The Abnormal, Normal Life (M)

2 posters

Page 11 of 23 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17 ... 23  Next

Go down

The Abnormal, Normal Life (M) - Page 11 Empty Re: The Abnormal, Normal Life (M)

Post by Namey Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:55 pm

Nicole decided to case an Aero shield around Cory "That'll withstand one Maybe two attacks!" she yells over the rushing wind. She knew that the Twilight Thorn would start using energy attacks when they got closer and she was ready for that as well. Unfortunately, it would mean that she would have to jump off Cory to block the energy attack. She had confidence that he would catch her.

The first energy attack was charging up, but they certainly wouldn't be able to get close enough to cause it to switch it's attacks before it fired. But as fast as they were going, it would only get one energy attack, before it needed to switch to melee attacks.
Namey
Namey
Admin

https://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:53 pm

Cory was fine with that, though he was thinking somewhat along the same lines as Nicole but they would be fine as long as they worked together to get through things. In the mean time he kept a eye on his opponent and his surroundings.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:38 pm

Nicole, who was holding onto Cory's neck so she didn't fall off when Cory started his highspeed maneuvers to dodge the oncoming energy attack. Something she learned early on in her training in the Otherworld, is that while flashy attacks were all well and good, sometimes it was better to just dodge a move, than to counter it and This, was one of those times.

The Twilight Thorn had finished charging it's attack "It travels in a Straight line, so we should have plenty of time to see where it's going and dodge it!" she yells to Cory, though he probably already knew this already. Well, now was the time to use all that knowledge, as the Twilight Thorn let a Massive beam of energy fly and it was heading Straight towards them!
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:16 pm

Cory didn't need to be told again, he was focused on the target in front of him but even with all that it still took some moving to get out of dodge from the attack. He had to strafe harder to the right to avoid getting blasted. He wasn't sure how powerful it was, nor did he want to find out first hand.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:33 pm

Cory's high speed maneuvers got them to safety and they were no close enough that the Twilight Thorn couldn't use it's energy attacks. However, now it's minions decided to get into he fight and started swarm out of the castle the Twilight Thorn was possessing and they were heading straight towards the two of them. Nicole knew they could take them on Easy "They're gonna try to force us away from the castle!" she shouts.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:53 am

Cory wasn't too worried about the small fry but he knew not to get too overconfident either since in combat situations things go tops side in a hurry. "I'll move so you can get in, I'll cover you from the air."

Whether in war or just small combat, air superiority was a big deal.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:10 pm

Nicole had an idea "Get me closer to the swarm! I think I have an idea on how to take most of them out!" she yells. She really didn't need Cory to take them closer, as the swarm were gaining on them. Still, thi worked to their advantage.

Nicole points her keyblade at the swarm "GRAVITY!! she yells as the area around the bulk of the swarm urns a purpleish color as well as have some strange runes form around the area. At once, the majority of the swarm plummet to the void below, leaving only a dozen or so left.

Nicole makes a slashing motion "THUNDER RAIN!!" she yells as bolts of lightning start to rain down, catching the remaining swarm within. They were not free to his the Twilight Thorn directly!
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:11 pm

Cory didn't want to sit back and do nothing while Nicole did her thing but he also didn't want to throw her off her game as she rode him.(that didn't sound right but that was besides the point)

He took a deep breath, gathering his flames for the right moment before releasing a massive black fire ball roughly half his size at the Twilight Thorn once Nicole had cleared up a bit of the distractions.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:17 pm

The Twilight Thorn brings up it's massive shield and blocks Cory's fire "That's not gonna work!" she yells. She jumps off Cory's back as she uses her Master Form!Her entire outfit changes and she gets two Keyblades, as she flies towards the Twilight Thorn!

"I'll distract it while you get behind it's shield! Once it's shield is down, I'll join you!" she yells as she shoots forward. While in her normal form, she couldn't fly And use spells at the same time, but in her Master Form, she could! She starts shooting fireballs at the Twilight Thorn, getting it's attention!

