Musings

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Musings

Post by Sion Reaver on Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:13 pm


It was always the same in the end.

Going to one place, staying for a bit but never quite feeling he truly belonged anywhere at least long enough to stay. Cadmus felt restless but he wasn't sure if he'd ever find his way exactly but he could at least try that is. The question was always what he would do next but he would be fine since he had enough money saved up doing all sorts of odd jobs.

If Larry got word in, he'd maybe get in on the bodyguard thing. It would give him something to do he was decent at, the pay would be good and he'd get to travel.

We'll, whatever he had to focus on the here and now. That was why he was staying at his current hotel, it was decent; not the best but not bad either. His room had all it needed and to Cadmus who didn't want much that would be enough.
avatar
Sion Reaver

Posts : 5707
Join date : 2015-01-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Musings

Post by namey on Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:25 pm

There was word on the street that some rich, bleeding heart was coming through the neighborhood. Some high profile Zoanthrope named Naomi Sylibus. There was rumors going around that she was planning on buying this area for development of some kind. This didn't sit well with some and word was, they were planning on doing 'something' about it.
avatar
namey
Admin

Posts : 6326
Join date : 2013-05-08

View user profile http://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Musings

Post by Sion Reaver on Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:47 pm


Cadmus heard a buzzing on his phone and noticed it was Larry he rolled his eyes and put it back but it kept buzzing. He wasn't a bad guy but he was..loud at times and he didn't feel like talking about him but other then that he was all right. Finally he picked it up.

"What."


"Jesus Cadmus, you act like we haven't talked before. I got some good news of your new job. The agency is pretty impressed so looks like you might have that bodyguard gig."

The Heartless stood up straighter. "That's good to know. Anything else?"

"Not really. Cept.." There was a pause on the phone. "Some pretty lady is going to apparently coming through town, Naomi Sylibus real looker and real sweet heart from what I hear. Some people aren't too happy about it."

Cadmus already had a idea where this was going. "And if she comes through, you want me to make sure people behave, right?"

"Don't sound like you're dragging your feet." Larry chuckled. "I already know your a softy deep down despite that tough act you put. Just like the case with that family. It might do you some good, and hey if you meet her and hit it off you might finally have a reason not to be a recluse. You're a young man, you shouldn't be be work and all play. Anyway stay safe and I'll talk to your dumbass later."

"You too old man, don't have a stroke."

It clicked, and the conversation was done. The two were actually close but they did banter a lot some times.

Now as for this Naomi, he supposed he could look into it including people who had beef with her. Cadmus tried as he might to act cold couldn't stand geueinly good people get the short end of the stick or get hurt, so he felt he had to at least look into things.
avatar
Sion Reaver

Posts : 5707
Join date : 2015-01-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Musings

Post by namey on Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:11 pm

Something moved within Cadmus's apartment. A strange Cyborg comes walking out of the darkness. He holds up his hands "I mean you no harm. I have come with a warning. Your sources are correct. Someone will try for Miss Sylibus's life tomorrow." he says in a cybernetic voice "It's important that you stop them. Protestors are the least of the threats to her life." he says as he starts to back up, moving back into the darkness.
avatar
namey
Admin

Posts : 6326
Join date : 2013-05-08

View user profile http://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Musings

Post by Sion Reaver on Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:30 pm


Cadmus cursed himself for getting so damned sloppy someone had sneaked into his room unnoticed. The other man wanted no trouble but if that had been a enemy he would have been in trouble for the simple fact he wouldn't know until it was too late.

Though this did make things much more messy; he'd have to make some plans just to make sure everything went all right.

* *

Around the next day, Cadmus got the information he needed of the 'hot spots' Naomi was suppose to be at. He didn't know who the enemy could be or if they were even human; knowing his crappy luck it would be some meta human hitman sent after her or something.

Even if he didn't think entirely highly of himself he couldn't afford to doubt when someone like Naomi's life was on the line.

His cell rang and he got it after looking at the number. "Anything new? And how the favor go?"

