Square One

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Square One

Post by Sion Reaver on Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:06 pm

"Where are you staying? If you're not anywhere else and just came you're welcome to stay in one of my guest rooms." Espen knew when the funeral came it was going to bring a lot of people from all walks of life from the lives of people Alden had touched through out the years.
Sion Reaver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by namey on Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:10 pm

Alister nods his thanks "I appreciate the offer. In my haste, I hadn't thought this through very well." he says "Is there, anyone whom we need to contact about Alden passing beyond the veil?" he asks, knowing that his old friend had touched the lives of many and some who weren't on Earth any longer.
namey
Admin

View user profile http://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver on Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:18 pm

Espen paused a bit. "I would say Hiromi and Nikki. Besides that I'm not so sure simply because I can't think of any on the top of my head."
Sion Reaver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by namey on Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:26 am

Alister nods slowly "That's understandable. I'll head out and see to it personally, that they're notified about transpiring events." he says as he turns and starts out. This, to him, was important and couldn't wait.
namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver on Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:05 pm

Espen watched Alister leave before sighing and going back to busying himself so he could try to sort out all that happened. Jennifer would be back whenever it was confirmed that Alister already knew.

There were other things to worry about and consider but this had really put them onto a back seat for now.
Sion Reaver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by namey on Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:16 pm

((Alister is out))
namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver on Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:01 am

Espen more or less just kept himself busy after Alister left, though he expected them to return before too long. There might be a few extra guest staying at his home, considering the turn out of people who knew Alden.

He wished he had spent more time with them, but it always seemed like it was never enough once one was dead and gone.
Sion Reaver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by namey on Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:23 am

Jennifer comes flying back and floats down in the backyard. She heads inn and straight over to Espen "I was unable to locate the Arch Bishop, but I have reason to believe that he's already aware of the situation." she says in a low tone, not knowing that he was just there not too long ago.
namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver on Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:39 am

Espen was briefly distracted but turned his attention to his bodyguard when she came over. "Alister came in earlier, but he left. I think he went to get Nikki and Kylie so he should be back relatively soon."
Sion Reaver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by namey on Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:55 am

Espen was right. Alister was back relatively quick. As soon as they emerged from the portal and had left the embassy, Alister teleported them to the front of Espen's house. Not wanting to be rude and teleport Inside the place.
namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver on Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:16 pm

It was only a few moments before one of the maids got the door for Alister to let them in and lead them to Espen. He stopped his conversation with Alister to turn to Nikki and Kylie, the later who picked up on the somber mood and was quite herself.

"Welcome back Nicki and Kylie. Hiromi isn't with you?"

She shook her head slowly. "..No. She'll be back soon. ..When will the service be?"

There was a long pause. "..Friday, but it may earlier depending."
Sion Reaver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by namey on Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:41 am

Alister walks over to Espen "If there's anyway I can help, just let me know. Anything you need, I shall see to it that you get it." he stats.
namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver on Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:14 am

(After thinking about it, it might be a good idea to have a mini time skip soonish and have the funeral happen a bit earlier. That way its not dragging if you're fine with it)

Espen couldn't think of much, on the top of his head anyway. "The only thing I can think of, is making sure others know about Alden passing on. Other then that, I think most of everything else is covered. Actually, there is one small thing. Excuse us for one moment."

He reached a nearby room then turned to Espen. "One of my friends Norpheus has brought it to my attention of something. He mentioned with the recent tensions and other going ons, extremist and the like its possible someone may do something foolish. And by that is to say one of Alden's enemies might poke the bear to get a reaction. A large group of gathered emotional people would be the place. I would apperciate if some of your people kept a eye on things due your senses but of course didn't make it obvious."
Sion Reaver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by namey on Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:56 pm

((That's entirely up to you. This is your dance, I'm just following suit.))

Alister frowns "I will not have anyone soil the name and memory of such a great man. I shall have a group of my best. Should anyone try to start any mischief, they'll be in for quite the surprise." he assures.
namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver on Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:39 am

"I knew I could count on you." Espen still felt very tired. "There is something else I wanted to discuss but it could wait after the funeral and we all had time. Get some rest. We'll all need it."

The funeral was held about a day or so earlier then expected, Angelique had wanted to make sure enough time had been made for those who could attend could do so.

At the moment, people were gathering. Espen was there, of course as was the Nakeen family. Hiromi was off to the side, seemingly lost in thought. There was a pretty young woman  that might have been mistaken for a Mystic with her looks and dress but wasn't. By them was a mother and daughter

There was also a young man by them. Espen knew the family so he wasn't surprised they were there; with how close the mother had been to Alden.

Lady Kazenbai, and surprisingly or not her son was also there as was Norpheus.
Sion Reaver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by namey on Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:36 am

((I'm going under the impression that they're at the funeral now, if not I can change it.))

Alister calmly, but somberly, walks to the stand and looks over to everyone. Taking in their expressions, moods, body language and general feeling about the atmosphere.

He clears his throat, placing his hands on the podium."I never had the pleasure of knowing Alden as well as I would have liked, but what time I spent with him and his family, the children at his orphanage, and I have been left with a very clear impression of the kind of person that he was.

Alden wasn't one for too much fuss or ceremony so I won't go on for too long, and I will be keeping to his more recent past because that is something you will all be more familiar with.

When Alden Glay came into this world many years ago, what began was the life of the man that the people gathered here today were proud to call their father, their brother and their friend.

I met Alden here, 5 years ago; he was then, and always was, a solid, reliable all-round good guy, someone you felt at ease with, someone that you instinctively knew you could trust and rely on.

Alden was a well-liked and respected man, he had many friends and although he didn't see them as often as he used to, they still kept in touch with each other, safe in the unspoken knowledge that they were there for each other if needed.

Alden's life was his family, the children he so cared for, they meant more to him than anything, a home loving family man who never missed a chance to help someone in need or do good by those around him.

Alden wasn't into physical sports, he preferred and enjoyed more leisurely activities like pool and cards. Up until just recently when it all got a bit too much for him, as well as his own work, Alden did voluntary work, driving for the physically handicapped and able-bodied club.

I wrote this short tribute to Alden yesterday afternoon, but somehow it lost a little of its impact when I read the notice in last nights paper, I don't know who it was from and I don't know if they are here this afternoon, but it was for Alden, and it said quite simply. "a really cool guy"- . If I had dispensed with everything else and just stood here and repeated those four words, that would have told you all you needed to know.

Just how does one honor a man who had lead a full and good life, helping those in need, as Alden Glay had? How does one define a man such as him? I spent all week thinking how best to describe it and in the end, all I could come up with is "Everybody loved him". Everyone loved him..."
he finishes quietly, then walks off.
namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver on Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:03 am

Vira was originally going to say something but she didn't really have the heart to say anything as did Espen. Alden's old friend, a kindly priest decided to do the closing part of the funeral.

It was still surreal to Espen that he was truly gone, but at least he was with his family now.
Sion Reaver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by namey on Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:35 pm

Alister takes his seat, silently. Jennifer didn't like seeing her Arch Bishop like this and while she had no romantic feeling for him, she still didn't like seeing such a great man in so much pain.

She wanted to console him, but it didn't seem like it was a good time. Plus, she wasn't the Most sensitive person out there. Also, she didn't have any right to deny him his feeling. After all, he had known Alden, while she had not.
namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver on Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:06 am

After some time, things winded down as people began to head back to their respective homes. Espen was ready to go to but he cited the Nakeen family was more then welcome to stay for however long they wanted. To that, Nicki was grateful but cited she didn't want to overstay her welcome.

Sion Reaver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by namey on Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:04 pm

After the funeral was over, Alister said his 'Good byes' to his friends, both living and passed, and headed out. He had some things to think about. Also, the war between the Mystics and Hunters came to a surprising close, with the Hunters overthrowing their own Council and forming a new Alliance.
namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver on Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:10 pm

Espen had to say one thing before Alister left. "When you're done with your business, there's something I want to talk about something. But for now, I think we just need a bit of time to clear our heads."
Sion Reaver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by namey on Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:27 pm

Alister agreed. They All needed some time to clear their thoughts and put the past behind them, while not forgetting about those in it. For that was, he had learned, the way to Truly keep someone alive. By remembering them and all they had accomplished in their life. If that were the case, Alister would make sure Alden lived forever!

((Alister's out))
namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver on Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:13 pm

(Guess everyone is out)
Sion Reaver

View user profile

Back to top Go down