Once she got it's attention, she builds up energy at the tip of her Keyblades, then lets both of them fly into the air, which promptly explode into a rain of Thousands of smaller balls of energy tha explode on contact with anything they come into contact with. Which would be the Twilight Thorn's shield.

Nicole's distraction works as the Massive Nobody lower it's shield to take swipes at Nicole, who was more than read for it's counter attack an nimbly dodges it's attacks while firing her own counters to It's counters!
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:49 am

Cory made sure to stay out of Nicole's way while she distracted the Nobody and get behind the thing while its focus was elsewhere. He couldn't use his stronger kinetic fire, not without exploding the area and potentially Nicole.

So instead, he attempted to sink his fangs in the back of their neck in order to keep it still and off balance so she could attempt to finish them off.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:09 am

Finishing off the Twilight Thorn wasn't Nicole's plan. Because she really couldn't keep her Master Form up fo too long, so long as she didn't have targets to extend the time of it and in moments, it would wear off and she would fall into the abyss below. But at least Cory could be able to defeat their foe, because unlike Heartless, a Nobody could be defeated without a Keyblade.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:46 am

That was something Cory noticed before too long but he hadn't just attacked and hoped Nicole would be able to do something. Instead it was either she got it or him and at the moment he was in the position to do so and it hadn't apparently gotten him off yet.

He applied more pressure and applied his weight more to tear the things head off. It should kill it if it worked, but Nobodies were strange, they didn't really have blood or normal organs if at all as is.

Not that he was one to talk.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:09 pm

Since the Twilight Thorn was roughly the size of upper levels of the castle, it would be hard for Nicole to do much to it. But she knew one thing, she needed to land before too long. In fact, she had an idea. Since the Thorn in her side was almost constantly blocking direct attacks, sh would use that to her advantage!

Nicole launches another volley of fireballs at the things face, which causes it to turn it's attention from Cory to Nicole for the moment, and bring up it's shield. Nicole casts Haste on herself and flies like her life depended on it, which at the moment it did.

Nicole slams into the Nobodies shield, digging her Keyblade as deeply into it as she could. It didn't go far into the shield, but it was enough to stop her from falling as her Master Form wore off. Now, all she needed to do was...

The Twilight Thorn starts to reach for her with it's clawed hand and Nicole Launches herself off it's shield and onto it's arm, she had left her Keyblade back there, because she knew it would appear when she needed it, and as it turned out, she needed it now!

The Twilight Thorn starts to thrash it's arm to throw Nicole off, but all this does i launch her into the air and she quickly recovers and a few well placed air dashes later, and she finds herself on the main platform, confronting the Twilight Thorn it's self! Which was good, because this new threat that stood before it, distracted it from Cory, which left him to either go nuts attacking from the outside or join Nicole from within.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:21 am

This wasn't working, for whatever reason so Cory decided on a different approach and get some distance to wait for a better vantage point.

While Cory and Nicole were having their training done, some people went to visit Christine's shop. It was Torin, Camlo, Kyco and most surprisingly Sonic who the group hadn't seen in forever. Though there was ways to contact him, he had just been doing some other things. It was Cory who suggested they visit since Christine was feeling a bit down, though it would of happened anyway.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:37 pm

The Twilight Thorn was completely focused on Nicole at the moment, which was good in her opinion, because that left Cory the change to take the creature apart from the outside, while she handled the baddy it's self and while she Had fought many bigger foes, this was the first time she fought one the size of a castle.

Out of all of her old friends, Christine was surprised to see Sonic the most. Last she heard, the corrupt Hunter Council had sent Shadow to 'Deal' with Sonic and from what she heard, Shadow had done Just that . He even brought back a picture proving it. Though in reality, a little makeup and some fake blood and the Council had seen a very alive Sonic, made up to Look like he was dead. Shadow also told Sonic to lay low until the were out and now that they Were gone...

Christine blinks in surprise and takes a step back as her wings pop out, knocking things over "What the Heck?" she says, startled by the reappearance​ of her 'Deceased' friend "Sonic? How the heck are you Alive? I thought Shadow had ended you!" she asks.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:16 am

Seeing the distraction and it was literally now or never Cory opted to get things going, it did help Nicole wasn't in the way so he could do his more splash happy attacks so to speak. To this end, he was going to make his latest fireball more powerful then normal in an attempt to kill or at least injure the creature.

When he felt satisfied, he let it go while it was focused on other things or more accurarely Nicole.

Sonic shook his head. "Nah, I'm fine. Just had Shadow fake my death with some fake blood and make up and lay low until things got settled.  Its good to see ya kiddo."

"We were gonna visit soon anyway but we came a bit sooner when Cory got into contact with us, so we all ended up swinging by." Torin explained.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:35 pm

As the fireball was flying towards the Twilight Thorn, Nicole jumps High into the air, towards the fireball, which passes by her and, while in midair, spins around, her Keyblade glowing, and she Hits Cory's fireball, adding to it's already impressive power and speed!

The maneuver sent Nicole flying back, and she promptly started to fall, not having enough energy to fly. It was a good thing that Nicole got some distance between the two of them, because about the time she started to fall, Cory's attack hit and with their combined attack power, completely destroyed the Twilight Thorn!

Christine didn't kon how to feel, exactly. They were all Planning on coming over, and yet, they all Knew where they could Always find her. It's not like any of them Needed a special reason to come over "It's nice to see you all." she says, looking to Camlo "I was sure that we had seen the last of you, when you left the team." she mumbles, still a little sore about that.

She looks over to Torin this time "Oh, before I forget.." she starts, which was impossible, since she was a Mystic and they have perfect memories "Nicole wants to talk to you about something...actually, she wanted to talk to both you And Harlan, but it looks like he might not show up." she mumbles the last part.

She regards the group "Will you all be staying the night? It might be a bit cramped, but we can double up on some of the rooms. It can be like a big ol' slumber party." she says with a smile, though, she had some Other ideas on her mind, aside from a sleep over.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:44 pm

Cory knew this was a simulation but he wasn't sure how advanced the safety net was and even without that, why have a friend have uneeded pain? So he rushed over to grab Nicole before she landed on the ground.

Camlo sighed."I never intended to be gone for good, but all the same I apologize for not being more clear. I was getting burnt out from the Hunter business. But yes, I'll stay." Truthfully the Harlan and Christine was a minor part, it wasn't like it was a surprise and suddenly came out of the blue after all.

While Torin wondered why it was just Cam since he had left for his own reasons, he wasn't complaining. "Sure why not."

"Ditto." Sonic said.

Kyco nodded. "Yeah, I'll stay too." She could spend time with Nicole and Christine which she'd be happy with, just as long as she didn't get groped again. Her chest in her opinion was more trouble then it was worth in her experience. She trade with Christine, Nicole or Camlo's size if she could.

"So where are Nicole and Cory anyway?"
Torin asked, he thought they were around but they probably were out and about doing their thing
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:01 am

As they landed, the dojo tat they had left back at the begining started to reform and in seconds, they were back inside, and the Master was waiting for them "You did well. Especially you, young Heartless. Facing those who can only be felled by certain weapons and not having access to weapons,is very tough." he says.

He looks over to Nicole "And you. You have shown skills that I have not expected to see for a long while. After watching your performance, I feel you are most certainly ready to take the 'Master's Challenge'." he says.

Nicole scratches the back of her head "Thank you, Master. But I feel I should have told you before we started, that I have already taken and completed my Mark of Mastery test. I am a Keyblade Master." she says.

The Master nods "I see. Than there is nothing more you can learn from me, that you do not already know." he says as he bows to Nicole, who returns the gesture of respect "End program." the Master says and the holodeck shuts it's self off.

