the frightened people.

At the same time, Jack shoots something at the group of hostages, which, as it turns out, was a bolt of electricity that turns into an electrostatic shield, protecting the people from the attacking sentinels! At he same time, Alice disappeared in a *POOF!!* of smoke, replaces with a Zoanthrope fox dressed as a shinobi, who throws a smoke bomb down, covering Lexica in smoke!

Jack looks to Elora and Kobe "Protect the civilians with Marcen! I'll handle Lexica!" he says as he takes off towards the cloud of smoke as the ninja named Marcen appears next to his fellow shinobi.

"Here they come! There are only four of them. We can hold them off until back up arrives." he says "Do you both know the Tri-Defense position?" he asks as he jumps to one side of the bubble.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:53 pm

Kobe was glad Jack had apparently had been planning something instead of just handing the enemies all the keys, so to speak. He had trusted his gut in this. "We do. Elora get on it."

"Right!" Elora said as she got into position, along with Kobe to cover their angles.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:19 pm

Harlan makes quick succession of hand gestures, then holds one arm up "Water Style: Hidden Myst-Jutsu!" he says as the area is instantly covered in a rolling myst "These things use inferred to see, this will block our heat signature, but they can still hear, so we Must use the stealth that was trained to us!" he says in a hushed tone as he disappears into the into the thick fog.

The sentinels stop dead in their tracks! Their many red eyes could still be seen in the fog as they use their many sensory devices to try and locate their adversaries "Hey...Over here. Over here...." Marcen whispers, which sounds like it came directly from behind one of the sentinels.

It spins around and thrusts it's mighty clawed tentacles at it's foe! Only to send them straight through one of it's ally robots, which collapses and disappears. Leaving only three now "Water Style: Water Dragon-Jutsu!" Marcen says from within the fog, which draws another of the sentinels off, leaving two looking for the remaining shinobi.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:02 pm

A Chakra ninja then.. It didn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out, espeically with what they said and did after the fact. Not that it mattered, talking could be done once this was over and done with but not now.

Kobe and Elora had been working together enough that many times they didn't even need to talk before they figured out what the other was doing; though bost did their best to keep quite. The idea was simple enough, hopefully take them both out in a overwhelming attack before they could attack back, or at least keep them off balance.

The Nosferartu gathered up his energy just as Elora got into position. "Dancing Dragon Flame!" As the attack was launched from the Nerko, Kobe shaped his shadow energy in a dome around the two sentinels, for one while it obviously wasn't the full power of the technique to avoid civilians to be hurt, it was still best to avoid as much property damage as possible. And two, the opponents would take more damage that way if all the kinetic force was concentrated and compressed in that area.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:04 pm

The problem with that strategy was, the sentinels were quite fast and plenty strong, which was why Marcen didn't attack them directly, rather, he had Them attack themselves. That being said, the shadow dome only manages to grab one of the sentinels legs, which it broke off without any trouble, and they both scattered from the attack!

They then tracked the angle of the attack back to it's point of origin and launched a counter attack. Which consisted of large rocks and trees being flung to where the attack had taken place at. Then they rushed the area, intent on tearing their attackers apart, since they still couldn't see them.

Off in the distance, the wing beats of some large beast could be heard getting closer, as well as a mighty Roar. However, the fog kept anyone from actually seeing what it was. But Marcen knew. It was a massive, silver dragon with sapphire blue eyes and it would utterly destroy those sentinels!
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next