The Test Begins

2 posters

Go down

The Test Begins Empty The Test Begins

Post by Namey Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:24 pm

The training area was a rocky wasteland that ypu would find on most planets. It was dark out and there was No moon in the sky and,it was powerfully overcast out. There was a storm moving in not too far from the location.

Nichol was standing there, looking at her two potentially new students "Okay, the purpose of this test will be simple: Try to track me down and hit me with a standard ki blast." she says.

"This is to get you use to tracking targets moving faster than your eyes can see. I won't be dodging, or deflecting, or trying to out maneuver you two and there's no time limit to this exercise. So feel free to take your time." she says.

"I've read both your profiles before coming here and you both know how to sense Ki, so this Should be somewhat easy for you." she points out.

She looks from one to the other "Ready? Begin!" she says in a loud voice, then dispears! Moving faster then most could see! She would stop from time to time in a different spot so they could get a feel for her energy in the inky darkness.
Namey
Namey
Admin

https://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The Test Begins Empty Re: The Test Begins

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:23 am

Tamaki couldn't really see anything, and neither could Reizo for that matter so they had to rely on their other training then just their eyes. That was of course exactly the point.

"Hm. I think we got this, but let's not get ahead of ourselves." Tamaki said, going into 'Battle Mode'. "Just make sure we don't get in the other ways and cut them off. You ready Neighbor?"

Reizo nodded a bit. "Yeah."

After another brief moment the two teens shot off into the darkness, Reizo going right, Tamaki left. It took a moment for the two to get a 'bead' of the young woman before attempting to hit them with a Ki blast once a proper rhythm was found.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:07 am

Nichol takes the hit from the Ki blasts, which did little to her, and she stops "Not bad at all. You two cought on quickly with that." she says, still in her cheerful mood.

"I'm going to start again, but faster and at random patterns. So no guessing where I'll be this time. You have to feel for my energy." she says to her future students "Ready?" she asks.

A bolt of lightning suddenly strikes very close, followed by a loud rumble of thunder and Nichol was gone! The combination of the pitch black location, the sudden blinding lightning strikes, and Nichol's fast and random movements made the location quite dizzying.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:05 pm

This made things harder but Reizo wasn't planning on giving up on the first chance of trouble. Tamaki definitely wasn't by of the imagination as well.

Both of the teens had to change how they approached the young woman, which meant focusing More on their Ki Sense then anything else. When they felt they got a more solid bead on them is when they struck.

It was lucky that sensing was a thing or the task would be that much harder.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:51 am

Nichol was where the blasts were going to hit, but then she was gone and the blasts sailed on past.

Then, in a blink of an eye, she was suddenly behind Reizo and in a blur, she was behind Tamaki and then she appeared before both of the,

She holds up a hand "Hold up a moment. I think I see what's going on." she says "You both are only relying on the mental aspects of Ki sense and not the physical one as well." she points out.

"You see, when you only use one aspect of Ki sense, you don't get the full picture of what's going on." she explains.

"If you focus enough on my energy, you'll start to see my movements, as if I were moving normally. You need to let your Ki energy flow into your whole body and then focus on me." she finishes.

Nichol then lifts into the air and disappears again. She knew this,would be a hard task, what with all the distractions, but she told them what they needed to know and knew they would figure it out.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:18 pm

Tamaki was thinking a bit of what she said. If they were going to do this they needed to refocus on how they were locking onto the woman in front of them. She called Reizo over for a small huddle so they could change tactics a bit. Not before concentrating on the Alusarian again, but this time they let their Ki flow through them more.

The young Sayain frankly was confused, she had some idea but wasn't sure but luckily Reizo had something from his grandfather. He had went with her on the lead the other time, now it was time to extend that same trust to Reizo that he knew what he was doing. After all, its what partners and teamates did even if they weren't exactly on the same team or really any at all.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:31 pm

The Alusarian woman was, of course, talking about Empower Body. It was one of the very first things one would do when engaging an enemy. But since they weren't fighting, there was a good chance the young warriors wouldn't have empowered themselves.

Nichol Could have straight told them what they needed to do, but this Was, after all, a test and she didn't want them to have Too easy of a time with it. But she was confident they would figure it out.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:38 am

When it seemed like neither of their efforts were doing anything Tamaki decided another change of tactics was in order."Okay, this isn't working. We should power up a bit instead of going on what we had before." She had no doubt in her mind Nichol was a Lot stronger then them both put together but that wasn't the point. It was a test at the end of the day

"It doesn't hurt at this point." Reizo agreed with his new friend, any bit helped at this point.

Tamaki's aura was a deep blue color, while Reizo's of course was the trademark white/silver aura Alusarians tended to have. He had noted Tamaki was a bit stronger then he was as well.

Once they were done with that, both were notably faster as they took off into the air to nail Nichol with Ki blast. However, they made sure to stay out of each others way while doing so. If nothing else the two seemed to have natural team work together.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:27 am

Now that the two were powered up, they could clearly see Nichol flying around. When she stopped, she powered down, then powered back up and started off again.

As the two fire at her, she casually swats the energy blasts aside like one would an annoying fly. That was good enough for her, that they managed to get this far.

But then, she needed to remind herself that they were much older then her usual students "Nicely done. Now for the last phase of the test and for it, I'm going to really crank up the speed. It's the same drill as before, only this time much faster." she informs them.

She holds up a hand "You'll really have to push your senses to keep up. Ready?" she asks, then drops her hand "Go!" she says, then disappears! The store was now upon them. In addition to thunder, lightning, and howling wind, they now had stinging rain.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:21 pm

Reizo wasn't surprised at them knocking it away so easily, it was hardly his strongest attack and he was more then confident the woman was much stronger then them both put together. How strong, he wasn't sure maybe he'd find out one day, but right now it wasn't important.

This gets trickier..

Sparing a glance at the Sayain girl beside him, she seemed to be of the same mind. "Don't worry. We can do this. I know we can. Just gotta concentrate on..where ever she is. I'm gonna try to mix things up a bit, just don't take your eyes off the prize."

She held out a hand which formed a Ki ball, but this one was different. It was hard for Reizo to explain but it felt stronger and more..whole maybe? What he didn't know, was the fact it was a Spirit Ball as opposed to just a standard blast.

Tamaki let the attack rip, while Reizo took it as a cue to get into the action from above. While it was hard to concentrate a bit more due to the distractions, he wouldn't let that get in his way.

The Spirit Ball missed the young woman, but curved into a arc after sailing past to hit them while Reizo attempted to line up a shot or two, standard Ki blast of course. He didn't have anything fancy like that; maybe he could ask Tamaki to teach him.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:23 pm

Nichol had seen what Tamaki had done and was still fast enough to not only dodge it, but she was constantly putting the spirit ball in a position to be shot down by Reizo's attack as well.

Until she suddenly stops, her white/silver aura flairs up and she sticks out a hand and blasts the spirit ball from exsistance!

There were other ways she could have stopped the attack, but there was something in the way she had that said she meant business.

She suddenly appears in front of the two "Stop! The test is over! Let's head back now!" she yells over the howling winds.

((Yoy may take them out and put them back in their original thread whenever you want.))
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:34 pm

(The two are out now)
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down