Christine definitely had plans for and with Kyko's impressive bust. However, even With plans for some midnight fun, Christin seriously doubted that young Heartless would let her have said fun.

Christine shrugs "I don't know with certainty, but they said they were going somewhere to get some training in and that could be anywhere" she says as she wanders over to he 'Open' and flips it closed.

"If you all wouldn't mind following me upstairs, I'll get you some tea and snacks while I make up the rooms." she offers as she starts upstairs.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:09 pm

Cory turned back to his humanoid form after, he actually felt good after that workout. "We'll that was a workout. We can always improve but I think we did relatively okayish."

Torin was down with that. it beat standing outside awkwardly. "Sure, I could always use something to drink." Tea wasn't really his thing, it was more people like Camlo's then anything else. Kyco oddly liked tea too which always surprised him, Sonic simply wasn't picky.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:30 pm

Nicole nods slowly "We did well. Even masters could improve their form." she says. Oddly enough, even though the program had ended, they both were still wet from the rain. Nicole looks herself over "That's...one realistic program." she says.

She looks around "Uh, Computer! Load a warm, sunny beach." she says. A few seconds later, the room shimmers and they were standin on a warm, sunny beach. Nicole nods, satisfied "Now this is what I'm talking about." she says as she pulls off her wet shirt and shorts and looks for a place to lay them down to dry, not even minding Cory.

Christine comes walking into the common room of her house, holding a tray with four tea cups in one hand and a plate of sweet bean buns in the other. She sets both down and hands out the tea "So, what have you all been doing?" she asks "I've mainly been here, yo know, after our team broke up." she mumbles the last part "My dad wants me to join His team, but my brother doesn't want me to have anythin to do with it."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:40 pm

Cory of course didn't mind the view, and after a moment decided to take his own shirt off to dry since Nicole had done the same it was really only fair. "This really does feel like we're literally on a beach then just some simulation. It's really something else."

Torin thinks about it. Jason wasn't his favorite person in the world and he had a lot of disagreements but he Did care about his sister. "I'm not sure, I know next to nothing about that group. As for what I've been doing, nothing much reallty. Just how I like it."

Camlo decided to give some actual advice. "No one can tell you what to do, but my advice? If you're considering it, spend a day or so there. Get to see the people there and how they interact, the structure of the place and such. It doesn't matter if you otherwise like it but can't stand the people there. That is, only if you're even considering it but you'll never know if you don't see it for yourself. As for myself, I've just been traveling."

"I got a case of wander lust so ditto what Camlo said." Sonic says.

"Um..not much. Just trying to figure out what I'm going to do now that I'm out of school.."
Kyco said lamely.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:20 pm

Nicole nods "I know. It feels great. Especially after we've been in the col and wet for as long as we were." she says as she unclips her bra and slides it off, then goes back to laying back, sunning herself "If I doze off, ake sure I don't burn." she says with a sigh.

Christine nods to what everyone says "I think...It's probably best I don't join any more teams. Each one I'm apart of eventually breaks up very soon after and dad's team seems to be doing good. More so than the Hunters ever did." she says.

She gets up soon enough "If you'll excuse me. I have to go get he rooms ready and make dinner. Please feel free to watch TV or look through some of the books around here. I should be back in a bit." she says as she heads out.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:04 pm

Cory wondered what else this place could simulate, he could still never get over this thing. "If you want, I could give you some sun screen. Seems to be realistic enough to pass."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:03 pm

Nicole sighs "Computer, beach umbrella, open and positioned over me to block the sun." she says. A few seconds later a beach umbrella appears over Nicole, shading her from the sun *His loss...* Nicol thinks as she starts to drift off. The breeze felt cool, the sun warm and the sound of the water were enough to make her doze off soon after.

A few minuets later, Christine comes walking back into the common room "What would you all like t have for dinner tonight?" she asks "Also, we'll have to talk about the sleeping arrangements. You know, whom goes where and such." she points out.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 23 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17 ... 23  Next