Larry's voice cut through the other end. "No. And I can't even contact Espen, he's practically glued to his cell when it comes to helping so kinda worried about the sly bastard. But whatever, I managed to get a friend or two to look out and help as well just in case."

There was shuffling behind the phone then a female voice, his wife in the background. "You left the damned dishes dirty again!"

"Woman, I pay Half the rent I'll leave those damned dishes when I want to!"

"Thanks. I'll keep you posted with things." Cadmus hung up the cell after that to let the two continue their lovely conversation. Those two had been married for twenty something years, they'd scream at each other and say things but be fine five minutes later so he paid it no mind anymore.
avatar
Sion Reaver

Posts : 5707
Join date : 2015-01-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Musings

Post by namey on Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:41 pm

There was a car pulling around the general location where Naomi was suppose to be heading. Apparently she Was planning on buying some property in the area. But for what was anyone's guess. Her car stops and she gets out, followed by a bodyguard and a lawyer. There was also a construction foreman who came following them up.

They were talking about where they were going to start with their plans as a group of about a dozen people start towards them. Some were carrying bottles and chains. While on the roof, there was one lone person, looking through the scope of a sniper rifle, trained directly at Naomi!
avatar
namey
Admin

Posts : 6326
Join date : 2013-05-08

View user profile http://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Musings

Post by Sion Reaver on Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:52 pm


Cadmus was scouting from above to see what he could see and get a better vantage point of things. If someone was trying to kill Naomi, they wouldn't want to get caught so someone trying to snipe her made the most sense.

And there it was, a lone gunman. We'll, not today.

Sneaking silently behind the man, he went to strike the back of his neck to knock them out but noticed with a curse there seemed to be other 'friendly' people down below. Hopefully this clown would go down easily but if not he had a few tricks to end it quick and get back on the ground.

If he couldn't make it in time, hopefully Naomi's bodyguard could hold out until then or tha strange cyborg ninja came into play who he literally had a million questions on.
avatar
Sion Reaver

Posts : 5707
Join date : 2015-01-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Musings

Post by namey on Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:09 pm

The sniper spins around when Cadmus shows up, taking aim "This is Alpha 5. Tell Zordon that the Putty Patrol has arrived." says the shooter as he reaches for a flash grenade "Requesting the Zords at my location. Negative! The Green Ranger won't be necessary." he says as he drops the flash grenade.

The bodyguard took notice of the crowd and advised everyone to get back to their vehicles as he pulls out a strange looking gun "Okay, everyone I suggest you go back to your homes, peacefully." he says as he points to the nearest aggressor. The gun gives the crowd pause for thought.
avatar
namey
Admin

Posts : 6326
Join date : 2013-05-08

View user profile http://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Musings

Post by Sion Reaver on Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:45 pm


The guy Couldn't be human if he reacted that fast, or at least not a normal one or he had just gotten very out of practice. Granted it had been a sneak attack and he hadn't been going full tilt but still.

And the hell? Power Rangers? It had to be miltary code, someone must have really wanted Naomi dead then since this wasn't just a normal thug. Then he saw the flash grenade.

Oh no you don't!

Reacting quickly, Cadmus was suddenly just gone from his location as if he was never there. He appeared Just behind the man before he could finish in a attempt to choke him unconcious.
avatar
Sion Reaver

Posts : 5707
Join date : 2015-01-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Musings

Post by namey on Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:06 pm

Which was an interesting feat in it's self, since the shooter was at the edge of the building. On an ear piece, Cadmus's enhanced hearing hears "Alpha 5 is engaging the Putty Patrol. Red Ranger, take the shot!" a shot fires off from the building across from where Cadmus was, directly at where Naomi would be inside of her car!

A second shooter! It's no wonder the first shooter knew Cadmus was there! Luckily a few things happened all at once. First, Naomi's car was bullet proof. Even towards high caliber rifle rounds. Second, the sound of the gunshot sent the crowd scattering. And third, after the shot was fired, the bodyguard got into the car and they sped off.

The first shooter, suddenly goes limp as he stops breathing and starts foaming at the mouth, his eyes rolled back in his head. Probably a cyanide pill.
avatar
namey
Admin

Posts : 6326
Join date : 2013-05-08

View user profile http://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Musings

Post by Sion Reaver on Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:13 pm


Cadmus cursed under his breath when the man went limp in his grip. Son of a bitch. Of course it couldn't be that easy and they couldn't get information on them. The police would be on their way soon so he help them out by pointing them to the dead sharp shooter. This was going to be a pain in the ass all around.

He was trying to see if he could see any of the other shooters and get to them but chances were they were booking it.
avatar
Sion Reaver

Posts : 5707
Join date : 2015-01-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Musings

Post by namey on Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:29 pm

The same ninja from before jumps over the edge of the building and lands gracefully "So, there was a second shooter." he says as he looks around and focuses on the other building "If you wish to take off, I can handle the police." he says off handedly as the sound of sirens can be heard in the distance.
avatar
namey
Admin

Posts : 6326
Join date : 2013-05-08

View user profile http://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Musings

Post by Sion Reaver on Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:35 pm


Cadmus was silent before opening up a portal. "If you can, meet me at my place later so we can talk. I have a few questions."

He entered through the portal and was gone back home inside his own place. Cadmus wasn't sure IF the guy would even come but he hoped he did so he could figure out what the hell was going on.
avatar
Sion Reaver

Posts : 5707
Join date : 2015-01-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Musings

Post by namey on Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:39 pm

It was about an hour later when a knock at the door tells Cadmus that someone was there. "Mister Cadmus, I have come as asked." says someone that sounded like the cyber ninja, but without the cybernetic voice.
avatar
namey
Admin

Posts : 6326
Join date : 2013-05-08

View user profile http://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Musings

Post by Sion Reaver on Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:50 pm


Cadmus blinked at that. He knew his name? Why was he not surprised?

Never the less he opened the door after hearing the voice to let them come in. "I have dozens of questions, and I figure some you can't answer with the ninja thing so I'll just state the obvious ones first; but if you have questions you can ask me too. How did you know my name or I would help? And two are a friend of Naomi's or some type of higher end secret bodyguard?"
avatar
Sion Reaver

Posts : 5707
Join date : 2015-01-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Musings

Post by namey on Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:35 pm

Right off the bat, the cyborg didn't look like a cyborg, rather, he looked like a normal person. The ninja nods "For starters, you may call me Lados and as for how I knew your name, I'm a ninja. Information gathering is what we do." he points out.

"Also no. I have no affiliation with Miss Sylibus. As for why I approached you about her safety, let's just say her goals and mine are one in the same for now." he says cryptically "Whether or not they remain as such in the future, has yet to be seen." he says in a low tone.
avatar
namey
Admin

Posts : 6326
Join date : 2013-05-08

View user profile http://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Musings

Post by Sion Reaver on Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:26 pm


Cadmus frowned a bit. "..We'll that's not exactly too comforting but I'll take it I guess." He mumbled. "Do you have any idea why she was trying to buy property around here?"
avatar
Sion Reaver

Posts : 5707
Join date : 2015-01-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Musings

Post by namey on Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:33 pm

Lados nods "Yes. I have a few ideas, but it's not for me to say. One of those 'Ninja things'." he says "For now, you can count me on your side, so long as you protect Miss Sylibus from harm or until my orders change." he says.

He turns and starts back out, before pausing and looking over his shoulder "One last word of warning. If I could find you, others will be able to as well." he says, then continues on his way.
avatar
namey
Admin

Posts : 6326
Join date : 2013-05-08

View user profile http://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Musings

Post by Sion Reaver on Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:47 pm


Cadmus rubbed his temples. Some questions were answered but he had many other ones the man couldn't answer so he was almost back to square one. For the last bit of information he let it pass; he was always moving up and about anyway so it wouldn't bother him. He never stayed in one place for too long for the most part and it seemed it was time for him to move again.

Though how the hell was he going to protect Naomi if he couldn't be by her side was another question.

Cadmus began getting his Very few meager belongings, got in a few calls and headed out once more on the road to somewhere else.

Like usual, it got him thinking of different things, like how the group went their own ways after Alice left. He knew the kid was pretty hurt that Raine hadn't returned her feelings but he felt it wasn't the only reason she had ended up leaving. Cadmus really hoped she was doing all right these days, if anyone deserved a shot at being happy it was her. He was confident though, that she'd find someone sooner or later with her personality. Someone preferbaly who would take care of her and get her out of her slump.

It was a tad hypocritical in hindsight, given his low opinion of himself though.
avatar
Sion Reaver

Posts : 5707
Join date : 2015-01-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Musings

Post by namey on Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:10 pm

From somewhere in the building, something smashes through a wall, close to the roof and goes flying out of the building. It was Lados! As he was sailing through the air, something green shoots down from where he was smashed out of and sends him Shooting to the ground below!

As the cyber ninja hauls himself to his feet, his assailant jumps to the ground below "I'm not going to ask you again..." he says in a graveled, two-toned voice as he pulls a sword from his back "Tell me what I want to know or I'll mail your head back to the Lin Kuei!" he growls.
avatar
namey
Admin

Posts : 6326
Join date : 2013-05-08

View user profile http://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Musings

Post by Sion Reaver on Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:03 pm


He had mixed feelings about the ninja, he was useful but he knew Nothing about him. His motives, the goal of those he worked for or anything and he was hiding many things so Cadmus didn't trust them. At the moment, they were at best temporary allies. He knew Naomi was a good person from everything he heard, but could he say the same about this ninja and who he worked with?

The hell?

Cadmus heard some commotion and decided to check it out just to see what it was exactly. He'd be cautious though like he usually was, he didn't want get into a fight with two knuckle draggers when it had nothing to do with him but the off chance it did hurt innoncent people he had to at least look.
avatar
Sion Reaver

Posts : 5707
Join date : 2015-01-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Musings

Post by namey on Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:29 pm

Lados chuckles to himself, looking a little tired and slightly damaged "Like I said before...It's a secret!" he says as the other guy growls and brings his sword down on Lados!

Only to hit an ice clone and get completely frozen! Lados took this opportunity to rush in for a brutal five hit combo that sent the knight flipping through the air, smashing into a bike stand.

The Ninja launches a ball of compressed ice towards the Knight, who blocks it with his cape and fires a ball of emerald green energy back at the Ninja! Who nimbly jumps out of the way.

At the Ninja lands, he throws up his hands, shooting an ice ball into the air, which explodes and covers the area in a thick blanket of fog!
avatar
namey
Admin

Posts : 6326
Join date : 2013-05-08

View user profile http://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Musings

Post by Sion Reaver on Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:02 pm


Cadmus didn't know what the hell was going on but after the fog came, he took it as his cue to leave the short lived battle.
avatar
Sion Reaver

Posts : 5707
Join date : 2015-01-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Musings

Post by namey on Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:35 pm

Lados also took that as a chance to flee the battle. After all, it was foolish to face off against an enemy who's power and skills are unknown. Though, Lados got a decent idea of this Knight's skill level when they fought and the Ninja was more skilled, but what the Knight lacked in skill he made up for in power.

Lados would have to report this for sure. But what exactly was this creature? The ninja had never seen anything like it before nor had he heard of anything that matched it's description. He would definitely need to investigate this matter.

* *

As Cadmus was making himself scarce, the Knight drops down behind him "You! We need to talk about the company you're keeping." the Knight says in the same graveled, two-toned voice.
avatar
namey
Admin

Posts : 6326
Join date : 2013-05-08

View user profile http://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Musings

Post by Sion Reaver on Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:56 pm


Cadmus was keeping aware of things but the fog made it a bit hard to see, then that creature appeared. He tensed but didn't attack; one he didn't know what he was capable of and two he hadn't done anything. "We'll, if you want to talk I'm listening."
avatar
Sion Reaver

Posts : 5707
Join date : 2015-01-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Musings

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum