Musings

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Musings

Post by namey on Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:14 pm

Naomi continues to sleep through out the night, or pretty close to it.
avatar
namey
Admin

Posts : 6326
Join date : 2013-05-08

View user profile http://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Musings

Post by Sion Reaver on Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:16 pm


Cadmus was grateful when the rest of the night went by without incident. He actually had nodded off for a bit but not for too long.

"Mistress requested to get you two for breakfast. Come when you're ready."

It was a female voice, maybe a maid or something. He shrugged before getting up to go take a brief shower, he'd let Naomi sleep in a bit longer. She deserved that much.
avatar
Sion Reaver

Posts : 5707
Join date : 2015-01-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Musings

Post by namey on Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:35 pm

When Cadmus came back, Naomi was awake. She still looked sleepy, though. She didn't seem to be a morning person "Morning..." she says stifling a yawn and gets up. She supposed she should probably take a shower and get dressed for breakfast.
avatar
namey
Admin

Posts : 6326
Join date : 2013-05-08

View user profile http://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Musings

Post by Sion Reaver on Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:48 am


"Morning Naomi. Breakfast is ready down stairs, I'll wait for you to finish before we head down." After they were done here, he wondered where they would be heading to next. Johns had mentioned something about a cabin on the outskirts of town they could retreat too as well.
avatar
Sion Reaver

Posts : 5707
Join date : 2015-01-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Musings

Post by namey on Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:21 pm

Naomi nods as she grabs a few things and heads into the bathroom. She spends about five minuets trying to wake up and the next fifteen in the shower. She comes out, all dressed and awake (her hair sparkling again) "Sorry for keeping you waiting. Shall we?" she asks with a smile.
avatar
namey
Admin

Posts : 6326
Join date : 2013-05-08

View user profile http://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Musings

Post by Sion Reaver on Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:52 pm


Cadmus couldn't help but smile back a bit slightly as he lead them down the stairs for breakfast. There was a black haired woman in a maid outfit cooking and setting aside plates for everyone and going a mile a minute as they focused on their task.

Kazenabi was also there sitting down and drinking what seemed to be tea before she looked up. "Morning you two. I hope you you managed to get some good rest. Please, make yourselves comfortable."
avatar
Sion Reaver

Posts : 5707
Join date : 2015-01-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Musings

Post by namey on Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:59 pm

Naomi nods "Yes, thank. It was the best sleep I had in nights." she says as she takes a seat and looks to Cadmus "So, what do we have planned for today?" she asks.
avatar
namey
Admin

Posts : 6326
Join date : 2013-05-08

View user profile http://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Musings

Post by Sion Reaver on Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:18 pm


Cadmus was about to do something with his phone when he addressed Naomi. "Johns mentioned something about a cabin at the edge of the city we could stay at. Do you know what location he's talking about?" Either way he was still getting into contact with Johns so he could know what the game plan was.
avatar
Sion Reaver

Posts : 5707
Join date : 2015-01-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Musings

Post by namey on Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:26 pm

Naomi nods "Yes. It was a place of safe retreat for my brother, when his work got too...hectic..." she mumbles the last part "I believe we'll be safe there. Only myself, Johns and now you know of it." she points out.
avatar
namey
Admin

Posts : 6326
Join date : 2013-05-08

View user profile http://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Musings

Post by Sion Reaver on Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:53 am


"Good. I'll need a picture or something so I'll be able to get to it by portal. Just let me know when ready."
Cadmus said to the young woman.

Kazenabi sipped a bit more of her tea before setting it aside. "It's a shame you won't be staying, but I understand having other things to do as well as being safe. Perhaps another time."
avatar
Sion Reaver

Posts : 5707
Join date : 2015-01-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Musings

Post by namey on Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:04 pm

Naomi shakes her head to Cadmus's question "No, sorry. I've never actually been up there before." she says, then looks to Kazenabi [color-cyan]"I would like to thank you again, for your hospitality."[/color] she says with a smile.
avatar
namey
Admin

Posts : 6326
Join date : 2013-05-08

View user profile http://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Musings

Post by Sion Reaver on Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:26 am


"Hm..I'll have to ask Johns then." Cadmus sent the man another text so he could get a location on it and such so he could pull a portal to there.

Kazenabi smiled but shook her head. "It's all right dear, I'm just doing what little I can. After all if we don't help each other, then who will?"
avatar
Sion Reaver

Posts : 5707
Join date : 2015-01-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Musings

Post by namey on Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:37 pm

Johns sends a text back a few minuets later "I haven't been up there yet, but here's the coordinance for it." he texts back, with the coordinance to the cabin "Let me know if there's anything else you need." he texts.

Naomi nods "Who indeed." she says softly "That's about what I think. That's why I got into helping others. Like building a low income housing complex and a free medical clinic for those less fortunate, but it seems there are people out there who have other ideas about that." she mumbles.
avatar
namey
Admin

Posts : 6326
Join date : 2013-05-08

View user profile http://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Musings

Post by Sion Reaver on Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:18 pm


Cadmus said no thank you, almost idly listening to Naomi's conversation with the Dog Demon woman. He honestly didn't understand why they were going after Naomi so hard for just building a housing complex. Even if they simply hated Zoanthropes with every fiber of their being and just couldn't stand one doing something good, their resources and the like could have gone to easier more worthwhile things. It was stupid on the surface; there had to be something else.

"I got it done far as location Naomi. Just lemme know when you're ready."


Kazenabi frowned slightly. "I see. It's a shame but that's the nature of this world with some. I won't hold two up any longer so if you're leaving I'll wish you two farewell."
avatar
Sion Reaver

Posts : 5707
Join date : 2015-01-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Musings

Post by namey on Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:53 am

Naomi stands, and nods to Kazenabi "Thank you for your hospitality and I wish you nothing but the best in the future." she says, then looks to Cadmus "Um, I need to gather my things. If you wouldn't mind meeting me in my room, we can leave then." she asks, then heads off to get her things ready.
avatar
namey
Admin

Posts : 6326
Join date : 2013-05-08

View user profile http://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Musings

Post by Sion Reaver on Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:57 am


Cadmus didn't have issues with that, he did say whenever she was ready on her end after all. The quicker they got this done the better.
avatar
Sion Reaver

Posts : 5707
Join date : 2015-01-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Musings

Post by namey on Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:12 am

It really didn't take Naomi long to get her things. She only had one outfit and her brother's picture. She walks out and meets Cadmus "I'm ready to head out now." she says. In truth, she really didn't like using portals to travel. To her, it was unnatural and, if she was honest, it seemed dangerous.
avatar
namey
Admin

Posts : 6326
Join date : 2013-05-08

View user profile http://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Musings

Post by Sion Reaver on Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:18 am


The Heartless nodded after that, concentrating until moments later a portal opened up. He didn't know about Naomi's slight reluctance about portals however or he would have maybe chosen another method of travel. Though it was funny in the sense Cadmus hated traveling in cars while Naomi wasn't fond of portals.

He did wonder what the general location of the cabin would be like in person; he'd find out in a few seconds.
avatar
Sion Reaver

Posts : 5707
Join date : 2015-01-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Musings

Post by namey on Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:36 am

After stepping trough the portal, they both find themselves at the cabin in question. It was a decent size and had a garage/work room. But the condition of the cabin was about what you would have expected for not being used for a few years.

Nothing was falling apart, but the outside was a bit overgrown and there were cobs inside the cabin it's self. Plus, there was no food. Plus no running water, indoor plumbing or electricity. There Was a diesel generator in a shed next to the cabin, but it probably needed some maintenance.

Naomi looks around "Oh my." she mumbles "I think, we might need to do some work on this."
avatar
namey
Admin

Posts : 6326
Join date : 2013-05-08

View user profile http://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Musings

Post by Sion Reaver on Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:29 am


"Huge understatement. I'm going to see if there's any tools around and see what can be fixed here and what can't."
Cadmus decided to head to the shed first, that would be the most logical choice far as tools went. He figured there would be things he couldn't fix here on his own, which made him wonder if Ross had any contacts he trusted enough to fix things for him here.
avatar
Sion Reaver

Posts : 5707
Join date : 2015-01-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Musings

Post by namey on Mon Apr 06, 2015 2:39 pm

The shed only housed the generator and the stuff to maintain it, like oil, oil filters and fuel, plugs. The tools were in the garage. It was a full set of them. There was also a half finished carving of a dragon on the work bench.

Naomi tried to pay it no mind, but it was clear that the dragon reminded her of her brother and she quickly heads past it, into the cabin. Saying she had to see what they needed to do on the inside.
avatar
namey
Admin

Posts : 6326
Join date : 2013-05-08

View user profile http://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Musings

Post by Sion Reaver on Mon Apr 06, 2015 2:45 pm


Cadmus knew what that was about and decided to give Naomi some space to let her recompose herself. In the mean time he went get started on fixing up the generator, then he'd work on the water/plumbing problem. This was such a pain the ass, he was glad the old man Larry actually taught him skills that would help along with stuff he picked up on his trips on odd jobs.
avatar
Sion Reaver

Posts : 5707
Join date : 2015-01-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Musings

Post by namey on Mon Apr 06, 2015 2:52 pm

The generator only needed new fluids. There was nothing wrong with the plumbing, because there wasn't any. That was the reason for there being no running water. Which meant they had to use the creek that was just down the hill to wash up, they had to bring their own water and an outhouse for 'Personal Time'.

A few minuets later, Naomi comes walking out, brushing dust off her hands "Well, we need food and some ice. There's an ice box inside, but it's empty." she says "There's also only one bed, so a spare cot might be a good idea."
avatar
namey
Admin

Posts : 6326
Join date : 2013-05-08

View user profile http://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Musings

Post by Sion Reaver on Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:10 pm


Cadmus got up from his work to look at Naomi when she came listing off a few things. "I don't like leaving you alone but this is probably your safest place at the moment but I'll still make it quick. Is there anything else we need?"
avatar
Sion Reaver

Posts : 5707
Join date : 2015-01-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Musings

Post by namey on Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:34 pm

Naomi nods "Some fresh linens. The ones on the bed looks a bit musty." she says "There's a protein stove in there, so we can cook if we need to." she points out "But mainly cleaning supplies. This place is in bad need of it." she says. "I'll call Johns and let him know we arrived safely." she says.
avatar
namey
Admin

Posts : 6326
Join date : 2013-05-08

View user profile http://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Musings

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum