Musings

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Musings

Post by namey on Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:07 pm

Cadmus's blow knocked the spiderman forward a step, but that was all. His arms started reaching for the Heartless as the spiderman throws the glass door at Cadmus! It seemed the guy had the proportionate strength and speed of a spider his size as well. Which meant he was fast and strong!

Naomi had found what she was looking for and fires it at the spiderman, who grows in pain and drops to a knee, but that was it!
avatar
namey
Admin

Posts : 5369
Join date : 2013-05-08

View user profile http://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Musings

Post by Sion Reaver on Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:04 am


Cadmus was unable to move out the way in time in such a inclosed space so he was forced to block and take the brunt of the blow even as he braced himself. Luckily, Naomi had stunned the thing for a moment which gave him the opening he needed to hopefully end this fight soon before it got even more out of hand.

Before the enemy Zoanthrope could recover, Cadmus moved forward, powering up a weaker energy blast to hit them with. For one, it would be a concentrated into the target instead of a radius; and two he wanted them alive for questions as well. If not for that, he wouldn't have any issue just wasting them.

Knowing from past experiences though, even if that did happen they wouldn't get that chance.
avatar
Sion Reaver

Posts : 4746
Join date : 2015-01-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Musings

Post by namey on Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:43 pm

It became apparent that Cadmus would need to use something stronger, as the man spider, took Cadmus's blast, and was knocked into Naomi's office by the force of the blast, but was still very much awake and ready to continue the fight!

With the proportionate strength and speed of a spider his size, he also had the proportionate duribility to go with one as well! However, it pauses for a second, then grabs Naomi's desk and throws it out the window and makes a b-line to it!
avatar
namey
Admin

Posts : 5369
Join date : 2013-05-08

View user profile http://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Musings

Post by Sion Reaver on Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:02 pm


The problem was, Cadmus really couldn't use his strongest stuff without blowing up the top half of the building or causing a lot of collateral damage. Fighting indoors sucked when he needed that extra fire power.

It was fast, faster then any of the other Zoanthropes he had ran into in the past, which made things harder but he still kept at it. It did give him a idea though.

As it ran away, attempting to flee out the window Cadmus opened a portal in front of them at the last second in a attempt to catch them. If it worked as plan the speed would carry them forward and he could close and dump them off somewhere.
avatar
Sion Reaver

Posts : 4746
Join date : 2015-01-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Musings

Post by namey on Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:34 pm

Since the portals don't open instantaneously (taking about a second to fully open), this gave the spider time to hit the breaks! Since it's path was blocked, there were only two ways to go and both of them meant going through Cadmus "Out of my way, meat!" the man spider growls as he menaces towards Cadmus!
avatar
namey
Admin

Posts : 5369
Join date : 2013-05-08

View user profile http://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Musings

Post by Sion Reaver on Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:31 pm


Cadmus didn't like it, but he couldn't really go full out in this cramped place so he stepped aside, moving more in front of Naomi protectively. He wondered why the thing was running, but he probably figured it thought he'd go down easy and when that didn't happen decided to leave before too much attention was brought to themselves.
avatar
Sion Reaver

Posts : 4746
Join date : 2015-01-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Musings

Post by namey on Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:30 pm

As the man spider rushes past Cadmus, it was hit by a blast of compressed ice that froze it instantly in place! A chain wraps around the spider's neck and pulls him back towards the smashed office window. There, someone gave him a vicious uppercut that shattered the ice encasing the man spider and sent him smashing through the ceiling, on to the rooftop! It was Lados! He nods to Cadmus, then jumps after the spider!
avatar
namey
Admin

Posts : 5369
Join date : 2013-05-08

View user profile http://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Musings

Post by Sion Reaver on Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:20 pm


Cadmus wasn't sure about Lados but he Had helped again so he was grateful for it. He turned his attention back to Naomi to check her over. "Are you all right? Are you hurt anywhere?" All this noise was bound to attract attention, espeically with knocking someone through the roof.
avatar
Sion Reaver

Posts : 4746
Join date : 2015-01-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Musings

Post by namey on Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:01 pm

Naomi was astonished by what she had just seen. Robots vs Monsters. That sounded like either a bad B movie or a horrible game. She looks at Cadmus "O-oh, yes. I'm fine." she says as she jumps up "Where are the rest of the guards?" she asks "Did you sound the alarm before coming to my rescue?" she asks, as she turns those deep brown eyes of hers onto Cadmus.

"Also, who or what was that robot thing? It seemed to know you." she says "Actually, I think I'm probably better off not knowing and maybe should, instead, focus on getting out of here and to my panic room." she says as she gets up and presses a hidden button on the wall, which pops open a small crawl space leading to a well fortified and well stocked panic room.
avatar
namey
Admin

Posts : 5369
Join date : 2013-05-08

View user profile http://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Musings

Post by Sion Reaver on Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:54 am


Cadmus teleported out, to hit the alarm before quickly heading back so he could keep a eye on Naomi. Mentally he cursed himself for making such a amatuer mistake such as forgetting to do something like that.

Still, while it could have gotten better the more important part was that Naomi was safe and sound.
avatar
Sion Reaver

Posts : 4746
Join date : 2015-01-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Musings

Post by namey on Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:36 pm

Naomi was waiting safely in her panic room while the rest of the guards come running into the room less then five minuets later. It's assumed that Lados was still fighting with the man spider, but there wasn't any noise coming from the rooftop.

The guards head up there, but there was little to no sign of them. All the while Naomi was waiting for Cadmus to give the all safe and even then, she was thinking about staying in her panic room until morning. Just to be safe.
avatar
namey
Admin

Posts : 5369
Join date : 2013-05-08

View user profile http://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Musings

Post by Sion Reaver on Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:05 pm


Cadmus waited until the guards came, then when he heard the coming he decided to greet them so he could get a report done and go from there.
avatar
Sion Reaver

Posts : 4746
Join date : 2015-01-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Musings

Post by namey on Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:53 am

Aside from the damage, there wasn't any sign of the kombatants, so they expanded their search and got the local police involved as well. Still, they probably wouldn't find anything.

This left another problem. For Naomi's enemies to make such a bold and open attempt on her life, that meant that she must be a Real threat to their plans.

This also begged the question of how the enemies knew where Naomi was and that she had no cameras in her room. Which could mean there was a leak!
avatar
namey
Admin

Posts : 5369
Join date : 2013-05-08

View user profile http://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Musings

Post by Sion Reaver on Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:27 am


Cadmus really was going have to talk to Johns about this but the whole thing bothered him a lot. The other guards would be hovering around for a bit considering, but they were going have to think about long term. He was going to spend most of the night thinking of things they could to prevent this from happening.
avatar
Sion Reaver

Posts : 4746
Join date : 2015-01-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Musings

Post by namey on Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:14 pm

Fortunantely, Cadmus didn't have to wait until morning to see Johns. The attack alerted him and he came at once to see if he could help. He comes walking in at a swift pace "Cadmus, what's going on? Is Miss Sylibus safe?" he asks "Did we manage to catch the culprit this time?"
avatar
namey
Admin

Posts : 5369
Join date : 2013-05-08

View user profile http://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Musings

Post by Sion Reaver on Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:58 pm


Cadmus grunted. "No, as freaking usual. I fought some spider Zoanthrope, at least I think it was. It could have just been some humanoid. Anyway.." He then explained what happened. "..That all said, I think there has to be either a leak or a rat for Naomi's place to be hit like that."
avatar
Sion Reaver

Posts : 4746
Join date : 2015-01-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Musings

Post by namey on Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:05 pm

A dark look crosses Johns face as he moves away from the rest of the guards "A mole? In This building?" he asks "I trained all these men personally And handpicked them. Are you saying one of them has gone dirty?" he asks.

After thinking about it, he nods slowly "If there Is a mole here...how do we find them?" he asks, then shakes his head "Tell you what, I'll handle the investigation. If there's a turncoat, I'll find them. I'll need you to pick up my slack watching Miss Sylibus." he says.
avatar
namey
Admin

Posts : 5369
Join date : 2013-05-08

View user profile http://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Musings

Post by Sion Reaver on Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:09 pm


Cadmus shook his head. "We're all flawed, we're bound to make some screw ups so don't knock yourself too hard. Besides people change, there's no way you could have known if its true we have a mole. I'll do what I can to look after Naomi though, you can bet on that much."
avatar
Sion Reaver

Posts : 4746
Join date : 2015-01-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Musings

Post by namey on Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:06 pm

Johns nods, patting Cadmus on the shoulder "It's probably best if only you and I know about this." he says in a low tone "I'll be seeing ya and I'll let you know what I find." he says as he heads out.
avatar
namey
Admin

Posts : 5369
Join date : 2013-05-08

View user profile http://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Musings

Post by Sion Reaver on Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:16 pm


Cadmus let his new friend go and focused on his job here but he was worried about a few things. One thing to discuss was sleeping arrangements, or Naomi was just going to sleep in the panick room by herself from then on out.
avatar
Sion Reaver

Posts : 4746
Join date : 2015-01-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Musings

Post by namey on Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:02 pm

Speaking of whom, Naomi was still waiting patiently in her panic room for someone to let her know that it's safe to come out. She had already planned on moving to another of her hotels until this one was repaired.
avatar
namey
Admin

Posts : 5369
Join date : 2013-05-08

View user profile http://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Musings

Post by Sion Reaver on Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:05 pm


Once things had slowed down the guards, it seemed were done investigating Cadmus made his way to Naomi's panic room knocking on the door. "It's safe to come out now."
avatar
Sion Reaver

Posts : 4746
Join date : 2015-01-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Musings

Post by namey on Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:45 pm

The crawl space door opens on up and Naomi comes crawling out. She was all dressed and ready for another busy day at her now smashed office. She looks around and sighs, before looking at Cadmus and smiling "Thank you for your bravery last night." she says.

She sighs softly "I'm so sorry you got put in harms way for me." she says as she picks up the picture of her brother "He always tried his best to protect me... he was always thinking of others..." she mumbles.
avatar
namey
Admin

Posts : 5369
Join date : 2013-05-08

View user profile http://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Musings

Post by Sion Reaver on Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:56 pm


Cadmus wasn't really the 'touchy' type but still he felt it apporiate to say or do what needed to be said. "Hey. It's part of my job, so don't worry about it. I knew the risk, besides I want to protect you."
avatar
Sion Reaver

Posts : 4746
Join date : 2015-01-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Musings

Post by namey on Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:00 pm

Naomi smiles "Well, I thank you for believing that I'm worth protecting." she says. Then looks around with a sigh "Well, I guess I had better collect the things I want to bring with me." she says.
avatar
namey
Admin

Posts : 5369
Join date : 2013-05-08

View user profile http://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Musings

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum